Print

Author Topic: Why don't any of you people have Jazz Jackrabbit?  (Read 2390 times)

« on: April 03, 2010, 12:34:19 PM »
Seriously why?

It's free to download the demo and like $24 to $85 to get the full version off eBay (or you can snag it through other means. It's not that big). You can play it with a DOS emulator on your computer. It's fun. It's fast. It has a Rambo-style rabbit shooting everything in sight. It's got 45 levels max. The music is flat-out awesome. There's no waggle because you're using a keyboard. It has a button dedicated to switching your weapon so you can shoot flamethrower and missiles and grenades and dynamite. It could be the nostalgic DOS game you've all been whining for and yet

none of you have it.

The second best DOS game of 1994. Second to Wacky Wheels.

Go download it. And the sequel. And tell Cliff Bleszinski to release Jazz Jackrabbit 2: The Secret Files in America, then tell him to un-cancel Jazz Jackrabbit 3 and get back to work on it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 12:45:06 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 08:25:59 PM »
The shareware version of Jazz Jackrabbit was one of many DOS games I grew up playing. Fun stuff. And definitely way better than Wacky Wheels, another game I grew up on but realized how bad it really is. (Also, sorry, but Blake Stone: Planet Strike, Hocus Pocus, and most importantly Rise of the Triad all came out in 1994 and are better than Jazz Jackrabbit - and that's just Apogee stuff.)

Anyway, I own Jazz Jackrabbit 2 on CD, though it doesn't have the original game with it (it was packed in with the game when it came out, but I think it was included on a separate disc, and I found the disc for just the second game at a thrift store). I also have an ISO of the CD version of the original somewhere on here, and would definitely pick up the game if I found it for cheap (or if I could buy it on GOG).

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 10:26:52 PM »
I do have it.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 11:00:45 AM »
The sequel was better. Maybe I'm biased because I played that one first, but I just couldn't get into Jazz 1. The controls felt loose and slippery and I kept running into enemies (which, if I remember correctly, had to do with the view being zoomed in too close as opposed to Jazz 2). Also, Spaz is awesome, although a little over-powered.

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 01:04:56 AM »
Not only did I have Jazz Jackrabbit before some of the people who post here were even born, I also ordered the shirt from Epic's catalog. I still have that shirt, but it's tiny.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 09:26:44 AM »
Wow, for the first time in a while I'm actually jealous of someone on the internet. [darn]. That's a lame feeling.
every

Print