Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Bros. U  (Read 41962 times)

« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2012, 01:11:09 AM »
I hate the cartoony graphics, but I'm really excited about the opportunity to play with Miis. If you design your Mii to look like yourself, it's like putting yourself in the game, which is really really cool.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2012, 10:40:44 AM »
Did frostbite just post? O_O

« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2012, 12:49:37 AM »
How does anyone remember me? I haven't regularly posted here since January 2004. I sure don't remember any of you!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2012, 06:07:19 AM »
It's sad that you are twenty-five years old and your memory is that bad.  Otherwise I'd be hurt that you don't remember me. 

:P

Newegg: $12 off videogame pre-orders $49.99 and up (includes Wii U titles)
Promo: EMCJNNH224
Expires: October 4, 2012
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2012, 10:35:49 AM »
your name is vaguely familiar, but not the content attached to it.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2012, 11:15:48 AM »
I'm having a flash back:

http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=5909.msg338630#msg338630

http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=3687.msg298259#msg298259

I pre-ordered NSMBU from Newegg with the 12% off noted above.  I don't have a Deluxe Wii U pre-order so if anyone know when I can online or in Northern VA please let me know. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2012, 11:21:03 AM »
Wait, is it 12% or $12?
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2012, 12:03:23 PM »
$12 off, if it's like the other Newegg deals. I have Ragnarok Odyssey, Code of Princess, and Persona 4 Golden preordered from them for $30 each (normally $40 each).

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2012, 12:44:39 PM »
Wait, is it 12% or $12?
Oh, sorry.  I meant $12 off.  I haven't had much sleep lately and am a little stressed out because of my wife having this: 
Partial L4, Complete L5 Laminectomy, Bilateral L5 Foraminotomies, Left L5-S1 Discectomy

« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2012, 07:56:39 PM »
It really amazes me how this one is about twenty times more interesting than NSMB2.
Relics.

« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2012, 09:26:36 PM »
According to this, the UK magazine GamesMaster is the first publication to have released a review of the game. The abdriged impressions are:

- May look the same, but there are some “incredible tweaks”
- GamesMaster feels it’s easier than NSMB Wii
- Took under seven hours to complete
- More to the game outside of the main campaign
- Most of the innovation is saved for the final levels
- “Without wishing to spoil anything, we were surprised, excited, and twinkly-eyed during an excellent finale. It’s almost as if Nintendo suddenly realised that they were in fact working with a Wii U, with a game-changing GamePad and everything.”
- Hopes Nintendo will “build on this solid, if not mind-blowing, foundation.”

Makes me curious about what happens in the finale. Hope it's not just Bowser becoming giant again.

« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2012, 10:34:19 PM »
Kamek shrinks Mario, making Bowser seem gigantic in comparison.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2012, 11:12:57 PM »
Don't know if anyone's seen this yet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4J7j5g1TAc

A lot of interesting new features here; seems like they've taken a cue from the latest Kirby games in the challenge modes.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2012, 12:06:26 PM »
I'm not sure why Nintendo hasn't just rebuilt the sidescroller Marios from the ground up. GamesMaster saying it feels easier than NSMB Wii (an already easy game) with any hint of challenge or unique elements being saved until the probably the final "hard" world.... come on.

I wonder when they're gonna update the character models from the shiny, play-doh-esque NSMB Wii models. Remember the original Brawl trailer where the Melee models run in and transform into their badass Brawl counterparts? NSMB U's recycling of the models is like them leaving Mario's Melee character model in Brawl.
Formerly quite reasonable.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2012, 12:45:09 PM »
That still sounds better than Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and its recycled sprites, the closest real example I can think of for such a thing happening.

Print