Print

Author Topic: glitches/cheats  (Read 35076 times)

« on: August 20, 2004, 05:31:58 AM »
post any glitchs/cheats you found in any mario game and what you did to make it happen.

if mario went on a diet and stopped hen he was as thin as luigi wouls we have to call him marigi
if mario went on a diet and stopped hen he was as thin as luigi wouls we have to call him marigi

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 04:34:24 PM »
How many of you did the glitch that, as Regular Mario, you die in the castle (touching both Bowser and his axe at the same time) and move on to the next world?

Please save the Japanese Minus World. We need a Minus World which we can beat!

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 11:52:43 AM »
There's another SMB glitch similar to the one above. When you step on the axe and on Bowser as Super or Fire Mario, you go on to the next stage with Mario sizes reversed! (Mushroom makes Super Mario small, flower makes small Mario SMALL & FIERY, etc.)
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 12:41:23 PM »
No one notices that these same glitches were already posted on the site years before this topic was made. :P

Know why the elderly contribute so much to the church? To buy their way into Heaven from a lifetime of sin.
Know why the elderly contribute so much to the church? To buy their way into Heaven from a lifetime of sin.

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 05:25:50 PM »
Sorry about that. I forgot that those were on this site before. And what's more, I didn't read the topic carefully, which says that you're supposed to talk about glitches that you found YOURSELF. Guess where I found that one? This site! Silly me.

Anyway, once a long time back an accidental glitch occurred on my friend's copy of SMW. It's a lot like a glitch documented on David Wonn's game glitch site (forgot the exact address). It's a very cool and funny glitch where Mario rides a Chargin' Chuck instead of Yoshi - and the Chuck has a hammer for a body! The problem is, whoever sent in the instructions for the glitch on David Wonn's site made them very hard to understand. Could any of you guys help me out?

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 05:28:06 PM »
Oh, here's the address for David Wonn's game glitch site:  http://kontek.net/davidwonn

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 06:42:56 PM »
There's a way to get to the very tip top of the castle, but I don't know how.  Does anyone else know?  I can get onto the patch of roof below it, where you do the "fall through the roof into the secret room" glitch, but not the very top.  How is it done?

Everything is as smooth as sandpaper pajamas.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 07:55:11 PM »
What game are you talking about?

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 07:55:23 PM »
What game are you talking about?

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 07:56:34 PM »
Sorry about the double-post.

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2004, 03:00:43 AM »
i think hes talking about super mario 64 where if you walk to the edge of the roof of the castle you fall through and your stauck inside a room with 1 door and when you go through the door your in another room. from this new room you can only go back into room 1

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2004, 08:16:40 AM »
I found a glitch in SMB3 that can be done in any area with a group of blocks that are only one block above the ground. As Super Mario (or any Mario besides small Mario) run toward the blocks and then duck at the last second.  Then let go of the down key. Not only will Mario's head be stuck in the blocks but he will slowly glide along the ground until he gets out of the blocks. Sometimes he will even pass through a wall.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2004, 09:50:46 AM »
That's just so Mario doesn't get stuck in walls. Same thing happens in SMB and SMW. In SMB3, it can lead to shortcuts, however.

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2004, 12:08:39 PM »
I found out a trick in SMB3 involving the walking-through-walls thing. In Bowser's castle, after you ascend the steep place with 3 roto-discs, you'll find an invisible block with a 1-UP against the right wall at the top. Do a ducking jump onto the block, and let go of the down button. Mario will go through the wall and might (I don't quite remember) be able to land on some of the upper Donut Lifts on the other side!

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2004, 05:11:08 PM »
I don't remember exactly what level this was on, but I do remember it was in SMA2, Super Mario World, and in Vanilla Dome

I was in an underground area, near two charging chuck's guarding both sides of a medium slope.  I jumped on one, and aimed for the center of the slope, fell through, and died.

The reason I don't remember the level- This happened over a year ago.  But it still haunts me at night.

Too many numbers...
Too many numbers...

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2005, 11:41:07 AM »
I revived this topic to tell you about a really cool glitch in SMA3: Yoshi's Island. (I did NOT find this one myself, but I don't think it's documented on this site.)

