Print

Author Topic: "So, all you do is play video games?"  (Read 31431 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2006, 11:54:39 PM »
Well, to be honest I forget those details, although he brought up various things about how he didn't tell me to "get a life" (which he did) or how his wife didn't bring up videogames (which she did) and how she never spoke in italics (which she did).
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2006, 08:35:23 AM »
OK. That guy needs to be slapped twice as hard.

« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2006, 01:24:35 PM »
O____O WTD?! That sucks hardcore, Glorb! I'm so sorry to hear that you have to endure that kind of crud! Somebody needs to teach that little train-dork (No offense to your dad) and his wife a lesson, dude!

.... Although, the worst part of this is, he (or his informer) may still be checking up on this topic every now and then.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2006, 06:45:33 PM »
Eh, I wouldn't really mind. For all I know, my Dad could've just found it, mentioned it off-handedly in a conversation (he does that too often) and his friend then made a big deal of it, who knows? I'm not too offended, though; in fact, so far I haven't been actually grounded (i.e., I kept all my privleges) so I doubt my dad actually ment it.
every

« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2006, 10:29:38 PM »
Sorry dude, that definatley isn't cool. Now, I have a bunch of relatives who collect trains, and play chess, and that sort of thing. I kinda take chess as a timeless thing, but on topic, board games, trains, and all that great stuff was the form of entertainment at the time. Videogames, movies, the internet, are what people like to play around with now. So, simillar concepts maybe?

Also im really confused about that guy being mad about this message board. Somewhere in the ballpark of everyone here plays videogames... so everyone here needs a life? so does that mean you two could get counsoling together? My other point here, is if you lied so much about him, how did he know you were talking about him, or if this "glorb" guy has any relationship to "that kid i ever so politley commented on videogames about"

But whatever...

Oh, and his wife should have taken well to the witty italics comment
I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2006, 12:17:43 AM »
I'd just talk to the person about it. There's nothing wrong with a good debate. My uncle has trains, yet, one night when he came over for dinner, we played a few games of Mario Kart (he was actually pretty good, to my surprise). I'm still wondering how he could find out about this topic, though... :\
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2006, 10:38:16 AM »
Perhaps this train-loving friend of Glorb's dad leads a secret life of enjoying videogames and discuss on the Internet; a life that only his wife knows about. :P
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2006, 06:27:36 PM »
Hehe, that would be funny. I'll just forget about the whole incident, really; the guy found out about me being on this forum because I mentioned it in a conversation one day (though, surprisingly, he cared nothing about that).
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2006, 02:18:08 PM »
Sometimes I play foosball.  I had to move the table out to make a nursery, but plan to set it back up in the garage.

http://www.funnyjunk.com/movies/211/Cool%20Foosball%20Trick/stream
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2006, 03:50:54 PM »
Ooh, I love foosball! It's, like, football, but misspelled!
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »
Foosball < Air Hockey < Pool, in my opinion. I need a pool table. I also need a bowling alley in a basement.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2006, 05:39:46 PM »
Foosball < Air Hockey < Pool, in my opinion. I need a pool table. I also need a bowling alley in a basement.

I need all of those in my house.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2006, 07:18:32 PM »
I need four of those in my house, so I can keep up with my friend and his fancy-pants brand-new $400 Xbox 360...grumble...I should've gotten that! It's not fair!
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2006, 05:37:35 AM »
What, so you can just stare at it? The 360 hasn't got any fabulous games, except for Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion. I felt the same way when my friend got a PSP, but now that I have one, I'm bored with it, and I play my DS much,much more.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2006, 02:33:26 PM »
Well, I obviously won't buy it for function; those games are too expensive! I'd get is as a status symbol, really. Well, that and Full Auto. I'm freakin' addicted to that game.
every

Print