Print

Author Topic: Proof that female Yoshies exist  (Read 9289 times)

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2001, 04:06:21 PM »
Well Yoshi finally came back that night with red lipstick lip marks all over his face. Hmmm I just couldn't bring myself to ask what he had been doing all night.

It''s a me Marionut#1

Edited by - marionut#1 on 5/13/2001 3:08:49 PM
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2001, 09:45:46 PM »
Looks like everybody has an active imagination.

Anyway, a little off topic here, but it looks like something's going on between Yoshi and Birdo in Mario Tennis. First, they are both teammates (and we know that Birdo is obviously female). Second, just look at those two on the title screen. Looks a little suspicious to me.

We know that this romance thing has been hinted at in the past (like Mario and Princess, which at this rate will never become true romance), but it really looks like Yoshi should be getting some sort of girlfriend real soon.

Probably the only reason Nintendo hasn't gone to that length is because there doesn't seem to be any way it could fit into any game. But there's always a possibility.

Huh, how about that. This topic has become popular. Guess I found a good topic to start out with.

It''s hard to save the world when you''re a penguin in wizard clothing.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2001, 12:43:15 PM »
It should probably be noted that Birdo (or Catherine as she is sometimes known) was not originally female.  The instruction manual for Super Mario Bros. 2 states that Birdo is a boy who likes to think he's a girl.  Her next appearance was in Wario's Woods for the NES, where her name was Catherine.  After that, she was Birdo again in Super Mario RPG, and they referred to hear as female.  Maybe everyone forgot she used to be a boy, or maybe Nintendo just decided the whole gender-bending thing was inappropriate.  Or, hey--maybe Yoshi swings that way.
Thank you for saving us but our princess is in another castle!

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2001, 03:13:13 PM »
Yeah, the gender-bending thing sounds a little complex to make it into any of Nintendo's games, since they usually don't plan out life stories for their enemies and bosses (as for main characters and heroes, just look at Mario: no effort for a life story).

But then again, how could Birdo have been male in SMB2? That wouldn't explain how she's able to shoot eggs from her "proboscis" (in other words, her big beak of a nose). Then again, Japan is known for releasing the weirdest things, like Pokemon and the roots of Hyakugojyuuichi (it won #1 in some Ultimate Time Waster contest, and is #1 on my list for Stupidest Use Of Media), so that's entirely possible.

And think about it. Both Yoshi and Birdo are dinosaurs (or at least they look similar). I also heard somewhere where in tennis matches, doubles teams always consist of one male and one female for each side. Of course, since Nintendo has been neglecting female characters lately (save for the Zelda series), they had to break that rule with Mario Tennis. Oh, but they found room to make Birdo partners with Yoshi, huh?

I even heard a little article on this in a Nintendo magazine, where when it came to trying to pick female teammates for Wario and Waluigi, which never happened, one of the guys joked, "We don't want to see their girlfriends." But of course Birdo and Yoshi became partners.

You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2001, 03:58:08 PM »
Okay, I don't remember the details and I won't exactly sound like David Attenborough here but I read this thing about this kind of, like, geckos that are all part male and part female.  Some are more male than female, and some are more female than male.

I was just thinking maybe Yoshis are like that.  I mean, Yoshi (THE Yoshi) is supposed to be a guy but he lays eggs.

Nintendo has probably never thought of this 'cause the fans are more concerned with that sort of arcana (like what Yoshi is and where the Koopa Kids came from and why Princess Toadstool isn't a mushroom person) than the people responsible for the games and shows.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2001, 05:57:56 PM »
Yoshies seem like frogs.Long tongues,high jumps,lay eggs and have a extremely short tail.

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2001, 06:14:58 PM »
This again asks the question of just what Yoshi is. I think it's now safe to assume that Yoshi is a cross between a dinosaur and a frog, since he has the appearance of a dinosaur and features of a frog.

As for why Princess isn't a mushroom person, it's pretty easy to see why. In the first SMB, don't you think it would be weird for Mario to be rescuing a mushroom?
Of course, it had to be a Princess. And since "damsels" (and heroes) tend to come from strange places, this kind of thing happens often. So there is no reason why Princess should be a mushroom person.

You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2001, 07:47:36 PM »
I listed those things because they're the subjects of much debate among "Mario" fans.

NESters like us will fill in the holes the creators left but no answer is really true until it shows up in an actual release, and 90% of the time the people at Nintendo hadn't thought about it.  They're concerned with making games, not a comprehensive and consistent universe.

Yoshi resembles a dinosaur and frog and gecko but really isn't any.  The Yoshis live in a paralell universe isolated from our own and are thus of a completely separate genetic lineage from any life on Earth.  Any resemblance to animals living in our world is simple convergent evolution.  : )

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2001, 09:58:16 PM »
You said it, Mega 2.

Now if I could understand what you said...

(it's a joke)

You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2001, 02:56:53 PM »
I suggest you to look up to:

http://www.smbhq.com/rant61.htm

All you want to know about Yoshi

Only someone will remain as the true Nintendo mascot.  That someone is Mario.  Go, Mario, Go!
Agustín, The Sage Of Fungus.

''Nuff Said.

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2001, 11:14:05 AM »
I asked Yoshi about the whole Birdo thing in Mario Tennis and he grabed me with his tongue and hurled me in the air until I got air sick.

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2001, 03:23:12 PM »
You've really got to stop bothering Yoshi, Marionut ;)

To be a Koopa, you must become a Koopa.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2001, 06:57:16 PM »
I feel that yoshies are of both ***s the reason is a simple one, Hermaphrodites can't breed with themselves it is not possible, but also if you look at it reptiles are mostly A-***ual, ie godzilla. But for the only real answer ask nintendo
 When 8 bit was lame it became My Game, Fox Zerro the swift brown fox still riding the lazy dog

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2001, 06:52:52 AM »
oh ya did i forget to include an important piece of info about me? Some time in March I happened to stumble upon a warp pipe in my back yard. Of course I thought it was a joke by a friend of mine i went along with it and jumped in. Hours latter I came to with a bunch of yoshies of every color from Yoshi's Story and Purple. Well I was taken in as a guest and since have learned ALOT of the Yoshi language,their habitate,etc,etc But while I'm stuck here( the warp pipe disappeared back into the ground as soon as i emerged so the Yoshies say) I might as well benifit from it (as a Mario fan should).
The yoshies gave me this lap top computer I'm typing this on. You guys sure don't know what your missing out on. The heart fruit tastes GREAT!!!! And the Super Happy Tree seems to make everybody happy.

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2001, 05:04:17 PM »
Well... both gender yoshi(s) do exist... So you want proof huh? Well... In the game Paper Mario, lethal lava island there are kid yoshi(s) so there must be a female yoshi!

¿\\-MARK-//?
¿\\-MARK-//?

Print