Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Horror Stories  (Read 5994 times)

« on: October 12, 2001, 03:47:24 PM »
Reply to this topic and tell me any horror stories that you may have experienced with any Nintendo systems. (being broken, bleed-ins, it exploding for no apparent reason, etc.) Here's mine:
-----------------------------
Yesterday (10/11/01), I was home alone watching my brother. I was in the bathroom doing my business, when he came running in (don't worry, I was done) and screaming and crying and everything. "Nick! Nick! Help! I broke it! Aaaaahhh!" He was referring to his Game Boy Advance. I grabbed it and it looked like a hole was torn in it! A big black starburst was over the game (Mario Advance ;]) I handed the game back to him and calmly said, "Kris, turn the game off." Kris yelled back, "It IS off!" "Errr...now we have a problem." I said. Just then our parents got home, and the doorknob turned... and...

AAAAHHHHH!

Nah, just fooling with ya. My mom took it pretty well. She called Nintendo and she told them what happened. At that time, the cloudburst had gotten bigger, and today it covers the whole screen. The man on the line said that a "bleed-in" occured. That's when the liquid crystals bleed through the LCD screen and mess up the system. The game was probaly stepped on, and it damaged the sender of the crystals. My brother was just playing the game  and it happened, though. The crystals only bleed through when the game heats up. Well, we took it to be repaired. OK, here's the scary part...

[whips on Dracula mask]

IT COST US 50 BUCKS!
AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2001, 09:27:57 PM »
one time in super mario brothers, i jumped on one of those springs and i never came down, so i turned off the game, and i heard the sounds of the television but still saw the super mario brothers screen. i never came down, and i had to turn my tv off to get it to come off. it was on every channel

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2001, 11:39:04 PM »
Mine would have to be a few months after I got my original NES, and my dad was looking around for NES games and one day brought home... DINO RIKI! (screams)

...well hey, it should count as a horror story. Dino Riki was one heck of a pathetic game.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2001, 09:01:21 PM »
I was playing Zelda on the SNES. I was 75% done and my sister took it out to play SMW and the game erased I never played it again. This was a while ago like 96 I dont have a 64 but got the emu I own a Dreamcast.

It is amazing what bordom does to you

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2001, 04:15:30 PM »
When Nintendo released GBA!!!!!!!! That's what I call a horror story!

----------
OK, I pressed the profile sig button. What? It doesn`t show my sig? That`s not fair!
----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2001, 11:49:41 PM »
Personally I think the Limbo Mario GS code is pretty horrific...
(is that how to spell horrif(f)ic?)

~Just another pisanno.
 ~Just another pisanno.

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2001, 09:37:11 AM »
Okay, I see a commercial for "Super Mario World 2," then a little later it's like the game never existed.  When I get a Super Nintendo I try to rent it, but nobody's heard of it.  I finally find "Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island" at Best Buy for an insane price.  I figure it's worth it to get a continuation of "Super Mario World," so I buy it.

I get home and pop it into the system, expecting something close to "Super Mario World" and there's this fruity scenery and a bunch of cartoon dinosaurs that look like they were drawn by a 4 year old and awful music.  When the dumb setup is over I'm not even playing Mario, no, I'm a goofy-looking Yoshi with a BABY Mario in the worst world Nintendo programming has ever devised.  And it doesn't get any better.

THAT is a Nintendo horror story, the horrendous disappointment of "Yoshi's Island."

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2001, 10:24:49 AM »
Same
I thought it would be Super Mario World with better levels and moves but nooo it has to be a crappy game were mario cant do crap!

(I nothing against yoshi but this is like Mario land 3 it says MARIO but you cant be him!)

------------------------------
It is amazing what bordom does to you.
What has it done to you?
originalmtre@yahoo.com
www.geocities.com/originalmtre/
Sign da Guest book

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2001, 01:52:53 PM »
I was a small kid 5 or 6 it was 1994 I was excited because i was going to get my first gameboy it was black my mom told me to pick one game out.
There was a sign NEW GAME SUPER MARIO LAND 3
I was in aw New Mario Game!!! Yes I go home pop it in and its Wario I was shocked and pyst.  But I played hoping mario would be playable. Beat the game No luck. So I think maybe I should beat every leveal. No luck again. That really blew.

BAD
no mario

GOOD
beat every level in SML3:WL

What has it done to you?
originalmtre@yahoo.com
Sign da Guest book

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2001, 06:38:27 PM »
I'm just reviving my topic.

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2001, 11:38:43 PM »
..right..

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2001, 09:25:46 AM »
and you couldnt just look back some?

P.S. tell the truth you wanted more posts on this topic didnt you well it worked.

What has it done to you?
originalmtre@yahoo.com
Sign da Guest book
Loyal Member since
   10/14/2001

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2001, 09:55:43 PM »
....i like yoshi's island....

oh yeah and the GBA is not a horror story!
ya dope
stop your grinnin'' and drop your linen!

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2001, 12:01:20 PM »
(My NES IS a horror story.)1.Getting Yoshi Safari...and not knowing you needed a Super Scope.2.Pokemon.Need I say more?

Power to Luigi!
Power to Luigi!

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2001, 12:20:52 PM »
This isn't Mario related, and heck, it didn't even happen to me. But it did happen on my N64. One of my roommates was playing Majora's Mask. She had almost beaten the final temple when all of the sudden...
My Nintendo froze.
No amount of button pushing could unfreeze it, either.
And she hadn't saved the game since before the last temple! Oops.
-----
Back from the Dead!
RaiaGirl :P

Print