Print

Author Topic: Intelligent Systems talks Brawl, Paper Mario DS  (Read 7921 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: August 31, 2007, 02:16:27 PM »
Ryota Kawade and Kensuke Tanabe from Intelligent Systems were interviewed by NCL to promote the upcoming European release of Super Paper Mario (Yes, USA'ers, they still have not been able to play that title). There are some interesting tidbits to the interview, and below is a portion to make you salivate for more...

NoE: Which of the four main playable characters in the game is your favourite to play with?

RK: "I think for me Mario is the easiest to use, but my favourite character is Luigi. I’m very much satisfied because we could make him take an active role in this story!"

Click on to see the full interview transcript, including the questions about a Paper Mario Brawl level, and Paper Mario on the DS!

Link: NeoGAF
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 08:36:56 PM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 06:17:40 PM »
Not being able to know the future makes me excited. In any event, I want to make something that can surprise people who see it.
Yes, who predicted that the Paper Mario after TTYD would be a side-scroller...

Edit: More than I want a Paper Mario for the DS, I want a Mario & Luigi for the Wii, with co-op mode you can use at will. Meaning, you can play through the game alone, but if a friend comes and wants to play, you can both continue from your save point, player two as Luigi. You make some progress and they leave, and you can keep going controlling both brothers.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 06:20:19 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 12:51:59 AM »
If you could only play as Luigi in co-op, it might mess up the plot.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 10:24:03 AM »
Sounds cool, but I'd like the Mario RPG's to stay exclusive to their systems (Paper Mario in consoles, Mario & Luigi in handhelds).

EDIT: I'd rather want them to stick with the turn based RPG style like they did in the first 2 Paper Mario games.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 06:30:19 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 12:02:49 PM »
Ever heard of a Game Boy Player? Like, the thing that has its logo show up before Mario & Luigi starts? The thing that plays Game Boy games on a GameCube, thus on your TV? :O
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 12:17:26 PM »
You know, you can get your point across without being condescending, Chupperson.

I'd be perfectly fine with a Paper Mario title on the DS, though. But given the release pattern of Mario RPGs, it might not be likely since every Mario RPG is on a different system.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 01:17:14 PM »
If you could only play as Luigi in co-op, it might mess up the plot.
More than I want a Paper Mario for the DS, I want a Mario & Luigi for the Wii, with co-op mode you can use at will. Meaning, you can play through the game alone, but if a friend comes and wants to play, you can both continue from your save point, player two as Luigi. You make some progress and they leave, and you can keep going controlling both brothers.
I may seem like a senile old man, but I know what I'm saying.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

dżamper

• You forgot Poland!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 10:37:37 AM »
w00t, Paper Mario on DS! I plan tu buy a DS (but it's still quite expensive in Poland :/) and PMDS is nice idea for me ;D
Yoshi's broken English!     Lesson 1: All your base are belong to us!     Lesson 2: Please would paper chuck in wastebin Thank you!

Print