Print

Author Topic: Marios Birthday...  (Read 5032 times)

« on: June 21, 2000, 10:29:34 AM »
Wasn´t DK released in -81? Doesn´t that
mean that Mario will soon be 20?
Do you think that Nintendo will celebrate
this in some way? I personally think (hope)
that they would release Mario All-Stars 2 for
Dolphin or GBA. It would contain all the good
games from SMB3 to SMRPG to Wario Land 3, and
as well as graphically updated, they would also contain new features(like 4-player mode
in SMK and rideable Yoshi in SM64).
What is your opinion on this?

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2000, 11:39:04 AM »
That brings up an intersting thought.  Mario was orignally known as Jump Man right?  Well I have a Colecovision game called Jump Man Jr which contains well Jump Man JR.  Marios son possibly?  Thats what I always thought.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2000, 12:42:37 PM »
I e-mailed Nintendo about this a few months ago. They said nothing was currently planned, and (of course) "keep checking Nintendo.com for any developments."

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2000, 02:53:06 PM »
The first TRUE Mario game was SMB in '85. DK was the star in Donkey Kong, and Mario Bros. wasn't much of an adventure game. SMB was the first TRUE game to feature Mario, which means that's his premiere game.
Kamehameha!

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2000, 04:31:17 PM »
Yeah, the only times they'll plan something
are if POKEMON or ZELDA have a birthday.

Why is Link getting on my bad side? BECAUSE
HE IS GETTING ANOTHER STARRING ROLE ON N64!
You think I'm happy? NO! Mario has had ONE
starring role(Zelda 64's and Pokemon's fault)
and TOO many cameos.

In case you wonder, I HATE Ness. Why? Because
he's just a blip on the radar and people talk
about him!

BANG YOUR HEAD!
BANG YOUR HEAD!

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2000, 04:44:16 PM »
A little off topic but I hate pokemon.  But I like zelda and smb and earthbound I heard was cool.

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2000, 06:28:07 PM »
Jump Man?  Am I missing something?
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2000, 07:08:56 PM »
Yeah in the arcade Donkey Kong Mario was originally called Jump Man but then got the name mario later.  As for Jump Man JR well read my earlier post.

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2000, 06:34:26 PM »
Stop being so hard on Legend of Zelda. In total, Link has been in about six games, not including Majora`s Mask, Seed of Tree (or whatver), and the Triforce Series. Mario has been in over one hundred games. Everyone says that Pokemon is dumb because it is kiddy, but the game does have depth. Snap was alright. People also hate it because there are so much pointless merchandise for it. But, if you remember, Mario had just as many stuff when he was big. Not big like now, around the time of Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World, when he was REALLY BIG. He had tons of pointless stuff. And I`m not saying this to be mean to Mario. In fact, I would love to own all of his pointless stuff. Like the water squirter, DK Action Figures, Trash can, Bed Sheets..... Not to say Mario games are too easy, but they are just as easy for a young kid to play as Pokemon is. Maybe easier. But that doesn`t stop me. I still love both games.

*Looks inside of a candy bar wraper. Reads:* You have just won a Sony Plays.... Oh it`s crap!!
*Looks inside of a candy bar wraper. Reads:* You have just won a Sony Plays.... Oh it`s crap!!

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2000, 07:59:40 PM »
I got the Mario squirter but it is not for sale

Print