Print

Author Topic: Wallpapers you have used  (Read 260634 times)

« Reply #870 on: February 20, 2010, 08:27:28 PM »
WarpRattler's Wet Dream:

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #871 on: February 20, 2010, 09:05:08 PM »
Ugh. No, I like having space on my hard drive and desktop.

That said, I can identify six games there that I have installed: Utawarerumono (a strategy RPG/eroge), Battle Moon Wars (an all-ages doujin Super Robot Wars clone/parody/homage involving TYPE-MOON characters), Fate/stay night, Fate/hollow ataraxia, CROSS†CHANNEL (the game NANACA†CRASH's characters came from), and Sengoku Rance (a wargame/eroge). I'm also surprised by the non-presence of certain highly-popular titles, such as Ever 17 (unless the Japanese version has a different icon, which is entirely possible; Ever 17 is an all-ages visual novel) and Tsukihime (as well as its sequels).

« Reply #872 on: February 21, 2010, 02:04:16 PM »
I think the guy from "No More Heroes" wants your computer.

I did have this cute National Geographic one of a cheetah with her cub.

But now I'm using this wallpaper of Kevin and Carl from "Up". I've had bluish wallpapers for a while now, so it's refreshing to have something with a bit of color in it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 02:05:57 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #873 on: February 21, 2010, 06:54:55 PM »
"the guy"  :(

WeeGee's pic is the first I've seen in this thread (besides me) actually using their desktop. If your desktop has empty space, you're doing it wrong.

« Reply #874 on: February 21, 2010, 07:14:31 PM »
You say that as though the average PC owner downloads every other program offered to them online. I haven't installed a single computer game since SNES9X became [almost] obsolete due to the Wii's Virtual Console, and I don't utilize any programs besides iTunes, IE and MS Works enough to warrant making shortcuts for them.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:59:15 PM by Weegee »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #875 on: February 21, 2010, 07:58:30 PM »
I have a dock so I can start programs without minimizing other programs. So, I don't have a full desktop.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #876 on: February 21, 2010, 09:18:32 PM »
I keep all my programs within those two folders on the desktop.

Do keep in mind that my netbook's normal resolution is 1024x600, not the 1280x960 displayed in these pictures (taken with the netbook outputting video to an external monitor). Between games and utilities, I'd have 123 more icons on my desktop than I do by keeping everything within those two folders, which would be downright impossible at the built-in monitor's resolution.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #877 on: February 21, 2010, 10:42:01 PM »
SNES9X became obsolete due to the Wii's Virtual Console
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #878 on: February 21, 2010, 11:13:15 PM »
Well there's always SNES9xGX.
Or you could own a real cartridge. (teehee)
That was a joke.

« Reply #879 on: February 21, 2010, 11:31:17 PM »
"the guy"  :(
Okay, fine, Travis Touchdown. Don't have a bovine.

And Ness is right. SNES9X is not obsolete. ...and I don't think ZSNES is either.

But I will throw my head into a trash compactor if Nintendo puts "Mr. Nutz" onto the Virtual Console. I played that recently and... it sucked. It's unfairly tough, it's the only version of the game to lack passwords (unless you put in a cheat to fake your way through it), you can barely find any info on it. I really want AVGN to review it, but he doesn't have the game, so... someone send him that cart, please.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 11:37:33 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #880 on: February 21, 2010, 11:43:43 PM »
I'd put ZSNES at less obsoleteness than SNES9x. But it's been a while since I've used either (since I own real games)
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #881 on: February 22, 2010, 07:49:21 AM »
I had JNES. *Shrugs*
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #882 on: February 22, 2010, 11:21:32 AM »
That isn't a SNES emulator.
That was a joke.

« Reply #883 on: February 22, 2010, 10:15:46 PM »
Alright; fine. Aside from a handful of otherwise-unplayable SNES gems, there's little reason for an emulator to be hogging data or memory or whatever on our decade-old computer.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #884 on: February 22, 2010, 11:35:28 PM »
The term you're looking for is "hard drive space" and it's probably taking up like 10MB max.
That was a joke.

Print