Print

Author Topic: The Pointless Topic!  (Read 2495018 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #10905 on: July 27, 2010, 01:34:42 PM »
It's a pity CT's don't matter anymore. None of them have changed in months.

Side note: why don't they give us an option where we can change our own CT, but we can only change it once per period of time (a month, say).

..but why?
Formerly quite reasonable.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10906 on: July 27, 2010, 02:08:20 PM »
The whole point is that it's supposed to be some sort of adorable little nickname given to a member by a mod.
every

« Reply #10907 on: July 27, 2010, 03:13:38 PM »
I know what they are, but some CT's make little sense when aren't changed in a very long time (like mine, for example. Anybody even remember how/why I got it? I remember, that was just an example). After a couple of months or so, they're not funny anymore (except for Trainman's. :p   )
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #10908 on: July 27, 2010, 03:38:56 PM »
One of these days it will be cool to not have a CT. You just wait.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #10909 on: July 27, 2010, 03:53:19 PM »
CTs are supposed to be unexpected. Requesting them ruins the point.

Besides, my CT is a reference to David Dayton (I think?) getting mad at a months-old post that I made. You're pretty lucky.

HA HA I'M WINNING

The best CT I've ever seen was LD's tragically short-lived "Crusty, Wiry Husk of A Former Human Being".
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10910 on: July 27, 2010, 05:10:06 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I totally love the idea that they can only be bestowed by a mod, and I know that IRL, nicknames usually reference some mundane trait or goof-up someone made a long time ago (at least in movies--I've never really met anybody with a quirky moniker like "Chowder" or "Stainer", but I digress), but we kind of all already technically have nicknames on the FF. If you want my honest opinion, they probably don't get changed because the moderation's nowhere near as good as it used to be around here.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10911 on: July 27, 2010, 06:11:35 PM »
"Crusty, Wiry Husk of A Former Human Being"

You can thank me for that. Actually, LD got lots of CTs based on stuff I said.

OOH MODS CAN I HAVE A CT FOR MOST NUMBER OF CTS BASED ON STUFF I SAID?
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10912 on: July 27, 2010, 06:54:06 PM »
I got quoted in a lot of people signatures.

/egotism (hey, whatever happened to that "Brag about yourself thread?")

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #10913 on: July 27, 2010, 07:52:43 PM »
I just now remembered what CT even stands for.

Also, my CT is from a typo in a post I made loooooong ago. I've had it for years. It's good as it is. What changes is my signature. My current one references when my boredom kinda began.

Now, a lot of these signatures I've seen around here... I just have no idea what the hell they're talking about. My theory is that they're probably extremely obscure references to something, something meme-tastic, or most commonly, some subtle, witty attempt at humor that everyone who wants to kiss a "higher-up's" butt by being like, "HAHAHA LOL I GET IT. PURDY FUNNAY RIGHT THAR. LD/CHUPPERSON/WARP/TEM/DEEZER/Mß/DD/etc. UR FUNNY" will do.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 07:56:53 PM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10914 on: July 27, 2010, 07:59:36 PM »
At least three of the people mentioned there don't even use sigs.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10915 on: July 27, 2010, 08:31:35 PM »
Recently, at least, the New Sig Thread has been a good source of explanations.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10916 on: July 28, 2010, 11:06:00 AM »
Every time I see a sufficiently funny sentence around here that's even funnier when out of context, I use it as my new sig.
every

« Reply #10917 on: July 29, 2010, 03:41:54 AM »
One of these days it will be cool to not have a CT. You just wait.
It is already so.

« Reply #10918 on: July 29, 2010, 06:37:33 PM »
..but why?

Why not?

Now, Regarding Custom Titles.
To be honest: I did complain twice via PMs to change it and I guess they got fed-up and completely removed it. I feel neutral about CTs now.

Now I get the feeling that the CT "Hurry, Hurry, Hurry... Step Right Up... Go for the unicorn!..." never really was good, and has always been too weird for anything, even me. Ever since the first time I heard it a few years ago, I was inexplicably captivated in such a way that I could never explain to myself or others... it's just one of those things. It also marks the first time I have ever seen an exclamation point being used in the same statement following a trailing thought.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 06:39:46 PM by nensondubois »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #10919 on: July 29, 2010, 07:49:41 PM »
Every time I see a sufficiently funny sentence around here that's even funnier when out of context, I use it as my new sig.

I feel honored.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print