Print

Author Topic: The Silly Mario Fan Theories Thread  (Read 188963 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2011, 09:42:27 PM »
Remember how Rowf was the only Doogan in PM1? The sprites were so blurry I thought his little black nose was a pair of nostrils, leading me to believe he was some sort of Koopa variant.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2011, 09:56:03 PM »
I can't put my finger on it, but something just makes the PM3D Koopas look extra-Dooganish to me. Slightly less pointy beaks? Slightly more flesh around the eyes? Slightly shorter eyes? Slightly different mouth?

Iunno.

Yeah, Doogans, Koopas, and Yoshis all have pretty similar facial structures.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 11:28:48 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2011, 02:39:56 PM »
I have a new little baby theory that popped up in my head two days ago.

Each Mario series is set in a different universe.

Paper Marios
3D Mario titles.
Mario and Luigis
SMRPG
...and so on.

However, they all stem from the three original Super Mario Bros. This would explain the different world maps in each game.

I don't know, just wanted to post this.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2011, 06:36:05 PM »
So you're saying the Paper Mario series, the Mario & Luigi series, the 3D Mario games and SMRPG are all alternate sequels to the SMB series?

Huh. Kinda reminds me of Godzilla 2000 and all the Godzilla movies made after it. I like it.

« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2011, 08:40:14 AM »
Hell, each individual game seems to take place in it's own continuity.  The Mushroom Kingdom, like Hyrule, has never really had a consistent design. 
Haters gonna hate

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2011, 02:21:25 AM »
The Secret Aquarium Is Another Inescapable Death Trap

Designed by the princess herself. Seriously. It's a huge tank of water with no way out other than to collect red coins. And swimming without wasting your energy doing it is tough stuff man!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2011, 10:14:21 PM »
Speaking of which, how does collecting the Star release him from the aquarium?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2011, 10:31:43 PM »
Magic.
How do you think most stuff in the Mushroom World works?

« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2011, 12:34:32 AM »
Ok. Skimming the first post again, and..

Ratooeys are a near-extinct species.
We've seen a grand total of two of them.

Remind me what a Ratooey is
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2011, 01:10:29 AM »
This guy:

..and this guy:

They're literally the only two in the entire Mario series. Surprised their species was even given a name at all.

« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2011, 12:06:37 AM »
Oh yeah! Them. I think they are related to the Muku-Muku's from Mario RPG. They even have a similar design, though you never see the Muku's feet.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2011, 12:43:06 AM »
Besides having the same design, there's nothing to indicate they're related. This is like all those people who think Katsini is related to Tatanga or me thinking Wart is Prince Froggy.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2011, 03:24:08 PM »
I just recently 100%'d New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and just today started making minor edits to some of the levels, just to give it a liiiiittle bit of tightening. So while it's what's in front of me,

Why can't Yoshi go with Mario after they finish a level together, when he could in Super Mario World?
The goals in NSMBW are followed by castles, unlike the ones in SMW.

Why can't Yoshi enter castles in Super Mario World/NSMBW when he could in Yoshi's Island?
Yoshi dated a castle sometime while Mario was growing up, and it didn't work out, and he's still bitter.

Where were the Koopalings between Super Mario World and NSMBW?
Training with Kamek to become proper Magikoopas. It's not said where their wands came from in NSMBW, so they probably weren't stolen. And NSMBW happens to be the first game where the seven original enfantes terrible show up alongside Grandpa. As for why they didn't use magic in Superstar Saga... your call
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2011, 10:19:51 PM »
Why can't Yoshi enter[\i] castles in Super Mario World/NSMBW when he could in Yoshi's Island?
Yoshi dated a castle sometime while Mario was growing up, and it didn't work out, and he's still bitter.
0_0

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2011, 12:49:28 AM »
^ How insightful.

Why can't Yoshi enter castles in Super Mario World/NSMBW when he could in Yoshi's Island?

Where were the Koopalings between Super Mario World and NSMBW?
Training with Kamek to become proper Magikoopas. It's not said where their wands came from in NSMBW, so they probably weren't stolen. And NSMBW happens to be the first game where the seven original enfantes terrible show up alongside Grandpa. As for why they didn't use magic in Superstar Saga... your call

1) I know you're playing this for laughs, but there's actually a given reason: The Yoshi in YI is not the same Yoshi we see hanging around Mario in the present day. Much as I detest YIDS, the ending made this readily apparent.

2) The Koopalings appared in Yoshi's Safar and Superstar Saga between SMW and NSMBWii, so my guess is that Bowser still used them for evil schemes. Just not the ones we got to see. Either that or he preferred to keep them hanging around the castle. Or maybe they were still guarding various castles around the Mushroom Kingdom, but we didn't get to see those since SM64 and SMS only took place in Peach's Castle and on Isle Delfino, respectively.

Better question: Why didn't Bowser Jr. ever appear before SMS anyway?

Print