Print

Author Topic: Are there any 17 year old girls here?  (Read 7475 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2002, 09:00:47 AM »
Girl gamers... hmm... I'm not 17 but I am a girl gamer. I've been playing Super Mario Bros. since I was one years old with my older brother so playing video games all the time feels natural to me. What's wrong with video games? I got blinded from the real world because of them. In fact i didn't know that video games were "guy-oriented" until I was like in fourth grade. I wasn't really a tomboy when I was little but... I just missed out on all the tea parties and barbies. But thats OK. Mario and all of them were my friends. Instead of a tea party I could play Mario Party. Instead of looking at Barbies I could look at Peach. Hey do you all think I'm wierd since I said I grew up living on video games? I don't really know any guys that do this either. Growing up on video games. I feel like I'm the only one besides my brothers.
~Princess Strawberry Sweet
 *Sweet ''n sugary*

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2002, 09:51:32 AM »
If you think that, you're no better than the rest.

-------
Because I could not stop for Death
He kindly stopped for me
The Carriage held but just Ourselves
And Immortality.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2002, 11:55:20 AM »
I grew up on videogames (especially the ones made by Nintendo). I've been playing Mario games ever since I was a young kid. And now I'm 17 years old--and I still love Nintendo just as well.

---

Nintendo is like a religion to me, and Shigeru Miyamoto is the God of it.

A world without Nintendo is a world without videogames.

Congratulation''s Nintendo, for over 25 years of videogame excellence!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2002, 09:08:26 PM »
I used to play games at my best friend's house a long time ago, all Nintendo (mostly SNES) and anyway, he moved away so I bought a lot of Nintendo systems. Oh, and if you guys see him on here, he's GoombaDoom.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2002, 05:28:49 AM »
Well I am gonna givestarman a big fat lip

I am the Ninja who stealthfully approaches you to slice your throat. I am the coffee you are drinking. I am the destroyer or the healer. I will be the last person you will see. I am not a demon I am just a Renagade.
Darkness falls across the land the midnight hour is close at hand. Creatures crawl in the search of blood to terrorize a neighborhood. loose webber shall be found with the souls getting down. But stand in place the hums of hell and rot inside a corpes shell. The foulstenches in the air the funk of 40,ooo years. grizzly ghouls from every tomb are closing in to seal your doom. And though you fight to stay alive your body starts to shiver because no mear mortal can resist the evil of the thriller

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2002, 05:33:08 AM »
Well my girlfriend Ada plays videogames. I mean I dont seewhy certain things should be for a certain ***. Like pokemon people say is for girls. Silent Hill is something for boys. Wel I do not believe that. My girlfriendplays silent hil. Wel I explained my point

I am the Ninja who stealthfully approaches you to slice your throat. I am the coffee you are drinking. I am the destroyer or the healer. I will be the last person you will see. I am not a demon I am just a Renagade.
Darkness falls across the land the midnight hour is close at hand. Creatures crawl in the search of blood to terrorize a neighborhood. loose webber shall be found with the souls getting down. But stand in place the hums of hell and rot inside a corpes shell. The foulstenches in the air the funk of 40,ooo years. grizzly ghouls from every tomb are closing in to seal your doom. And though you fight to stay alive your body starts to shiver because no mear mortal can resist the evil of the thriller

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2002, 11:39:43 AM »
What you have between your legs has nothing to do with your entertainment preferences.

-------
Arguing your minds to mush since August 27th, 2001.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2002, 12:24:11 PM »
I seem to have read that Centipede and some other game have more girls playing them... I wonder why?

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2002, 06:15:44 PM »
Well, 18.  Close enough.  Pyrasaur, I have a few girlfriends who love gaming too and there's nothing better than a Smash Brothers tourney!  ^^  And yes, one of them is always Pikachu, one's always Peach, and one's always Kirby.  How I love squashing them brutally with Bowser . . . um, I mean, I like pink!

"We took pity on him because he''d lost both parents at an early age. I think that, on reflection, we should have wondered a bit more about that."

