Print

Author Topic: 3-D Models  (Read 8048 times)

megamush

• Infinite member error
« on: May 16, 2008, 08:40:53 PM »
Does any one here know where I can find a free program that I can make 3-d model on it. It would also be nice if I could add animation to it. Does any one here know where I can find a program like this?
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 08:41:42 PM »
Try Anim8or. Be warned - it's not easy.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 01:40:39 AM »
Blender is supposed to be good, though I've never taken the time to figure it out.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 05:18:37 AM »
I've never had the patience to try any form of 3D modeling.  I barely have the patience to make a low-quality sprite.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 06:43:08 AM »
Try Anim8or. Be warned - it's not easy.
My computer won't let me install it. when I open it it says that windows had found a problem with it. Any help?

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 01:31:45 PM »
Well, I use Blender. And.... it's pretty nice. I still haven't found out how to make animations (Or a lot for that matter; but that's because my computer doesn't have internet)
I really don't care much for logic.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 10:25:26 AM »
Well, I use Blender. And.... it's pretty nice. I still haven't found out how to make animations (Or a lot for that matter; but that's because my computer doesn't have internet)
can you help me with belnder? also if you don't have internet how do you post here?

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 03:24:46 PM »
Could be using a library or school computer, or perhaps even his Wii (if he has one, of course).
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 06:10:41 PM »
Could be using a library or school computer, or perhaps even his Wii (if he has one, of course).

The third one is right, I use my Wii. But... within a few weeks, I might have my own internet! It's still a big maybe, though...

can you help me with belnder? also if you don't have internet how do you post here?

Ahhh, yeah, about that... I'm still a newb to the program. My best advice is to go to Blender's official site and checkout the video and text tutorials. If that's not enough; go to  Blender Artist for amazing tutorials. They also have amazing art I never thought Blender was capable of! (That's why I mostly go there, though I still don't have an account)

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 07:07:39 PM »
does anyone know how to change the camera, also haw do how change the actual objects?

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 11:52:36 PM »
does anyone know how to change the camera, also haw do how change the actual objects?

O.k., that's mostly done using the right mouse button. To select an object (Or the camera) right click it, now it will be highlighted with pink outlines. Then click and hold the right (Or left, I forget which, I haven't been on my computer in a while) mouse button anywhere in the 3-D space window and draw a line. You should be able to move the object by moving your cursor. Simply click to let go. Draw a circle to rotate the object. And if you want to move in one direction specificly, right click and hold one of the arrows and it will only move in that direction. As for changing objects, do you mean adding more objects, like a sphere or something? If it's that, have your cursor in the 3-D space window and press the space bar. A menu will pop-up, additional objects, cameras, lights can be found there. Once you find what you need, left click it and a more specific menu will pop-up with options for the object before its put in. One thing you'll have to remember about Blender, is that to use it successfully, you must learn the keyboard shortcuts. It can make things a lot quicker.

Edit: I'll add more info later.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 05:50:05 AM »
O.k., that's mostly done using the right mouse button. To select an object (Or the camera) right click it, now it will be highlighted with pink outlines. Then click and hold the right (Or left, I forget which, I haven't been on my computer in a while) mouse button anywhere in the 3-D space window and draw a line. You should be able to move the object by moving your cursor. Simply click to let go. Draw a circle to rotate the object. And if you want to move in one direction specificly, right click and hold one of the arrows and it will only move in that direction. As for changing objects, do you mean adding more objects, like a sphere or something? If it's that, have your cursor in the 3-D space window and press the space bar. A menu will pop-up, additional objects, cameras, lights can be found there. Once you find what you need, left click it and a more specific menu will pop-up with options for the object before its put in. One thing you'll have to remember about Blender, is that to use it successfully, you must learn the keyboard shortcuts. It can make things a lot quicker.

Edit: I'll add more info later.
thanks that actually helped!

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 06:27:47 PM »
Yeah, but when you draw a line, you do it with your left mouse button. I kinda got that one mixed up.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 08:40:18 AM »
The third one is right, I use my Wii. But... within a few weeks, I might have my own internet! It's still a big maybe, though...

If your Wii is able to access the internet, what's stopping you from connecting your computer to that same router?
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 01:22:51 PM »
If your Wii is able to access the internet, what's stopping you from connecting your computer to that same router?

Well... they're in opposites places. I have my Wii upstairs, and my computers downstairs. Plus, my Wii barley reaches the signal, usually only 1 bar. And it's in a spot my computer can't be in. Despite only having one bar of signal, my internet and WIFI play work pretty well. Although Brawl usually has some lag.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 02:41:04 PM »
Although Brawl usually has some lag.
doesn't matter what kind of connection you have, Brawl ALWAYS has lag.

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 03:32:52 PM »

Yeah, but in my position, I thought it'd be worse! I can actually play matches.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 05:08:44 PM »
Everything always has lag. However, Brawl has no noticeable lag if you have a good connection to the other person. I have experienced lagless matches.
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008, 05:11:31 PM »
I second Chupperson's answer.

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 05:23:20 PM »
To get this topic back on-topic, I will give more advice, and I'll be able to give more advice since my computer now has a DSL internet connection.

3-D Camera

Controlling the 3-D camera in Blender is really simple. Most of it requires the middle mouse button. Simply click and move to alter your camera's perspective. Depending on where you click, your camera's movement will differ. Clicking at the edge of the 3-D window will rotate the view more, clicking more inside the 3-D window will change the angle more. Hot keys for specific angles are on the number pad.

7=  Top
1= Front
3= Side
Crtl + (number) = opposite side

Editing objects will come next. Sorry this ones a little short.

A little off topic, but I tried a little water sim tutorial. It was very easy. I posted my results here on Youtube.
The tutorial can be found on the description of the video.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 07:45:03 PM by Wiiario »

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 07:48:23 PM »
Oh, yeah... Why is this in video game chat and what are you making?

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 05:26:48 PM »
Hey I was checking the new cloth feature in Blender 2.46, and I made my own *simple* animation.
I'll show you how to use it later when my results are on Youtube. It wont be until tomorrow, though. Rendering this will take ALL night, so I'll wait till I go to sleep to render it.

(Well... It might only take a few hours... but my model uses some ray-tracing which can make it take longer. It will still just take a few hours. But I'm impatient. Which is something you shouldn't be when using Blender)

*Ray-tracing is a material that casts off a reflection; such as a mirror.

Update: Eh, it was shorter than I thought. Only 2 hours... for 4 FREAKIN' SECONDS!
Video coming soon. Real soon.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 10:23:10 PM by Wiiario »

Print