Print

Author Topic: Super Paper Mario Max Stats (May contain spoilers)  (Read 74165 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2008, 08:49:21 AM »
Sorry for these bumps. I don't want this thread to die out (yet).
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2008, 03:41:01 PM »
How did you do max stats? Can you do that in the original Paper Mario (for N64)? Can you do max stats in Super Mario RPG?
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2008, 03:47:41 PM »
Paper Mario has a binding limit on all stats: 50 HP, 50 FP, and 30 BP (not including effects of HP Plus and FP Plus badges). There has to be a limit to TTYD's stats, but I've never hit any of them before. Super Mario RPG stops you leveling up at level 30.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2008, 03:54:43 PM »
Paper Mario has a binding limit on all stats: 50 HP, 50 FP, and 30 BP (not including effects of HP Plus and FP Plus badges). There has to be a limit to TTYD's stats, but I've never hit any of them before. Super Mario RPG stops you leveling up at level 30.

I have gotten 50 HP and FP in Paper Mario (N64), but I always wondered if you could go any higher. Thanks for the answer.

And SMRPG has much better boss fights than Paper Mario. The bosses actually have more HP than the ones in Paper Mario (which is more of a beginners RPG).
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2008, 04:04:42 PM »
Did you ever notice how you do more damage in SMRPG, as well?

I'm not saying Paper Mario is as good as SMRPG, because it isn't, but you get my point.
That was a joke.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2008, 07:41:46 PM »
How did you do max stats? Can you do that in the original Paper Mario (for N64)? Can you do max stats in Super Mario RPG?

No, unfortunately not. There are only 2 Mario RPGs that you can get max stats in by alternate means: Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga and Super Paper Mario.

In Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, you must collect beans that you then blend together to create drinks at the Starbeans Cafe. Each blend increases a certain amount in a certain stat, but I personally used Teeheespressos, which increase a random stat by 6. By using many of these, you can result in obtaining 999 or more (max 1004 by using a Teeheespresso at 998 in a stat. It changes if you equip something.) in every stat for both Mario and Luigi. Unfortunately, this is very time consuming.

In Super Paper Mario, you must buy HP Plus or Power Plus items (formerly badges). An HP Plus item permanently increases your HP by 5, and a Power Plus item permanently increases your attack by 1. Both of these cost 2,500 Flipside Tokens each at the Flipside Arcade. Flipside Tokens can be obtained by playing games at the Flipside Arcade or buying them with coins. If you choose to buy them with coins (which is faster), you can choose to buy 1 token for 3 coins, 5 tokens for 15 coins, 10 tokens for 30 coins, or 50 tokens for 150 coins. By buying and using many of these items, you can result in obtaining 999 HP and 99 (Mario, Peach, Luigi)/198 (Bowser) attack. Similar to Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, this is also very time consuming, except it's much more time consuming.

There has to be a limit to TTYD's stats, but I've never hit any of them before.

The limit is 200 HP, 200 FP, and 99 BP.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 07:46:28 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2008, 10:27:10 AM »
Does anyone know any simple, easy, and not so expensive equipment I can use to directly take pictures from my Wii? If so, where would I find this equipment, and how good is it exactly?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2008, 01:23:05 PM »
Well, I know you can record things on your TV by recording with a VHS and/or DVD, but as for screen stills...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2008, 10:27:08 PM »
You need a video capture device.
That was a joke.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2008, 11:07:55 AM »
Okay, cool. Are there any specific video capture devices that you recommend?

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2008, 07:55:32 AM »
I don't recommend any specific one. Also, you can buy a video-in cable for a camera and plug it into your Wii input. If you don't have a camera with video-in, I suggest looking one up and buying it.
Hacky, please stop teaming with the computers.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2008, 06:08:41 PM »
In the hell is that loud tapping noise in the background of your video?!?!??!?
Formerly quite reasonable.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2008, 08:50:29 PM »
In the hell is that loud tapping noise in the background of your video?!?!??!?

I'm sorry; that was someone typing on a keyboard in the backround.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2008, 10:27:23 PM »
Nah, it's cool, I'm just messin with you.

But gah dang that is loud.... I was trying to find a consistency with it like.... is it the video.... is it like...the friggin' camera trippin out omg.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2008, 10:55:13 AM »
Good Lord... I tried to begin the max stats yesterday evening.... and I got to the 26th amazy dayzee and thought OMG what am I doing. I had just enough to get one Power Plus and I was like THATS IT... I'm doing the Chapter 1-1 point cheat thingy.

Print