Print

Author Topic: My thoughts on the Goombas  (Read 3948 times)

« on: July 04, 2000, 09:56:43 PM »
I think that they are mercaneris. They work for the highest payer. And so far Bowser has offered the most cash. I think it would rock if they one day work for Mario. That was part of my "Movie script" i thought up. Mario gets help from a Goomba with the voice of Cartman (South Park).

Doomba, King of the Goombas

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2000, 01:48:28 AM »
Hmm... I always thought that the Goombas were a 'branch' of Bowser's army, like the Koopas and various other baddies.  The Shy Guys, on the other hand, appear to be mercenary soldiers.  This discussion came up (kind of) in another string.  Someone listed the different bosses the shy guys have worked for...

Wart- SMB2
Smithy & Booster- SMRPG
Kamek- YI
Bowser- SM64 (fly guy?)
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2000, 06:43:01 AM »
What about the Goombas that worked for Tatanga in "Super Mario Land" or Wario in "Super Mario Land 2" or Wart in "Super Mario Bros. 2"?  I think the Goombas are like the Ogrons on "Doctor Who" and are just unskilled guerrila warriors who work for anyone in power.  
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2000, 12:49:07 PM »
Mega2 : Yeah that sounds good. They work for the ones in power to save there butts.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2000, 02:11:41 PM »
I always thought that the goombas were slaves. Y'know, like Bowser got Kamek to cast a spell and turn people into Goombas that have to do his bidding? I hear that Mario teams up with a goomba in Paper Mario Story.
~Heir to the Royal Throne, the Baker of Many Cakes, Kisser of Many Noses,Bimbo Supreme, and Crybaby Extroidinaire,Her Royal Highness, the Noble Princess Peach Toadstool~

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2000, 09:26:51 PM »
Actually the origonal Super Mario Brothers instruction manual sez that they were traders of the mushroom kingdom. I think it's because Bowers tempeted them by giving them more power or not turning them into horeshair trees and bricks

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2000, 11:19:27 PM »
Yep, What ParaTroopa said is what I believe is "canon". However, I do think that they can and have worked for others. Now, I don't mean that they get paid. Nope, I think they just side with whoever is in power in order to save their butts.

-TurtleTek
www.extremesc.com/turtletek/beam

Print