Print

Author Topic: Give Toad his own series!!!  (Read 3308 times)

« on: September 02, 2001, 05:01:58 PM »
Admit it, we all love Toad. Wario's Woods and SMB 2 just isn't enough for someone as cool and helpful as Toad. He's always around when Mario needs him. The poor guy honestly deserves his own series after Nintendo giving him all those crappy roles. Come on, in SMB 1 all he did was say "Thank you but our princess is in another castle." and in SMB 3 all he did was host mini-games and run a item shop. But what really ticks me off is in Mario 64 where the poor thing was stuck in a wall the whole game. I'm sick of Nintendo never making him playable. Who else out there agrees with me?

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2001, 05:18:56 PM »
I agree. I always wished that he was playable in Mario Party.

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2001, 08:47:49 PM »
I wish Toad was playable in all games especially Super Smash Bros.

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2001, 02:25:15 AM »
Actually Toad has been a playable character in all of the Mario Kart games to date...

~Just another pisanno.
 ~Just another pisanno.

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2001, 09:37:59 AM »
AND Mario Tennis, AND Mario Golf.....
I must admit, Toad is cool.  But he dosent deserve his own series.  He should be playable in more games though.  Whta Nintendo needs to make is another RPG like SMRPG.  Where Toad and alot of others Mario characters are playable.

--
"True Dat!"
Mæriô from da Ghetto©
--
"True Dat!"
Mæriô from da Ghetto©

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2001, 03:43:21 PM »
I think he does deverve it! Super Toad Seris!!!*ahem* He is pretty strong when u think about it. Hopefully oin MP4 he'll be playable!

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon
I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2001, 03:58:22 PM »
Hey, Toad is in Luigi's Mansion!  Check it out!

http://cube.ign.com/news/37944.html

:D

--

I''ve decided to add a signature.  Now...what should I type?  Hmm...
--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2001, 05:17:39 PM »
Yeah.  I thought the same thing myself a while back, so I looked for one... and I found one!  It's called Toad's Adventures.  Does anyone know how to speak French?

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2001, 05:52:57 PM »
I only know the phrase, "You are fat and stupid"

And Toad doesn't have a big part in LM, he's just a save point.

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2001, 08:36:24 PM »
I don't know French but what does that matter. Send me a link to it or tell me where I can find this game.

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2001, 01:08:30 PM »
Well... it might be nice to have a game with Toad in the lead part, but a whole series is a bit much,IMO.

~Another note from Winx, the crocodilian genie of the snack machine in the lobby.

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2001, 02:59:03 PM »
Actually I'm still working on a side-scroller for Windows that I'm calling Toad's Adventure: The Return of Wart, but progress has been minimal since I started college again this year -- I have it loading the data files it needs but that's it. Ground-up project in Visual C++ using SDL. Its a private project, so there will never be any official announcements, releases, or websites for it. Its mostly for my education and enjoyment, but I will find some way to distribute it to fans who want to try it out whenever it might get finished.  Right now my DOOM source project and TC are taking up most of my free time, since its been going for four years and needs to get over with already :->

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2001, 03:25:45 PM »
Oops.  I lied.  The game is actually called Toad's Story.  It is obviously made with Games Factory, and it's not very good.  Still, it's kind of cool.

http://www.multimania.com/simtgf/toad%20story/index.htm

@ Quaser:  You rock.  I've always dreamed of making a game with C++.  I had the energy and time to do it, but not the instruction.  I spent countless hours reading books and searching for sites.  Maybe my luck will come in next year when I take a class on it at school.  Anyways, I just wanted to tell you that you rock.  Got any tips?

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2001, 10:25:51 PM »
i guess it would be nice but I really doubt it would work out it would probaly only sell like five copys

"I''ll never look back, I''''ve got no regrets. ''Cause time doesn''''t wait for me...I choose to go my own way." - Sonic the Hedgehog
"I''ll never look back, I''''ve got no regrets. ''Cause time doesn''''t wait for me...I choose to go my own way." - Sonic the Hedgehog

Print