Print

Author Topic: Marching Band  (Read 9608 times)

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2002, 05:22:22 PM »
Waitasecond, Lola. What do you play in band anyway?

"Thus Spake Lizard"

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2002, 06:38:47 PM »
If you must know....I do not play a BAND instroment. I play violin and piano. But that doesn't matter! Anyway...I am IN the marching band because I am on the color guard. The people that spin the wooden guns and large shiny poles with flags upon them.

:)
I like cheese!

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2002, 07:23:23 PM »
Unfortunately....this saturday is the last competition for Marching season! :( We are performing our show at the TWA dome, or GSL dome, or the Edward dome, or what-ever it's called now, really bright and early that morning!

I don't think any of you are going to be there, but if you are, let me know so I can cheer for you! :) I plan to stay there all day too! I think I updated my e-mail (lp9007@earthlink.net) so drop me a line if you don't want others to know what school you are! And yes I'll e-mail back!

Anyway...if/and/or/when anyone out there is going to that certain competition, and are there to see us perform, we are called, The Marquette Mustang Marching Band. We perform at like..........early in the morning! :) I forgot the time! Anyway, drop me a line, or not! :)

@}~~
I like cheese!

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2002, 07:24:28 PM »
Tidbit of the Day: I just got back from All-State Band. Anyone else ever done that shindig?

This year had good songs and good conductor. yay

"Thus Spake Lizard"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2002, 10:31:36 PM »
Well, that's cool, but you know what?

We`ve taken care of everything, The words you hear, the songs you sing, The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes. It`s one for all and all for one, We work together common sons, Never need to wonder how or why.
We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx. Our great computers fill the hallowed halls. We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx. All the gifts of life are held within our walls...
That was a joke.

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2002, 03:57:28 PM »
Um.......what?
I like cheese!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2002, 08:41:14 PM »
It's from Rush's album, 2112. It's about this dude in the future who lives in an oppressed society.
That was a joke.

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2002, 03:48:58 PM »
oh. Cool! :) we placed second in our division. Marching season is over so I won't be suprised if this thread will die in a few minutes.

Edited by - Lola Prue on 10/25/2002 3:40:04 PM
I like cheese!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2002, 11:44:13 PM »
It's past a few minutes.

Eeh hee hee hee heeeee!
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2002, 10:54:00 AM »
I had my concert band concert last Wensday! It was so fun seeing the entire band crowd around us, the jazz band, just for warmups! My conductor didn't even notice for about 10 minutes, and when he did, it was really funny watching them scram!

It was funny joking with my intermediate band(i'm in advanced) friend, saying he didn't make adv. band 'cause there were no open alto spots, but over the summer, all but two of them quit!

I am FLUDD, the Flash Liquidizing Ultra Dousing Device. I hope to be of assistance.
I am FLUDD, the Flash Liquidizing Ultra Dousing Device. I hope to be of assistance.

Sue successfull. I''d be looking forward to a lot of Japanese text in video games since their main translator quit for letting me push them around. Oh well, I could hire my own translator now!

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2003, 09:16:17 PM »
Guess what?!?! It's that time again to take out your drill books and set picture one of the show...marching season has started. Well...it's pretty much over now...but oh well.

Okay, I know I haven't posted in ages, but I still feel loyal to the good ol` TMK.

But that's off topic.

MARCHING BAND PEOPLE! What's up? :)

There's really no "real" point to this post, but as a spontaneous question...what competitions have you performed at so far? What places, what's your show called and what not? :)

We've performed at...

Farming Competition
Lafayette Competition
Echoes off the River Alton Competition
and
Greater St. Louis Competition

We don't do very much, but the football games and parades take a lot out of you. Not to mention the practices.

Anyway...anyone been to these competition? Which ones have you all been to?

::side note:: thought I'd bring this topic to life again! :)
I like cheese!

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2003, 10:16:55 PM »
AHHHHHH! Where did this topic come from? Where did you come from? This makes no sense!

I''''m the chef of the Fungi Forums!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2003, 10:23:02 PM »
iT cAmE fRoM tHe PaSt...

Anyhow, I pulled out of marching band at the last moment for my freshman year of college because of the huge time commitments. It also conflicted with a different Honors Program thing I was doing. Oh well, maybe next year.

I’m not stupid, I’m LD.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2003, 10:32:53 PM »
I am in BJHS band and I play the tuba.

Performances I have been in ever since Junior High:

7th grade-

-Half-time performance at football game with the award winning Marching 100
-Region band Tryouts (I made it in)
-Region Band
-Downtown Christmas performance
-Christmas Performance at the high school
-A bunch of others

8th grade (so far)
-Half-time performance at football game with the award winning Marching 100 (which occured just a couple days ago)

Stupid inventions- Ejector seat for helicopters.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2003, 06:03:59 PM »
Well, my marching season is almost over (less than a week!). At least I am playing 1st like I should this year - the sad irony being that I can't play antmore due to my nose surgery. I'm glad I can at least march the show for Regionals.

Stupid Quotes: (5th edition)
"I`d like to buy a vowel. An N?"
~Contestant on "Wheel of Fortune"
~I.S.~

Print