Print

Author Topic: Wallpapers you have used  (Read 260668 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #675 on: February 16, 2008, 06:25:26 PM »
For that matter, do people notice the G-Man in my wallpaper?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #676 on: February 16, 2008, 07:55:27 PM »
Your wallpaper was shown as a screenshot, and it was kind of hard to see anyone, let alone that elusive figure.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #677 on: February 16, 2008, 08:10:44 PM »
I meant if anyone's seen the original picture.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 08:16:32 PM by WarpRattler »

« Reply #678 on: February 17, 2008, 12:19:18 AM »
Yup, I see the G-man. Doesn't really stand out. Look to the left of the left light pole.

My wallpapers are usually foxes, Redwall, and furry art.

I haven't used this Simpsons wallpaper yet, but I wish I had.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #679 on: February 18, 2008, 01:25:26 AM »
My wallpapers are usually foxes, Redwall, and furry art.
That won't fare well with a number of users here. =/

Though, my current wallpaper is technically furry art, I have not linked to it for that reason. XP
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #680 on: February 20, 2008, 12:30:55 AM »
Hmph. I wonder it's just animal/human hybrids that are the problem, or if fanarts of existing animal characters (like from Lion King or Balto) are safe. It's just that some of the art doesn't appear to be that different from anthropomorphic animals in cartoons seen today (or comic strips). I already know of someone who freaked out from an innocent furry art picture, so I know there's some line. Drives me nuts that I can't tell what it is in advance. Not intentionally trying to scare/weird-out people here, y'know.

Speaking of which, I have used some Balto wallpapers before. But darned if I know whether they're furry. I still think Robin Hood (animated version by Disney, with Robin Hood as a fox) is one of the best examples of a "furry" animated film, although I acknowledge it's hard to sit through today given its brand of humor.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 12:34:01 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #681 on: February 20, 2008, 01:01:47 AM »
What? Robin Hood is awesome.
That was a joke.

« Reply #682 on: February 20, 2008, 03:14:49 AM »
Yeah that was a good one.

There's just something that doesn't sit right with a few users here about art like that. =/

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #683 on: February 20, 2008, 09:44:33 AM »
What's with the "furry art lovers are getting hated on" attitude? No one has said one negative thing about furry anything. Also I remember enjoying that Robin Hood cartoon when I was really young.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #684 on: February 20, 2008, 09:59:42 AM »
I always found it hilarious that the chicken at the beginning of the movie was able to whistle.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #685 on: February 20, 2008, 11:06:12 AM »
I primarily liked the film because of Sir Hiss and Prince John's laugh. That's why I kept the film. As a kid I loved it. As an adult I twitch a little at some of the humor, but the characters still look and sound as great as ever (and again, there's some character voiced by Pat Buttram, love that warbling voice of his, it's so distinct and unusual). Also liked Robin Hood dressed as a fortune teller (looked surprisingly good). Recently found out that the whistling song at the beginning, Whistle Stop, is actually the Hamster Dance song when sped up. That's probably old knowledge by now though.

And for TEM, I intentionally tried not to lash back because I'm really tired of the arguments against furries. I don't even know what kind of a furry I am, if I even am one. Sure, there are certain parts of furry I find weird. I've seen both light and extreme examples. But if it's true that most people group "furry" into one kind of people, instead of the many subcultures that exist for it (assuming I'm correct about what furry is), then that's an issue. Doesn't stop me from occasionally laughing at furry jokes though. I still can't believe I misread one joke from "Futurama" though. Everyone's in an alternate universe of some sort, Fry and others check out some room that men would be interested in, Leela's disgusted and decides to walk into some other room, which happens to be "Filthy Chatroom". For some reason I misread it as "Furry Chatroom", and I was so sure it said that until I saw the episode a second time.

Anyway, enough of that. Another one of my wallpapers was the artpiece at the end of Episode 1 of the DOS game "Jazz Jackrabbit". Jazz has just finished Medivo, he's giving a thumbs-up to the player. You know, I could have sworn there was a secret artpiece where Jazz and Devan Shell are playing poker, Devan pointing a gun at Jazz from under the table. I recall getting that when completing the first episode on some difficulty, then completing it again on an easier difficulty. Maybe you get it when completing on Tough difficulty.
You didn't say wot wot.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #686 on: February 20, 2008, 11:30:02 AM »
Dang it, now I want to go back and play the first Jazz Jackrabbit again. I finished the entirety of the sequel multiple times with both characters, but I never had the full version of the original, so I played through Diamondus, Tubelectric, and Medivo way too many times (and then did it again in that episode of JJ2).

Jman

• Score
« Reply #687 on: February 20, 2008, 11:32:27 AM »
Recently found out that the whistling song at the beginning, Whistle Stop, is actually the Hamster Dance song when sped up. That's probably old knowledge by now though..

Yes, and I can't stand it.  It's only a matter of time before someone decides to mess up Bohemian Rhapsody with a remix or sample it on a rap song.  That is when I must kill.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #688 on: February 20, 2008, 11:36:04 AM »
Yes, and I can't stand it.  It's only a matter of time before someone decides to mess up Bohemian Rhapsody with a remix or sample it on a rap song.  That is when I must kill.
Well, the other really good Queen song I like, Under Pressure, was already screwed around with. I don't think Queen will be 0 for 2.
What's with the "furry art lovers are getting hated on" attitude? No one has said one negative thing about furry anything.
Not in this thread, no, but in one or two other threads, certain users' sigs, etc. I feel when the topic pops up, the aggressive haters will come in and just be annoying.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #689 on: February 20, 2008, 01:15:16 PM »
I heard a rap remix of Another One Bites the Dust a while back. So much for not being 0 for 2...

Print