--Lord Downey, Terry Pratchett''s "Hogfather"

Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2002, 07:44:01 PM »
I'm 17 and a girl gamer. I used to be a regular here awhile back, but I haven't been around for about a year. Anyway, I hink that we girl gamers are a bit stigmatized. A lot of non-gamers are ***ist creeps who think we should be worried more about boys or makeup than whether or not perfect Dark Zero will ever be released.... and most guy gamers I've run across don't respect us. Then they get all defensive when they're beaten by a girl.. as if it were something akin to being beaten by an infant. Lousy pompous creeps...

~Heir to the Royal Throne, the Baker of Many Cakes, Kisser of Many Noses,Bimbo Supreme, and Crybaby Extroidinaire,Her Royal Highness, the Noble Princess Peach Toadstool~
~Heir to the Royal Throne, the Baker of Many Cakes, Kisser of Many Noses,Bimbo Supreme, and Crybaby Extroidinaire,Her Royal Highness, the Noble Princess Peach Toadstool~

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2002, 08:38:41 PM »
Hehe, good job Wanwan, one of my chickie friends always plays with Zelda/Sheik and I rub it in her face when I beat her with Bowser. Which doesn't happen that often, actually...^_^;;

But I just found out recently that some guys disrespect gamer gals. I was surprised, the only odd reaction I've gotten as a gamer is, "OMG, you play video games AND you're a girl! Can I worship you? Please?" OK, so I exaggerate, but you get my point. Like I say, some girls are given the impression that video games are a male passtime, or that video games are just plain loser fodder, and so they don't even think about them. Come to think of it, I was kind of raised on video games too, I had a lot of male friends growing up and my Barbies went untouched...But I'm glad I turned out to like video games. One time a random cute guy started up a conversation about video games because he saw the SSBM desktop on my laptop. I'll always cherish that memory. :D

And you know, Pokémon isn't really as cutesy as some people think it is. The monsters may be sickeningly cute as a whole, but they're still designed to beat the snot out of each other. :p All the Pokémon fans I know IRL are male. It's funny because I'll sometimes explain the game to a curious peer or teacher. So-called popular girls sometimes even borrow my Gameboy in class to try the game!

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

Edited by - Pyrasaur on 8/28/2002 7:40:14 PM
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2002, 11:35:22 PM »
It's stupid, because what are they even talking about? The Pokemon creatures except the evil Pikachu-type things and sorta Jigglypuff, none of them are even halfway cute! I don't understand why people even like them! Oh, and all the girls I know play video games. Except maybe one or two...

That was a joke.

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2002, 09:11:53 AM »
I don't know any girls that play video games. There should be more of them, because the people who play them a lot tend to be more understanding of just about everything and use logic very well. All the girls I meet couldnt use logic to find their way out of an empty, wide open barn. *sigh*. At least I know they're out there.

The problem with being a geeky video game player is it's hard to make friends since all the other one's are doing the same thing I am. Staying inside playing video games. Oh well, at least there's the internet.
We should all follow Mario''s lead and ditch the plumbing business in favor of adventurous lives in a land full of mushrooms.

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2002, 04:39:58 PM »
hmm, welp i just stumbled @ this site, nice layout btw (to the webmaster). I've been playing video games for as long as i can remember, kicked ALOT of ass my self =D. from atari, turbo grafix 16, nintendo, snes, sega master system, sega genesis (with and without 32X + CD + Saturn) to N64, game gear, gameboy, Dreamcast, & playstation. i still have most of my systems as well (still hook em up and play em once in awhile), but when i don't feel like hooking em up, i just use emulators n roms. i play some PC games as well (Quake 3, 4x4 Evolution & MOHAA) thats just the main 3 i play. btw im a 23yr old female, and NO i don't just play games all day, theres alot things i do, but i think this post is long enough, so im out.
  ~.^  -shr00mz

Edited by - shr00mz on 8/29/2002 3:44:38 PM

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2002, 05:27:16 PM »
Yeah well people can never say girls hate gory games. Cuz My girlfriend Ada plays silent hill and resident evil games. Though I have to sit in the room with her she still plays hem. End of Story

Print