In either Bowser's Castle or Mystery of the Castle? (it's a lot easier to do it in Mystery of the Castle?), find a place where a red switch is sitting near the left edge of a lava pit. Jump into the pit, but turn to the left and hug the left side. When you touch the lava, you will die and fly up to the left. But wait! When you land on the switch, you will revive! You will still, however, lose a life from your life count. One especially cool thing about this glitch is that if you have 0 lives left when you do this, you will get............ 999 lives! Cool, huh?

I'm not sure if this works in the SNES version or not. But in that game, there is no Mystery of the Castle? stage, and I think you can only get 99 lives.

I'll try to get back to this thread sometime to list a couple of glitches in SMB2, but I'll have to perform them again to find out the details.

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2005, 11:56:49 AM »
A glitch I found myself in SMB2 is that if you pick up a key, and Phanto comes alive, exit the room and re-enter. He will come alive again, but the Phanto that came alive the first time will fly in, then you have two Phantos chasing you! If you leave the room or die it will go back to one Phanto. This was fixed in SMAS.

I am feeling fat, and sassy!

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2005, 03:41:03 PM »
Cool! I'll have to try that one out.

Since I'm already posting, I might as well try to recall one of the glitches I mentioned without actually getting back to that place in the game. In World 5-3 of SMB2, pick up the first Pidgit in the room before Clawgrip, and ride his carpet until you get to the other one. Throw the Pidgit to kill the other one while you are moving. Your carpet will start moving really fast! You can get to the cloud platforms with Shyguys with ease this way. I think this also works in SMAS.

Oh, and here's one from SMA2 (GBA Super Mario World). This one is coolest in Cookie Mountain. First, get Yoshi. Then come to the place with a fireball-spitting Jumpin' Piranha Plant. Now start to eat it when a fireball is falling on your head. If Yoshi's tongue has grabbed it when you're hit, Mario will fall off Yoshi, but the Piranha Plant will have been displaced! It is off-center in the pipe and cannot hurt you except with its fireballs! You can't touch it, but Yoshi can still eat it. (When you get hit, Yoshi just runs between the two pipes around the one with the P.P., so you can get him back easily.) Repeat this to make the Piranha Plant more and more off-center; you can actually get him between pipes or into one of the other ones! This glitch also works with Volcano Lotuses.

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2005, 10:00:44 PM »
In Paper Mario: TTYD go in front of a building, get out koops, use his hold move and go behind a building. koops will go through the building to mario. (this only works with certain buildings).
"Ok class, listen up! Mario2 + Luigi1 = mariluigi3"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2005, 09:22:09 PM »
I don't remember if I posted this one somewhere else, but:

SMW, Cheese Bridge 1. There's at least one rope that dangles past logs below. Grab on and slowly climb down. When you touch your feet to the logs, the rope should still drag you, but Mario will  be in the standing position. You can walk out of this, but you'll walk slowly as if "Tangled up." Yes, I found this myself, in the middle of an attampt at the secret exit.

You can put a spoon between two slices of bread and it only sticks out a little bit! –Andy Milonakis
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2005, 09:40:42 PM »
In SMB 1 I discovered a glitch... but it requires a layout of blocks that can be found nowhere in the original game.

> XXX
#
XX
XX___

> = Mario
#

X = Block

_ = Pit

In a water level, when you duck right up against the wall on the left side, and the layout is exactly like that, the pit will pull you under the hanging wall and you will get past it. Kinda random, but it is required in level 2-2 of my SMB 1 hack.

NOTE: You do it with Super Mario.

Edited by - Kuroneko on 9/11/2005 8:41:25 PM

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2005, 12:18:19 AM »
I'm sure I've already posted this glitch, but in SMA2, if you go into Star World 1 and get the key, then run into the wall on the right, and let the key go, Mario's sprite will become blurred!

I''ve noticed something amongst some people''s signatures- they''re not always perfektt.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2005, 04:55:21 PM »
The Yoshi's Island glitch that smfan1085 mentioned is working in the SNES version. I have been testing it with EggVine.

You will be the bread for my mustard of doom due a counterattack you were least expecting!

