Print

Author Topic: Toad vs Kamek  (Read 2479 times)

« on: September 09, 2001, 05:10:26 PM »
Since there has been alot of "vs" topics, i thought of one myself.  A good fight would be between the two characters who dont normally do the fighting.  The two henchmen, if i may, of the goodies and baddies.

Who would win out of Toad and Kamek?
Its up to you to decide!  Make logical explanations!

--
"True Dat!"
Mæriô from da Ghetto©
--
"True Dat!"
Mæriô from da Ghetto©

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2001, 05:17:38 PM »
Considering Kamek is the best in his field (magic) and Toad has little to compete against that, even with his jumping/throwing skill,I'd say Kamek would win if you went by pure logic. Even with Toad's veg. throwing, Kamek is pretty fast on that broom of his,so it's be fairly hard for him to land a hit.

That's my opinion, at least...but it allways depends on the circumstances.

Edited by - Winx on 9/9/2001 4:23:10 PM

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2001, 09:47:08 PM »
True, but who said Toad was limited to vegetables? Kamek's the master of magic but Toad is the master of items.

I believe that it's a pretty even match and it's just a case of who will run out of what first. For example: Toad can use Starmans and Kamek could do the same with magic or just evade him and vice-versa.

In other words, things will just get down right ugly until they're both out of magic and power-ups. Then finally once that happens, (years later) Toad will just beat up Kamek using senseless violence and brute strength.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2001, 02:53:11 PM »
I"m going with Toad here:

-He's quick
-he can throw things pretty far
-He has great knowlege with items and will know how to use them
-He can use the power stars to "power up"

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon
I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2001, 03:56:49 PM »
Toad has some good strengths, but does he have enough experience?  Okay, so he appeared in SMB2, but since then hes been behind the scenes(except in the party games and sports)

Kamek has alot of cool stuff too.  Magic could be Toads weakness is this battle.  It actually depends on alot of factors.  Say they battle in Bowers Castle on block floors, Kamek could shoot that ttriangle thing and turn the floor to a koopa, Toad would fall in.   But, the match has alot of potential, heck both of these guys do.

--
"True Dat!"
Mæriô from da Ghetto©
--
"True Dat!"
Mæriô from da Ghetto©

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2001, 06:19:24 PM »
Kamek is about 55 years old, so he's kind of wraggled. (Is that even a word?)

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2001, 03:03:07 PM »
In my Toad's Adventure game, Toad will face off against a character somewhat unoriginally named Malek, who is supposed to be Kamek's grandson, and the newest chief magikoopa advisor to Bowser since Kammy's dismal failure in Paper Mario :)  He's pretty much the same kind of character. He idolizes his grandfather, and thinks Kammy is "one broom short of a closet."

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2001, 03:08:24 AM »
Kamek is 55?
Even so, turtles can live for more than 200 years, so that's considered young among turtles. Look at Bowser - he's been stomped, fried, pummelled and shot and yet he still fights, looking as good as new (although the dimensions [number and size] have varied somewhat). He's one durable turtle!

Kamek can also fly, which give him the advantage of being able to evade anything thrown at him.

Edited by - Mauser on 9/22/2001 2:09:23 AM
 ~Just another pisanno.

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2001, 12:23:45 PM »
Yes, but if you put it that way, Bowser seems to be some sort of Galapagos Tortoise, who don't reach adulthood until 40, and they're about 5 when they're the size that bowser is in SMW2, so that means bowser would just be turning into an adult now, so how would the koopa kids have been born if bowser was still a child? the ages of reptiles in our world don't match up with the ages of mushroom land's.

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

Print