Print

Author Topic: YYYES! Mario Cartoon in the near future?  (Read 7149 times)

« on: October 10, 2001, 08:17:37 PM »
Ok, so Nintendojo doesn't have a source for this, but this is an excerpt (ok, three paragraphs) from some recent thing on Nintendojo:

4Kids Entertainment, Inc. today announced that it signed a long-term agreement expiring December 31, 2005 with Nintendo of America Inc. to serve as the exclusive merchandise licensing agent for Nintendo game systems (Nintendo GameCube, Game Boy Advance), Nintendo Classic characters (Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong etc.) and certain new Nintendo characters (Pikmin etc.) throughout the world excluding Japan.

The new agreement also gives 4Kids the exclusive right to license live action and animated television rights, home video rights and theatrical motion picture rights to Nintendo Classic properties, and certain new Nintendo properties. 4Kids also gains the right to produce, by itself or with partners, television series and other productions based on such Nintendo properties. The new agreement replaces the previous year-to-year agreement between Nintendo and 4Kids and does not affect Pokemon, which is covered by separate agreements between 4Kids and The Pokemon Company.

While 4Kids did not make specifics available, the company now has the rights to create a Mario cartoon, a Zelda movie release, and even a Pikmin exercise video. It is possible that this could mark a rebirth in Nintendo licensing. In the late eighties and early nineties Nintendo characters had their own cereals, happy meals, television shows, and clothing lines.

So as said here, it IS possible to have a new Mario cartoon. And likewise, a Zelda movie thing or whatever. Let's just hope what they're saying is true, and that we can see some sort of Mario-related show in the near future.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2001, 12:52:53 AM »
That'd be cool!
-----
Back from the Dead!
RaiaGirl :P

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2001, 08:32:47 AM »
That's awesome! Now that Nintendo can liscense their characters again, we might finally be getting the Zelda movie and Mario cartoons we've been begging for!

I would love to see a Zelda movie! THAT would be cool! Hopefully, the Zelda movie will be Japanese anime!

A Mario cartoon made in Japanese anime would be so awesome!

Mama mia! It''s-a me, Mario Maniac!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2001, 01:13:49 PM »
(Chanting) PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2001, 01:55:10 PM »
Wow!  Were good, go Fungi Forums, go go go!

One problem: I don't get 4kids!  (Wha!)

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2001, 02:36:20 PM »
A pikmin exercise video? I don't think I need to be taught how to exercise by 128-bit insects.

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2001, 06:22:01 AM »
Actually, 4Kids is not a television channel. It's a company that endorses childrens entertainment...

Think of it as a sponser for the Super Bowl Football or the World Series Baseball...

Nintendo has just licensed their characters to this company (4Kids) so they will be able to use them in cartoons and movies and comic books!

Mama mia! It''s-a me, Mario Maniac!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2001, 01:03:50 PM »
and exercise videos...

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

Edited by - frostbite on 10/12/2001 8:22:13 PM

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2001, 01:18:32 PM »
That would be absolutely fantastic! Being a fan of the early Mario shows, campy as they were, I'd love to see another 'toon hit the airwaves.

Let's cross our fingers that it's not another rumor, eh?
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2001, 01:48:03 PM »
*wipes a tear from his eyes* *straigtens up*. I'll warn you now. the following is happy dellirious rambling.
Oh..Can't you just see it now? The last Mario cartoon was out in the 16-bit era. Think of all that has happened in the Mario universe sence then! Wario's slow path into becoming one of the group (In party games, etc, he's almost always in it), The introduction of Waluigi (Luigi...you look different! Wait a minute...y-y-ou're not luigi! Luigi, haaaaaalp!"). The possible Mario64 refrences (Whomps! Heck, that could be a whole epsiode! Remeber how the Head Whomp was rebelling against humanity because Whomps were enslaved to pavement and such?), Kamek and equivelents. Even Paper Mario could have an influence over it. You know how the 'partners' seemed pretty 2 diemensional and...dull? (Hi. I'm parakarry. I deliver the mai. I have a letter for you.) It would be the perfect way to develop those guys further. Kooper having to come to grips with the fact that much of the mushroom kingdome is biased against him due to his koopaness, Goombario realizing he can't just be a mario clone, Parakarry saying something relevant, etc. The Star Road could very well become a plot point too. Maybe even stars in general-Mario Sunshine looks like it'll incorporate some sort of solar energy, and just think...That speical luigi epsiode, "Lugii Mansion!". Then, when a show comes about, there's also the rush to market it. I hate to sound childish(It would be odd...The last time I went into the toy aisle 'cause i Heard they had one a Knuckles figurine, these little guys were all 'Sir, can you reach that for me?' Sir? Perhaps my mustache screams sir...I dunno.), but I've loved the character of Yoshi and wouldn't mind an old school yoshi figurnie to decorate my dresser.

Kweeh! Forget Whark! Kweeh! Is better!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

Link

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2001, 08:34:59 PM »
Um, hate to brake up the party but did it say which channel it will be airing the cartoons through?

------------------------------
The Game Master.

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2001, 09:23:50 PM »
No word on what channel it will be on (and I'm predicting it will only be available to those with satellite dishes, unlike me), but as for Chocobo's last statement about liking the Yoshi character, I agree. His voice gets annoying in a few episodes like Ghosts R Us, but he was my fave (which is why Born To Ride and Mama Luigi were my favorite episodes of the Super Mario World show).

As I've said a billion times, Yoshi is my favorite Nintendo character period, so I'd like practically any sort of Yoshi merchandise (provided it is NOT from Yoshi's Story, that's where he crossed the line into Barney-ville).
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2001, 09:29:38 PM »
I was 3-5 (well I'm 14 now) when thelast show aired I would enjoy a new show!

It is amazing what bordom does to you.
What has it done to you?

Edited by - Originalmtre on 10/15/2001 8:31:04 PM

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2001, 11:44:38 PM »
I wonder if there's any chance of seeing the OLD super show...

*laughs hysterically*
*sigh* >wipes tear from eye<
<_<
>_>
o_O

where the heck did that come from?

~Just another pisanno.
 ~Just another pisanno.

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2001, 02:00:30 PM »
Hope it's on a channel I get.  But how much do you wanna bet, that if they make new ones, they'll use new "italian" voices, which will stink!

Print