Print

Author Topic: something important...  (Read 5372 times)

« on: December 30, 2000, 09:05:25 PM »
mario can't last forever.There are other things coming.Like pokemon for instance.The reason you hate it is because it's new.I myself am a pokemon fan and I like it because it's original!I'll probally be flogged for this!But old things go and new ones come.Nintendo has to make new games to keep up.At one point in time mario was new!Make all the remarks you want!I don't care!

~That's no moon,that's a space  station.~

Edited by - black44 on 12/31/2000 4:44:07 PM

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2000, 10:06:28 PM »
-This space for rent-

There used to be a message here, but it wasn't very nice.  I deleted it.  Sorry for the inconvenience...

Edited by - Hinopio on 12/30/2000 8:51:51 PM
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2000, 10:10:53 PM »
ps, nice signature ; )
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2000, 11:59:23 AM »
People will be playing and enjoying "Mario" games after they've forgotten what "Pokémon" even means.  "Mario" is a time-tested series with an enormous following, and I'm confident this current dip in quality is only temporary.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman
A true fan of Mario
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2001, 08:33:43 AM »
I take back what I said.I salute you mega2!

~That's no moon,that's a space station!~black44

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2001, 03:04:07 PM »
MARIO WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN! Mario is a video-game icon (like Michael Jordan is to the NBA)! You never forget an icon, just like you never forget Michael Jordan! MARIO AND NINTENDO ARE THE ALL-TIME BEST!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2001, 09:46:09 PM »
Yeah I hate to break the news but Nintendo reported slightly decreased sales on Pokemon items over the holidays. At least, that's what I heard. My mom works at a school and she says that none of the kids there talk about Pokemon at all any more.

I look at it this way. The concept of Pokemon as a game is not a terrible one, but it is one that doesn't leave many directions for the future. You can add a few new types and call that a good reason to make a new game, but I don't buy into that cheapo mentality. I think its a corporate sell-out really.

At least Mario has *some* semblance of a story beyond simply a generic character catching small animals and teaching them tricks. That's all I'm saying on this flame-war fodder.

James

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2001, 06:39:59 AM »
ya know my virgo friend? (look at the zodiac wheel letter) hes a pokenut to (at the moment im trying to convert him to mario before its to late and with no avail too)
note: after black44 revealed this he was banned from the message board just kiddin

Edited by - marionut#1 on 2/2/2001 5:02:50 AM
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2001, 01:53:51 PM »
Pokemon is just a fad which will soon die out, if it hasn't already. Mario is like those old mascot characters in which you can easily get rid of. So I bet he'll still be around al long as the big N continues to make games, thank goodness.

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2001, 03:54:55 PM »
Please.  Pokemon is just another stupid fad.  Remember Power Rangers?  Alanis Morisette?  Pogs?  Or how about wearing your pants backwards?  Those were all "hip" and "new" too, and they've all just disappeared.

Mario is forever.

-----------------------

"Mama mia!"
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2001, 03:58:43 PM »
it's kinda like sonic with the sega...he's been around since the genesis days, and he'll be going...out...when...sega kills the dreamcast...nevermind, bad example

(enter a witty comment or phrase here)
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

n/a

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2002, 04:12:16 PM »
Exactly one year ago to the day, DaFunkser posted here.

Go hang a salami! I''''''''m a lasagna hog!

NOT edited by - n/a on 2/3/2002 10:50:52 AM

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2002, 05:32:30 PM »
I actually liked Pokemon. It was a great! RPG. But then they had all these extra games. Some of witch where ok. I was exited about Gold. But after playing it for a while I started to miss Blue. I may not be as big of a fan as I used to be. But I still say it was a great RPG.

(I have returned.)

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2002, 06:24:47 PM »
Pokemon was a fad but now it has become a nintendo mascot it was in super smash bros. (melee)and only nintendo charictrers who will last are in that game as for Mario he will last untill the epocolips or the death of nintendo which ever comes first probobly the epoicolips

hehehe money money money $$$$$$
hehehe money money money $$$$$$

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2002, 06:31:40 PM »
I wonder what would happen if Siringu Miyamayto Dies??

NO THAT WOULD BE A NIGHTMARIO
Hello.

Print