I HAVE FURY!

Edited by - Fawful on 9/16/2005 3:56:59 PM
You will be the bread for my mustard of doom due a counterattack you were least expecting!

I HAVE FURY!

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2005, 09:18:21 PM »
Wow. This is the first topic I ever posted in on this board (or on any board). It's an interesting topic, too. I have another glitch which is for SMB2 (NES), but I will have to check up on it first.

_______
j00r 73h r0x0r, d00d!

Edited by - smfan1085 on 9/16/2005 8:23:32 PM

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2005, 01:17:48 AM »
I have a small one:
In SM64DS go to Bob-bom(sp?)Battle field pick up a bomb manning the cannon and pick him up and toss him at the wall. If done correctly the bomb should go through the wall.
LUIGI OWNS YOU!!!!!!!

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2005, 11:29:32 PM »
Here's a weird glitch on SMW that I don't suggest doing (I lost my save file that had a lot of levels unlocked)When the game is on, whack the cartridge while the console is on. You'll get a blank screen with music from the game playing in the background. Doesn't work with any of these games I've tried: Super Mario Kart, Yoshi's Safari, and Donkey Kong Country.

Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo
Now you''re playing with power!

Edited by - Yoshi55 on 9/23/2005 10:30:50 PM
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2005, 03:32:20 PM »
In MKDD your characters might act like they're going to fall off Rainbow Road even when you're in the middle of the road. While I'm posting... It's not a glitch, but it is cool: In SM64DS Yoshi can make SQUARE eggs by eating crates!

My friend John: Wow! I can see my own breath! It''s already that time of year?
Me: No. Your breath just smells. Really bad.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2005, 05:07:00 PM »
Can we also post glitches that we found a game that stared Luigi?
I still have 2 years of nintendo power left.
I love Nintendo!

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2005, 05:10:52 PM »
sorry about the double post but I ment, ...in a game that stars Luigi.
I love Nintendo!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2005, 05:13:31 PM »
That's still considered a Mario Game. Any game with a character originally from a Mario game would, really. And either way, the Game Help board doesn't HAVE to be about a Mario game (though you'd get best results if it were a Nintendo game, at least)

You''re all my http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=memyffffs3bi.png "> FFFFs . My Freakin'' Fungi Forum Friends!

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2005, 05:27:13 PM »
Ok, because, in Luigi's Mansion, I was in the tea room and about to grab the chest that appeared on the left table. I went onto the ceiling, because thats the only way to get it, then went to go down onto the table, but instead of going down I went up to the balcony where you fight that giant boo. I would of fought the giant boo if it wasn't that I didn't have the Ice power or the key to the balcony yet.
I love Nintendo!

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2005, 10:14:36 PM »
Hey raccoon_mario, I just wanted you to know, if you click on that pencil icon, on your post you can edit your message. You can tell when you edited one, because it shows a message in your post that you edited it. See I just did it. I know your pretty new so, no big deal.

Other Guy: Well thats because someone''s cat was strangled on the phone line.

Edited by - bigmariofan1.0 on 10/9/2005 9:16:53 PM
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2005, 07:23:32 AM »
In Mario Superstar Baseball, If you play Bob-omb Derby, if you do a chare swing then miss, then hit the bomb with a normal swing, then miss on the next one, the game will freeze and the screen will look like you hit the ball.

Naruto, Code:Lyoko, Zatch Bell, Bomberman, and Mario Pwns.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2005, 08:02:37 PM »
Why wasn't the spastic Mario ending in SMW removed in SMA2? (When you hold up while peach floats down, Mario waves his arms and nods his head during the credits)

You''re all my http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=memyffffs3bi.png "> FFFFs . My Freakin'' Fungi Forum Friends!

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2005, 03:25:49 AM »
raccoon_mario that happened to me a long time ago and I only just remembered it....
(Wonder how it works?)
LUIGI OWNS YOU!!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2005, 06:02:13 PM »
I don't know.

Mario, Mario, He''s our man, If he can''t triple-jump and ground pound no one can!

