Print

Author Topic: Game reviews, etc.  (Read 4544 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« on: April 30, 2007, 11:40:47 PM »
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 12:42:58 AM by MEGAߥTE »

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 05:09:57 AM »
You just prevented me from buying Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja. I had recently pondered picking it up (I liked the art and name) but knew absolutely nothing about the actual gameplay.

I've tried to make myself like roguelikes far too many times (hanging around on forums filled with age 30+ hardcore PC gamers who trick me into thinking I'll find these "good" games fun) and always end up hating them. Heck, I can't even take Diablo!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 01:27:53 PM »
I always liked the original Rogue. But to have a more advanced game with that same gameplay seems ... counterproductive.
That was a joke.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 03:35:32 PM »
I haven't played too many roguelikes, but one of them I do enjoy is NetHack.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 06:55:17 PM »
Rougelikes seem to me like Tactical RPGs masquerading as Dungeon crawlers, which doesn't sound good .

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 09:17:24 PM »
I'm glad I bought Kororinpa: Marble Mania before seeing your score, but your review is pretty much spot on.  I think the graphics and sound are better than 6.5, but that's mostly subjective on my part.  I like bright colors and chirpy music in games.  The control is definitely tight in this game.  The different balls, high scores, secret and mirror levels add some replay, but I agree that it is too short.  It's also the only Wii game my wife got addicted too.  So much so that on a few occasions she was playing at two or three in the morning.  I'm hoping for a new version of this.   BTW, I think $40 is a good price for this game, but it would have obviously sold more at $30 and possibly have more/better reviews given it's length to price ratio. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print