Print

Author Topic: New Mario Game Ideas  (Read 3324 times)

« on: December 12, 2002, 03:36:52 PM »
I sort of in a rut here, I cant think of any way to make a different type of Mario Game. There is just to many Mario Bros clones out there... Perhaps Mario Final Fight might prove to be interesting...........

......LINE!......
He who fills his pockets with the rocks of misdeeds shall surely sink in the River of Good Fortune!

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2002, 03:47:34 PM »
I have been thinking lately and I think a Mario game similar to Animal Crossing(on GC)
would rock! But mabey with a cool, less looked at charecter like Toad!

Toad is da best!
Toad is da best!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2002, 10:25:32 PM »
Uh... hmm... dang, I think Mario's been in every good game genre. I can't help ya.

"Thus has it ever been! Thus shall it ever be!"
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2002, 08:33:48 PM »
I'd like to see a Nintendo version of Kingdom Hearts, basically a fanfiction author's dream come true. Imagine Mario fighting alongside such Nintendo greats as Link and Kirby and Fox? It'd rock! It'd be kinda like SSBM, except RPGified. And another good RPG never hurt a fandom.

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2002, 10:25:03 PM »
So many? I've only seen one other Mario Bros. clone other than mine. Or do you mean any knock-off starring Mario? I have seen quite a few a those.

"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2002, 11:34:07 PM »
Hey Pyrasaur, I came up with that idea three weeks ago!

That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2002, 11:07:13 AM »
a roguelike game with Mario carachters.  something like the HeroQuest boardgame.
Maybe with a cartoonish taste like Monster Gate (GBA)

Cele the Ref

Cele the Ref

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2002, 03:09:36 PM »
Yes, shroommaster's idea sounds cool.  How about a Mario game like Pikmin too?

Maybe a new Super Mario All Stars, containing major games from SM64 down.
 n/a

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2002, 04:12:19 PM »
Maybe Mario 128 will be like Pikman.  Controling 128 Marios in a Pikman-like game would be cool.  The mario lemmings are coming!
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2002, 12:38:50 AM »
Hey Cele, you've heard of Rogue? That had to be the coolest ASCII dungeon game thing...

That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2002, 10:17:18 AM »
a Pikmin kind of game should be a Bowser game.  You control Bowser who has to gather an army of goombas, koopas and other funny guys.

Cele the Ref

Cele the Ref

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2002, 12:51:57 AM »
Heh. That would probably be pretty good.
But anyone else here played Rogue? It's dang cool. Maybe I'll put it up for download somewhere...
*After going to search for the file*
Wow, I had no idea that game was so popular. I have it somewhere on a 5" floppy from 1985.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 12/15/2002 11:03:35 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2002, 08:33:48 PM »
I'd like to see a Nintendo version of Kingdom Hearts, basically a fanfiction author's dream come true. Imagine Mario fighting alongside such Nintendo greats as Link and Kirby and Fox? It'd rock! It'd be kinda like SSBM, except RPGified. And another good RPG never hurt a fandom.

"Like the moon over
       -Bowser, SMRPG

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2002, 08:33:48 PM »

"Like the moon over
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Print