Print

Author Topic: Re: TEEN?!?!?!  (Read 2341 times)

« on: August 24, 2001, 05:38:43 AM »
What the...Oh my gosh!
--------------------------------
Anyone remember me?Roy Koopa''s brother?Theory-Guy?You know,don''t you?Ah,screw it.

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2001, 06:30:25 AM »
That has to be a joke! I'm not gonna beleive it until it comes out! But it doesn't matter too much casue i'm still getting it.

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon
I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2001, 08:47:27 AM »
Hmm...Dosen't come as a surprise really. The Graphics are much better, so the violence that was already there is just being magnified to a higher level (In the eyes of the ESRB). I suppose this will work pretty well. It will make the people that believe Nintendo is too kiddy try the game because it has a T rating (although it probably won't feel all THAT Serious)and serve as a mini eye opener to the public and other game companies. Even if the game still feels "E"ish, you can still admire their guts to make it the point of T. I can see alot of parents being weary about about the idea of it, but perhaps the idea of Mario and Yoshi being in there will ease them up a tad ("Mario hasn't gone down the path of Conker!"). Those are my current comments.

Kweeh! Forget Whark! Kweeh! Is better!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2001, 11:18:28 AM »
another unexpected rating: they gave harvest moon 64 an E for "alcoholic comsumption"

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2001, 05:19:04 PM »
There was another game, I remember, where something similar happened (a sequel to a E rated game was rated M), and I'm not talking about CBFD. I can't quite place it, though...

| /
|/
|\ amek2K
| \   -"Who wants lottery tickets!?"
| /
|/
|\ amek2K
| \   -"Who wants lottery tickets!?"

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2001, 08:54:12 PM »
Ec,rating means eat and chop ERSB.E means just plain eat ERSB.T means terminate ERSB.M means murder ERSB.and Ao mines absoulutly obliterate ERSB.And the old rating,k-a means kill and abduct ERSB.You with me.I hate ERSB.Even though my parents don't care so I'm fine but blockbuster and now recently funcoland(my fav,except when it comes to selling your used games)makes you have a 17 or older person with you to rent or buy a M rated game.Well,I for one am happy about the T rating.You go Nintendo.

One by one the penguins steal my sanity.

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2001, 11:58:44 PM »
The T rating came as a complete surprise to me too, considering the original Smash Bros. is no more comic mischief related than it is, and managed to get E. But now that I think of it, the T rating should help somewhat.

May Bowser fry those that turn away from this game...
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2001, 10:38:53 AM »
Maybe the "T" rating is due to the nearly realistic fighting of some characters, including Zelda.  Either that, or it's because of Peach's cute legs (see the movie).

After all that Zelda-Shiek madness, I am beginning to think Peach is by far the coolest Princess around.
Agustín, The Sage Of Fungus.

''Nuff Said.

Print