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2005, 10:30:55 AM »
in sm64 in bob-omb land 1st star if you carry and fall off the boss area with the boss and get away fast enough you'll hear the boss music everywhere

its sweet!

mario and green day rocks
if u want to find me on runescape...its linkloz01 or royfe02

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2005, 04:13:08 AM »
I've known of a glitch perhaps is what you could call it.It's very useless but neat.(In the NES Super Mario Bros. 3)Enter world 5-7 as any form other than small mario and without starman power.Go to where the fire flower is and expose it but don't get it.Now hit the first question block to the right of where the flower is.The flower should flash red sorta.Now get an enemy in close proximity to the area to hit you to take you down to small mario.Now as small mario grab the fire flower and instead of going from small mario to super mario you'll go from small mario to fire mario.A second variation of this occurs in the same level(5-7)as well as in 6-1 and 7-3.You can't have starman power for this to work.I'm not a expert but it's obvious this has something to do with the continuous starman block (which doesn't sprout a starman cause you're not already having starman power)being hit at the same time as another power up is exposed.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2005, 10:36:11 PM »
I found a SSBM glitch! If you play stamina mode and Mr. Game and Watch dies, attack his corpse. He beeps even though he's dead!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2005, 10:45:02 PM »
Good first post, Mario3Lover!

Gosh, I still have to post that other SMB2 glitch. I still need to check on it, though. It involves getting a Shyguy stuck in a mushroom block, by the way.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2005, 04:57:25 PM »
I think I did that Shy Guy one in the Advance version.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2005, 02:49:05 PM »
How many secret Whistles are there in Super mario Bros 3? I only found three...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2005, 09:14:29 PM »
Great jorb. That's all of them.
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2005, 07:57:07 PM »
What about the(insert cheat here)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2005, 08:32:33 PM »
I had Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time lock up today when I tried to use a Mushroom Drop or Super Mushroom Drop  in a battle. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2005, 05:22:21 PM »
One time when my friend was playing SMW on SNES, for no apparent reason, the game glitches-up in Donut Ghost House. The game looked like it was an outside level in a Ghost House. And the cart was clean and OK.
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2005, 08:32:35 PM »
He was playing a SNES? Did you kill him? ;)
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2005, 12:54:23 PM »
One time when my friend was playing SMW on SNES, for no apparent reason, the game glitches-up in Donut Ghost House. The game looked like it was an outside level in a Ghost House. And the cart was clean and OK.

Whoa, that sounds awesome.

*remembers the time when, on his friend's copy of SMW, Yoshi turned into a hammer with a Chargin' Chuck's head*

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2005, 04:51:35 PM »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2005, 11:36:37 PM »
After you beat Nana in LM, listen. You can hear the chair squeaking even though it's not there anymore! It seems to be only right after you beat her and if you leave the room it stops.
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2005, 10:22:34 AM »
Does anyone remember how the Cloud World cheat for Red/Blue went?

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2005, 02:07:11 AM »
I'm new to the forums, but I have a question that I have scoured the internet to answer, and yet no mention of it has come up anywhere that I've seen >.> Anyways, while playing the SMB3 Vs. Mode for a long time, on NES, we were playing the chest minigame with the coins underneath it when a golden apple popped out of one of the chests. The apple seemed very...glitchy, and when he got it, it replaced his cards. Now he and my friend continued playing the game on vs. mode (For another 2 hours I might add <.<) While I tried to figure out what it did, but it did eventually get knocked out of him and vanished. Does anyone know what this is? And for reference we were in world 6 by the time we started messing around with Versus mode....

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2005, 02:20:51 AM »
Whoah... I have no idea what that could be. Maybe that's because I haven't played the NES version. However, I have tried the GBA version, but I found no mention of an apple.

BTW, welcome to the forums.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2005, 10:21:49 AM »
Yes! Welcome to the forums, newcomer Soulcry!! :D

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2006, 07:56:52 PM »
A list of codes that will bring you into glitch worlds:

YSAOPE + YEAOZA + KEAPYA (My favorite code, it will bring you to a glitch bonus world with 8 rows of happy clouds above you.)

YSAOPE + YEAOZA + EEAPYA (A very strange code. You aren't underwater, but there are bloopers and Mario swims! Bowser(?!?!?) is at the beginning of the level.)

