Print

Author Topic: Mario Golf  (Read 2278 times)

« on: August 15, 2001, 06:44:18 PM »
In real life I play golf.Then I heard of Mario Golf so I bought it.

All Yoshis bow to me.
All Yoshis bow to me.

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2001, 07:52:40 PM »
At the time, i didnt have a N64.  When i got one, it didnt appeal to me.  I ddint like it cause of the non-mario characters that dominated the game.

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2001, 08:23:09 PM »
I enjoyed it. Got bored of it. Now I'm enjoying it again. But the non-human characters aren't much to my likeing.

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon
I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2001, 10:32:01 PM »
Mario Golf is fun, but it has a couple major flaws...

1) Too many non-Mario characters.  That's my biggest complaint

2) The "Get character mode" totally negates the early characters.  When playing a friend who has chosen Mario, you're not gonna choose Luigi 'cause his drive is far shorter than Mario's.  This bugged me.

Mario Tennis improved on both of these.  The non-Mario characters were put into the GBC version and the 16 different characters were all "playable."  If someone wants to be Mario, I can choose anyone I want and still have a chance (and don't go and say that Paratroopa and Boo are unbeatable, 'cause they're not).

Mario Golf is the one Mario game I don't own for N64, but I still think it was a good game.

--

I''ve decided to add a signature.  Now...what should I type?  Hmm...
--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2001, 06:15:52 AM »
Mario golf,I like,but lots of non-mario charaters. Yuch!

mwahahaha(cough!)haha!

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2001, 08:29:49 AM »
I didn't really like the non-Mario characters either. Leave Charlie for some other guy...

As for Luigi not having a chance to beat Mario, that's true for the most part except for a few things. Shorter drives mean more control over where you hit the ball. Shorter drives mean less of an effect on draws and fades. And if the person playing Mario isn't able to control the ball well or anything, then that's your advantage.

(more unrelated Mario Golf stuff below)

Just like with Mario Golf for GBC, it says that you're best off with an average drive, control, and Straight shot. If you want to get the ball into the hole, work on getting your control stat up. If you just care about driving the ball as far as it will go, bring up your drive. And if you don't want your ball flying 50 miles away when you hit the ball, fix your draw or fade (also known as hook or slice i guess).

I made the mistake of not going for control when making my character for Mario Golf GBC. I got a 272y drive (thanks to that long drive club), but control was terrible and my draw was almost diagonal, it being so bad.

Anyway, whenever I'm not using Mario or Metal Mario (That's right, I don't use Bowser much), my favorite character is Yoshi. A straight drive, fair amount of distance, and good control. Maple has a straight drive and can hit the ball further, but I don't choose her because I don't like the way she looks (or dances around for that matter).
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2001, 10:16:40 AM »
And what's the deal with Harry from Mario Tennis? He must a lot of money on gel to get his hair to stay like that. And even though Harry pretends he's strong, he's actually a weakling. If you actually beat a cup in Singles with Harry (requires extensive saving) as he goes to lift up the trophy, he can't. He's struggling to lift it, but he can't because he's weaker than baby Mario.

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

Print