Print

Author Topic: March Game Sales Predicted to Rise, Thanks to SSBB  (Read 5066 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: April 07, 2008, 10:04:28 AM »

To be fair, Super Smash Bros. Brawl isn' t the only big title for March, but the game is being credited as the catalyst for a sales rise last month. Lazard Capital Markets analyst Colin Sebastian is predicting that software sales for March rose about 35%, and SSBB is a big factor, which became Nintendo of America's fastest selling title one week in at 1.4 million units.

Sebastian speculated about April a bit as well, saying that he expects positive growing trends into the summer months due a solid release lineup across all three platforms, namely Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit for the Nintendo Wii.

Lastly, Sebastian touched a bit on the launch preparation of Wii Fit, which is rumored to have a Mario cameo. He stated that Nintendo may "consider incremental production and/or shifting of regional unit allocation."

For the full details on the report, head on over gamedaily.com!

Link: gamedaily.com
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 06:28:39 PM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 06:18:59 PM »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Super-Jesse

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 06:29:00 PM »
Wait, what?

Thanks for the catch, didn't notice it until now, oops. :-P
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 05:35:39 PM »
I liked it better the old way.

-LD

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 07:23:12 PM »
To be fair, Super Smash Bros. Brawl isn' t the only big title for March
Really? Or do you mean on all consoles?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Super-Jesse

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 07:27:34 PM »
Across all consoles

Print