Print

Author Topic: Mario vs. Sonic (or: Nintendo vs. Sega)  (Read 9064 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: November 16, 2000, 10:46:49 AM »
Mario vs Sonic: Who will win? For years, ever since the original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) and the Sega MasterDrive (before Sega Genesis) came out, the two companies have been battling with each other; trying to  see who can create the best game characters...

I'm a HUGE fan of Mario (and Nintendo), but I also love Sonic (and Sega). When will the Mario-vs.-Sonic/Nintendo-vs.-Sega war end?

Another thing:
I've thought about getting a Sega Dreamcast and buying Sonic Adventure for it... Is it worth it?

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2000, 09:35:45 PM »
Well, I think that many of us are disappointed at Sega`s current situation. Bluntly, Sega`s dying. Pretty much dead now. Sure, they were one of the biggest names, but now they`re almost nothing. Dreamcast doesn`t stand a chance against GAMECUBE and PS2 or even X-Box. It`s a shame too. Sega is going to begin makeing games for handheld systems, though. What`s the first thing you think of when you think of handheld video games?? Maybe we`ll see a Sonic Game Boy Advance game in the near future.
*Looks inside of a candy bar wraper. Reads:* You have just won a Sony Plays.... Oh it`s crap!!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2000, 10:37:35 AM »
What do you mean they'll keep making games for hand-held consoles? The only hand-held console that has Sega on it so far is Neo Geo Pocket...

And Sonic will NEVER be on Game Boy. Nintendo wouldn't allow Sega to make a game for their system.

I've always wanted to see a Super Smash Bros.-type game with Mario vs. Sonic... THAT would be cool...

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2000, 12:57:49 PM »
Actually Sega is gaining back there popularity with Dreamcast, there only mistake is that they put all there effort into sports games. i for one hat sports games. As for X box beating Dreamcast? Not a chance. I personaly belive that it's not going to last and be another 3DO or CD-i.

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2000, 12:25:07 PM »
I have always been a fan of Sega.  I still love my Genesis/Sega CD/32X, and Sega has always ranked among the top 5 in my mind as far as game developers go.  I do hate to see them struggling now, but I wouldn't say that Sega is dead or dying.  Remember that they have always had a much larger fan base in Japan (proportionally) than in the US.
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2000, 12:06:40 PM »
Nintendo and Sega are joining together. Hehe, now the name for the companies are gonna be Sintendo hehe. Man, I've never posted here in a LOOOOOOONG time!
Well, I''m back, and better than ever, with my Glacier GBA!

*Looks around*

Uh... what did you expect?

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2000, 07:14:20 AM »
Isn't Sega selling Sonic?
(I don't know if this is a false rumor...)

~teehee~
~teehee~

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2000, 06:25:18 AM »
Okay. That's a bunch of crap! Where did you hear that Nintendo and Sega are joining together? IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! NEVER! Sega and Nintendo will never join together, even if the fate of the videogame universe depended on it!

Mario Maniac!!

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2000, 11:42:59 AM »
That happened in a dream I once had, but I doubt real life will follow suit.  The two companies have been rivals for too long.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2000, 07:00:54 PM »
I've loved Mario and Sonic. As for the dreamcast, i don't think it's worth it. Just go out and rent Sonic Adventure and a Dreamcast. Dunno, maybe you'll think I'm full of Gyshel Greens. Sonic Adventure was a wonderful Sonic game- it nearly brought a tear to my eye. My only sadness is that I didn't have a memory card, and so I'd have to play through quests over and over again! Ahh, so it goes!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2000, 06:23:57 AM »
Okay... Now here's another question:

Who's better, Nintendo or Sega?
Who's better, Mario or Sonic?

Mario Maniac!!

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2000, 06:28:02 AM »
After seeing the situation at hand, I think the Dreamcast is going to stay on top of the competition until GameCube is released. A lot of people are refraining from buying the lame-at-release PS2 which is full of problems and no halfway decent release titles. X-Box is like a PC that you can't upgrade. Anyone who wants one is just going to use their PC instead.

Basically, GameCube and Dreamcast are the rival consoles this time round. Maybe PS2 will join the race, but most people are placing their faith in Nintendo to do something spectacular - and I expect they will.

As usual, in choosing between Sega and Nintendo and their characters I'll side with Mario and friends all the time. But that's just my prejudice. I doubt whether one could actually say that one is definitely worse than the other.
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2000, 10:20:54 AM »
"Who's better, Nintendo or Sega?"
"Who's better, Mario or Sonic?"
Why bother asking? They've each produced magical games in the past. peopre are going to say one or the other, and basicaly trash the other one..(ecept us at the board. We're so super cool and non-biased.)
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2000, 10:40:34 AM »
Now, I've always been a major Nintendo fan (for years, I've been playing games like Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, etc. and I've never gotten tired of them)... But now that PlayStation 1 is doing pretty well, I've started to go towards that realm of gaming also... In other words: I LIKE PLAYSTATION AND NINTENDO THE SAME! Too bad Sony has no mascot... Or do they? I've never really liked Sega because all their games were (and still are) crap compared to Nintendo...

PlayStation 2... it sucks! There's hardly a library of good games for it yet... Sega Dreamcast was even better at it's launch! Same with Nintendo 64! But I think the good ol' PlayStation 1 will do just fine in the gaming market. It's got a ton of cool games for it!

I GOT A NINTENDO 64 YESTERDAY (Sunday, December 17, 2000) FOR MY BIRTHDAY PARTY! I'M NOW 16 YEARS OLD!

Mario Maniac!!

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2000, 04:12:32 PM »
Nintendo is great, Sega is okay, and those others are just a waste of everyone's time.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

Print