Print

Author Topic: Who remembers Stanley the Bugman?  (Read 4271 times)

« on: June 21, 2000, 11:03:02 PM »
Does anyone actually remember Stanley?  He was the insect exterminator who took over Mario's hero role in Donkey Kong 3.  The hole game was a departure from previous Donkey Kongs and honestly wasn't much fun.  Still, i think Stanley never really got a chance to build a game empire... Sigh... I know there's not much of a point to this post, but I just wanted to rant about how sucky it is to be a video game underdog...
Thank you for saving us but our princess is in another castle!

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2000, 06:13:39 AM »
Donkey Kong 3 I always liked that game for NES.  But Stanley didn't have much of a chance andDK3 for Colecovision was planned but never released so you know that it must of not have done well.  I also heard of a planned Donkey Kong 4 which was gonna be similar to the original.  It was for NES but cancelled.

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2000, 08:14:31 AM »
Do you guys know where I can find a Donkey Kong 3 ROM? Thanks for your help. BTW, I have never even heard of Stanly...Or Donkey Kong 3!

Doomba, King of the Goombas
Doomba, King of the Goombas

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2000, 10:42:57 AM »
He only appears on atarui and nintwendo and stuff. as for roms I don't know

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2000, 06:18:23 PM »
According to the Mario Universe storyline, Stanley was Mario`s cousin.

*Looks inside of a candy bar wraper. Reads:* You have just won a Sony Plays.... Oh it`s crap!!
*Looks inside of a candy bar wraper. Reads:* You have just won a Sony Plays.... Oh it`s crap!!

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2000, 07:01:35 PM »
Hey, Yoster B.  What exactly is the "Mario Universe storyline"?
Thank you for saving us but our princess is in another castle!

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2000, 07:48:36 PM »
Doomba, Try www.vimm.net It has the Donkey Kong 3 Rom.( And a whole lot of other Mario Roms, along with various others.)

By the power of the Orange....

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2000, 07:49:02 PM »
Doomba, Try www.vimm.net It has the Donkey Kong 3 Rom.( And a whole lot of other Mario Roms, along with various others.)

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2000, 12:24:44 PM »
Hey Biggest Boo- The Mario Univese stroyline is how all the games link together. I heard it used before somewhere, so I thought it was appropriate.

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2000, 08:17:14 AM »
Who were we talking about again.

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2000, 03:23:33 PM »
This site doesn't have any information on "Donkey Kong 3."  I can't even find a screen shot.  What gives?
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2000, 03:59:44 PM »
Go  to this site and choose arcade for some info and pics on stanley.

http://www.zeldagames.com/dkmegasite/frames.html

Print