YSAOPE + YEAOZA + XEAPYE (Turns out that world 1-1 was originally underwater. This is the code to play it.)

YSAOPE + YEAOZA + IEAPYE (This is the strangest code of all. Absolutly nothing nothing. I mean NOTHING. No floor, no enimies, no exit. Also known as world E-1.)

YSAOPE + YEAOZA + TEAPYE (An underwater...bonus world?!?!? Mario is literally swimming in happy clouds. Also known as world F-1.)

Wait... let me give you the website I got these codes from: http://www.trsrockin.com/smb_glitches.html.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 07:58:30 PM by cantthinkofaname »
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2006, 09:56:40 PM »
How many of you did the glitch that, as Regular Mario, you die in the castle (touching both Bowser and his axe at the same time) and move on to the next world?<p>

OO OO me.

nodyarG

• Wishes he was as cool as Luigi
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2007, 11:53:23 AM »
I'm replying about Luigi2024's Vanilla Dome mishap. I found the same glitch, but instead of dying, i was INSIDE THE WALL!!! I got out by jumping numerous times.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2007, 08:50:39 PM »
Here's a glitch I found on the Super Mario All-Stars version of SMB2J: In level 9-2, when Lakitu is throwing Spinys at you underwater, sometimes the Spinys get stuck in the pipes. I've never had this happen on the Famicom rom, just the SNES version.

Also, in SMB1/SMB2J, if you jump straight into a pipe, and hold down B while doing so, Mario/Luigi will "wiggle" as he goes down the pipe.

A couple more:

* One time when I was playing Super Mario Advance 4 vesrion of SMB3, I hit a Starman and an enemy at the same time. This made Mario fall off the screen and die, but he was BLINKING like a Starman.

* In a similar vein, my cousin was playing SMB once (this was about 10 years ago), and I remember him hitting an enemy and a mushroom at the same time. The game made some weird garbled amalgamation of the "get mushroom" sound and the "dying" sound.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 09:28:49 PM by OomPapaMowMow »

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2007, 03:38:33 PM »
Here's something for SMB3: Go into World 7-8 or 7-9 as Raccoon/Tanooki Mario. (I can't remember which one it is; the one with the Munchers and you have to have Star power to get through the level) Don't grab your Star power just yet. Jump up on the first pipe beside the first Muncher, and tail attack him (press B).

The Muncher should turn into a block (the kind of block that ?-boxes turn into after we hit them).

I don't know if this was fixed in Mario All*Stars or SMA4 because I keep forgetting to check.

EDIT: It was not fixed in Mario All*stars.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 09:43:19 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2007, 05:02:19 PM »
Has anyone Else tried my cheat from the latest mailbag?

It wasn't luck. I could execute this glitch at least 4 out of 5 times.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2007, 07:16:24 PM »
Look at this!

Way to post my glitch before I even joined the Fungi Forums...
Well, since there's no need to explain how it's done, here's a video of it in action.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2007, 07:34:42 PM »
Well isn't that odd? I have a feeling Dr. Mario's gonna have to be a chiropractor soon.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

nodyarG

• Wishes he was as cool as Luigi
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2007, 08:15:39 PM »
Now I know that this isn't a Mario game, but I have to post this Metriod Prime Hunters: First Hunt glitch.

In SURVIVAL in TRAINING mode, right when you enter, go either left or right to the place with the wire mesh flooring.  Go to the ramp above the Morph Ball boost and walk up it.  When you get to the top, go left so you fall down into the crack next to the ramp.  If you move around a little...YOU'LL FALL THROUGH THE STAGE AND DIE!!! I found this out accidentally while playing.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2009, 12:16:13 PM »
In SMB DX and SMB on the SMAS+SMW cartridge,if you jump on to the top of a vine and keep holding up,Mario will be "dancing" I am geussing this is a mix of the vine climb and turn sprites flickering!This is most noticeable as bigger Mario.(LOL,you can throw fireballs!)Also in the super mario advance SMB2 or the SMAS+SMW cartridge SMB2,get above a hoopster on a vine and keep holding up!The character will actually float above it!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 12:17:50 PM by Goomba-koopa hybrid »
If Daisy eats peaches,does Peach eat daisys?

