Print

Author Topic: Topic 2-3: The Little Brother  (Read 7851 times)

« on: July 01, 2000, 05:37:51 PM »
Hey, hey Hey! Wassup? Read topic Number one? Ahhh... that's okay. But this one is short and sweet.

Should Luigi have is own game? Tendo Box thinks so. =P

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2000, 07:34:43 PM »
I would settle for having Luigi in more Mario games. That would work. Either that, or have a Mario game in which Mario and Peach get kidnapped (Bowser figures that with the hero captured, no one can rescue Peach). Luigi, of course, would've been overlooked and become the hero of the game.

-TurtleTek
www.extremesc.com/turtletek/beam

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2000, 08:18:24 PM »
That would be interesting. Instead of the Mario Brothers, it's the Luigi brohers! That would be nifty, and super groovy cool!!

Oh...sorry about that!

:)

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2000, 07:19:12 AM »
Luigi already has his own game, "Mario is Missing."  As I understand it, Luigi takes center stage in that game.  
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2000, 12:06:21 PM »
I really, really hate to make a reference to Sega, but Mario and Luigi are kind of like(Gulp!) Sonic and Tails. Mario and Sonic are always in each game, and Tails and Luigi are tagalongs. They don't get center stage often, but they're still playable sometimes. But that's kind of off-topic. Getting back in to the heart of things, why not? Sure, give him is own game. It couldn't hurt. I mean, how different from Mario is he really?

-YOSHI :P
Woohoo.

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2000, 01:22:26 PM »
That's because Sonic and Tails are a blatant ripoff of Mario and Luigi.  
Mega 2

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2000, 01:40:32 PM »
Oh Shut up about the whole Sonic and Mario thing Mega2. I'm SICK of it, and I am sure everyone ELSE is sick of it. So drop it, and never bring it up again.

And yeah, I agree that Tails and Luigi are tag-alongs.... heh heh... time to strech my fan fic ability for a nice little crossover...

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2000, 05:47:28 PM »
Whoa, hey, that's the first time I mentioned it, Ok? Geez.. didn't mean to offend anyone.

Woohoo.

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2000, 06:05:29 PM »
Yoshi2- No, No, I wans't talking to you. I understand when a person brings it up the first time. Sorry If _I_ offended you.

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2000, 06:16:01 PM »
THAT's a relief. Like Hinopio, I just want to be on everyone's good side. :)

Woohoo.

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2000, 10:03:15 AM »
Glad you two worked things out, but lets stick with the topic. Yes Mega 2 was right about Luigi being the star of "Mario is Missing", but I've heard it sucked. I think Luigi should have his own game, though it should be as good as Super Mario 64.

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2000, 03:19:37 PM »
I've heard "Mario is Missing" sucked, too, but I still want to play it.  After all, before I played them I'd heard that "Super Mario Bros. 2," "Super Mario Land," "Super Mariokart," "Wario's Woods," "Super Mario 64," and "Super Mariokart 64" all sucked, and I like them.
Mega 2

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2000, 05:51:28 PM »
Mega 2:Well don't let that stop you. In my opinion those games you named are in my opinion some of the very best games ever created for any home entertainment console in the world. (Whew!) Except for Mario is Missing, that is! :) I'm not going to say it's terrible. After all, I _am_ a collector, and I believe that even the very worst of the bunch are good to have. However, go ahead and play it. You've got some good advice there in your post.

As for this poll in preticular:
Yeah, I guess it's safe to say Luigi ought to have a starring role by now. However, we DO need something more creative than "The Princess AND Mario are kidnapped, and it's up to LUIGI to save them." Something more interesting. Something more involved. Oh, say, something that isn't just "Mario can't do it, so Luigi has to."

Woohoo.

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2000, 06:12:23 PM »
Those ideas would work very well. Hey, if we get a Metroid Dolphin game, Luigi could get his. =P

I'm loopy now... no A/C...

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2000, 12:08:06 AM »
Yeah, I was aware of "Mario's Missing". However, it is one of those cheesy educational games. If there is any real game I'd call not "canon" it would be Mario's Missing. Luigi, in my mind, has never single-handedly rescued TMK.

Actually, I would be just fine with Luigi having to save both Peach and Mario. Sounds like a perfect Mario game plot. Yep.

-TurtleTek
www.extremesc.com/turtletek/beam

Print