Print

Author Topic: SSBB: New character...Petey Piranha?  (Read 8746 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: August 21, 2007, 09:41:47 AM »

I'm sure everyone's seen the latest video from Smash Bros. DOJO!! (If not, it's right here). I saw it last night as well, and much to my surprise it seems another Mario character has snuck their way into Super Smash Bros. Brawl. No, it's not Toad, it's Petey Piranha! This leads to an ultimate, mind bending question: is he in fact a playable character, an assist trophy, or a level hazard much like those in Super Smash Bros. Melee? Personally, I'm leaning towards playable character, but that leads to yet another question: Who would want to play as him? 

Make sure to check out the video- you might be surprised by what other Nintendo characters show up...

Link: Smash Bros. DOJO!!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 11:34:49 AM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 10:12:31 AM »
I'm fairly certain that a creature that size (even when compared to Kirby) will not be a playable character. Still, I'm sure there's some crazy people that would like to play as him.

It is much more likely that he is a boss in the new single player adventure mode.

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 10:13:14 AM »
I hope not. I think that might be a waste, considering Petey is not all that important in Mario games as is.

I can think of quite a few who are far more deserving than Petey.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 10:39:57 AM »
I'm fairly certain that a creature that size (even when compared to Kirby) will not be a playable character. Still, I'm sure there's some crazy people that would like to play as him.

It is much more likely that he is a boss in the new single player adventure mode.
That's what I'm leaning toward.  When I first saw the video, I thought 'oh dear!  Petey?  He better not be playable!'  Even Waluigi is more deserving than Petey (okay, maybe not, but I'd still take Waluigi over Petey)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 10:45:28 AM »
I'd take Waluigi over just about everyone. :P
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 10:59:32 AM »
I don't really dig Waluigi that much, he just seems pointless to me. I would kinda like Petey to be playable, I think he's a cool character.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 11:47:41 AM »
I think Petey will be like Giga Bowser was in SSBM.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 01:17:10 PM »
I think Petey will be like Giga Bowser was in SSBM.

You mean like the final boss?

I think that Ancient minister guy will be the Final or Penultimate boss. I think Petey might be working for the Subspace army and will act as the first boss (maybe)

Also, is it just me, or is Petey a lot more... ferocious this time around? The way he clashes  those cages, that roar... definately more evil then stranding on top of a windmill and waiting for the hero to come kick his butt.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 01:24:32 PM »
Not necessairly final. I meant that he will be a boss and not a playable character.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 09:15:03 PM »
Whoah, that's a surprise... I saw the update, but not the vid, so this took me by shock.

He's probably a member of the Subspace gang, or whatever. Personally, I think that no matter how awkward, every new (or not) character in the Subspace Emissary mode will either be unlockable, or everyone will lie about how they are.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 01:29:20 AM »
I am going to master Petey, and use only him to defeat the haters over and over.

Fear my polka-dot Speedo!

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 06:18:09 PM »
I was actually shocked when I saw R.O.B.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 08:01:13 PM »

Giga Bowser is playable, remember?

And that second idea is doable. I still vote for BirdPerson's, however. A giant flying Kawashima head is the perfect boss. Then if you defeat Normal and up in a certain amount of time, you get to face him and Master and Crazy Hand.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 08:18:40 PM »
"Giga Bowser" is only playable as a final smash.
That was a joke.

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 10:41:57 PM »
I am going to master Petey, and use only him to defeat the haters over and over.

Fear my polka-dot Speedo!

I'd say that speedo suits Petey well.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print