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2009, 04:59:16 PM »
You have a picture of it?
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2009, 10:35:49 PM »
That also worked in the Nes version of the game. I used to call it "Doing the Mario" since I discovered it during the same time that I watched the SMBSS.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2009, 08:18:11 PM »
I don't remember it working in SMAS, but it definitely works in the original SMB and SMBDX.  As for the Hoopstar, not sure...
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2009, 04:44:40 PM »
If Daisy eats peaches,does Peach eat daisys?

Steven9wii

• Banned
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2009, 10:18:01 PM »
if you jump-kick repeatedly on a slope in super mario 64, you can climb it
bebé jamaica friend many decide (dont ban this user) i want 8 hrs.us login time

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2009, 07:42:31 PM »
In all three versions of Super Mario Bros 3, there is a glitch in level 1-5. Have fire power, go to the last cave, where the Venus Fire Trap and the upside down piranha plant. Go to the slope, and face left. Jump up and shoot your fireballs, you should see the fireballs go up through the ceiling, and I know it can be done in all three games, SMB3, SMAS and SMA4. But it's easiest to see in the NES version since it's all white. Not a major glitch I know. I found this a LONG, LONG time ago, when the NES was new. and I noticed it was not on the website. So I decided to share my knowledge.

« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2009, 08:01:00 PM »
FFFFFUUU--
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 08:46:25 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2009, 08:40:22 PM »
LEARN TO READ DATES
That was a joke.

« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2009, 09:07:12 PM »
NO U

Anyway, a few years back I discovered what is quite possibly the most efficient 1-Up trick in Super Mario World: Play through Chocolate Island 5 as Cape Mario until you reach a lone Koopa shell sitting before a shallow pool of water. Pick up the shell and drop it directly into the water. Then, carefully move the shell against the pool's left wall by spinning repeatedly near it without kicking it. Once the shell is sandwiched between Cape Mario and the wall, simply mash the "spin" button for MASSIVE DAMAGE, not to mention numerous 1-Ups. One can easily collect over 200 lives per attempt and still complete the level with time to spare with this method.

Confused? here's a rudimentary depiction of the final result.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 09:16:37 PM by Weegee »

« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2009, 11:08:09 PM »
Don't think that works except in SMA2, as cape spins always give you 100 points. Jumping on it over and over would work, though...
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2009, 11:56:07 PM »
Also because you can't get 200 lives on the SNES so yeah I think it's SMA2. Seriously, I had like 800 lives on there, mostly from that one Forest of Illusion level.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2009, 05:36:56 PM »
Indeed, I've only tried the trick in SMA4. In my opinion, it's better than that Forest of Illusion 1 Wiggler trick since it lets the play collect well over 200 lives per attempt while still allowing enough time leftover to comfortably finish the level.

« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2009, 10:38:53 PM »
Start+Back?  It saves the lives you gain without you having to finish the level.  I think the FI1 trick's better, personally.

« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2009, 12:46:15 PM »
In SMW, there is an already discovered glitch in Donut Secret (the Donut level you can get to which is in Valley of Bowser). You grab a yellow koopa and fly onto the pipe near the goal and kick it out and it goes glitchy.

IN SMA2, the shell disapears when you try to kick it! Not a complete glitch fix, but it was the best they could do.
White Elephant

« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2009, 03:50:14 PM »
Another glitch I've discovered is in the GBA remake of Yoshi's Island.

In 3-1, there is a bouncer which you can reach by swimming underneath this piece of land and if you jump on the bouncer and lean Yoshi to the left and then quickly move him into the 'pipe' entrance whilst he is still offscreen (he should be hidden behind the trees).

If you did this glitch right, Yoshi will be in a purple void and the music will go berserk and the game will then freeze!
White Elephant

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2009, 07:21:54 PM »
I found a problem in BIS a couple of weeks ago.  Shortly after getting the dig ability you come to an area in Bowser where you can dig three times.  I dug all there times, but Toad came in on the third dig making it impossible to get out even after his conversation.  I could give more details, but I'm tired ... nevermind.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print