Print

Author Topic: New GameCube games confirmed by Miyamoto!  (Read 3100 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: December 11, 2002, 05:48:06 PM »
A few days ago, I read an article at Nintendojo.com stating that Shigeru Miyamoto (we all know who that is...) confirmed two new games are being developed for the GameCube: Pikmin 2 and Super Mario 128 (hopefully the true sequel to Super Mario 64)!

This is exciting news! Especially to those who had thought Super Mario Sunshine didn't live up to people's expectations...

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 12/11/2002 3:49:39 PM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 09:30:09 PM »
Hey, that's good news! I'm just wondering what the Pikmin sequel will be about, since rehashing the "stranded" plotline would suck a lot.

Speaking of plotlines, I REALLY hope Mario 128 isn't another basic "rescue Peachie from Bowser"...0_o

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2002, 12:18:49 AM »
Mario 128 is, I believe, an extension of the early GCN demo with all those Marios running around... that would be interesting.

And Sunshine is better than SM64. That's all there is to be said.

Hmm... I still need to get Pikmin 1... *sigh*
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2002, 08:34:02 AM »
If you played a game with 128 Mario's running around the screen with no objectives or plotline...that would get VERY boring quickly.

I just had an interesting idea. It could be about Mario getting cloned by a mad scientist, and having to fight his evil clones throughout increasingly challenging levels... That would be cool.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2002, 09:19:06 AM »
*cough*cough*zeldafourswords*cough*sneeze*

I am FLUDD, the Flash Liquidizing Ultra Dousing Device. I hope to be of assistance.

Sue successfull. I''d be looking forward to a lot of Japanese text in video games since their main translator quit for letting me push them around. Oh well, I could hire my own translator now!
I am FLUDD, the Flash Liquidizing Ultra Dousing Device. I hope to be of assistance.

Sue successfull. I''d be looking forward to a lot of Japanese text in video games since their main translator quit for letting me push them around. Oh well, I could hire my own translator now!

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2002, 10:43:02 AM »
Another Pikmin game? I can only imagine how Captain Olimar gets into another crash or something. Oh and Mario 128 sounds very interesting!

Fox: Here it comes!

Slippy: Fox! Get this guy off me!

Peppy: I''m going for the missile!

Katt: Are you going to hog all the fun?

Falco: Katt! Can''t you go bother someone else?

Katt: Let me help you out!
Does anybody ever wonder why the Blue Toad in Super Mario Sunshine wanders off from the rest of the group?

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2002, 05:40:41 PM »
Mario 128: It should be Super Mario Bros. Attack of the 128 Clones"

Pikmin 2: The beginning cutscene: Captain Olimar takes off into space and realizes the Pikmin didn't fix up the ship all that great!  So it breaks down and he lands again with the Pikmin!
 n/a

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2002, 07:22:04 PM »
Seriously? A Pikmin2?! i think that's great news! I loved Pikmin, but it was too short.

Wasn't Super Mario Sunshine the sequal to Super Mario 64. ANyway, I just hope Mario 128 is a working title only. . .

Just be conscious and try again. And you cna count on it, you can count on it. Aah-haa!
Just be conscious and try again. And you cna count on it, you can count on it. Aah-haa!

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2002, 08:57:56 PM »
I'm sorry. I just cant see how Mario 128 can be a good game. What would it be about?
He who fills his pockets with the rocks of misdeeds shall surely sink in the River of Good Fortune!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2002, 09:50:10 PM »
Trust me, they'll think of something.
Just as they'll think of something good for Pikmin 2. Didn't you guys read that interview with Miyamoto and those other guys? He had a new idea to extend the game.
And FLUDD, what is your deal with Four Swords? It looks interesting to me.

jjf8420: Who's "Katt"?

"Thus has it ever been! Thus shall it ever be!"

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 12/12/2002 7:51:49 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2003, 03:19:19 AM »
umm... im sorry to break it to you... but i heard sm 128 with all marios runnin around, was changed to pikmin.
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2003, 03:24:37 AM »
i  have  to do this  sorry!

Bowser: uhh.. son... theres something i have to tell  you... about princess peach...

Junior:I know papa, peach really isnt my mama... but one day... i wanna fight that mario again!
Bowser:Thats my boy! The Koopa Line is still strong! But lets just rest awhile...
Find your inner monkey.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2003, 11:40:31 PM »
Well yes, Falcoblue688, I heard that too. But recently they have announced both a second Pikmin game as well as Mario 128. Several sites have this info.
That was a joke.

Print