Poll

Which cartoon do you hate? You may choose 2.

Spongebob Squarepants
6 (10.2%)
Danny Phantom
10 (16.9%)
Pokemon
6 (10.2%)
Camp Lazlo
10 (16.9%)
Billy and Mandy
5 (8.5%)
Codename: Kids Next Door
9 (15.3%)
Japanese Anime
3 (5.1%)
Other
10 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Print

Author Topic: What are your dumbest cartoons?  (Read 33472 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2006, 11:07:41 AM »
I don't really like any of Pokemon, and it's not because of the show.
But yeah, the Pokemon show is about one of the worst things to judge the entirety of anime with. It isn't a good representation of the whole.

I like/hate how people call stating fiction as fact "opinions." Saying all anime is bad just because Pokemon is bad isn't an opinion, that's just bad reasoning.
I'm going to go ahead and question Nintendo Bros.' intelligence while I'm at it.
That was a joke.

« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2006, 11:11:24 AM »
Again, that is my opinion, but you don't have to question me or hate me just beacause I have bad fact opinions. Now I will hit Pikachu with a hammer.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2006, 11:15:02 AM »
It isn't as if all anime is one show. There are lots of different series which can be good or bad, somewhat like American cartoons. How you cannot understand this is beyond me.
I feel that this post was unnecessary.
That was a joke.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2006, 11:17:03 AM »
I remember third grade, and getting so obsessed with the show that I would throw a tantrum if I didn't get right home from school to watch it  I was such a jerk!  I wish I could apologize to everyone I ever bothered because of that.  Mostly my parents.  At least by fourth grade, I distinctly remember not minding that I was missing episodes, because I was lying in the back of the car, and my mom said, "Don't you realize that you're missing Pokemon?"  And I said, "Oh, I guess it doesn't matter that much anymore."  What a dumb kid I was!  At least I got emotional over things that don't deserve that much emotion, which was dumb.  Dumb Dumb Dumb, I was.  I'm sorry, this distasteful picture I am painting of myself must bother you.

Anyway, Pokemon the show is for younger children.  You can tell by the sweet, sappy things they say all the time.  If you're not a young child, you probably wouldn't be watching it.  Of course, some adults prefer that childlike innocence cartoons...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 11:18:52 AM by Markio »
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2006, 11:22:28 AM »
It isn't as if all anime is one show. There are lots of different series which can be good or bad, somewhat like American cartoons. How you cannot understand this is beyond me.
I feel that this post was unnecessary.

Okay, just stop fighting. Mind your own buisness. You are not running this poll, aren't you?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2006, 11:28:03 AM »
I missed a fight?
* Markio drops nunchaku and slumps away sadly

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2006, 11:47:47 AM »
I myself like anime. But not pokemon, It's too you know what. Anything else is not predictible.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2006, 12:22:54 PM »
Fighting? My goodness, I didn't see a fight anywhere around these parts.
That was a joke.

« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2006, 01:23:02 PM »
Oh, he's just saying that because he knows he's been cornered. :)

I also know he didn't read ANY of the links I gave him before, because I know BOTH of them talk about it being okay to form opinions about anime but also say other stuff. He just skipped them as well as my post and just thinks I'm trying to fight him by telling me he could have his opinions.

So, now that I know I can't get through to him by linking to him stuff I now know he won't read, I must copy and paste excerpts of both of those posts in this post so the lazy stubborn ignorant childish Nintendo Bros. can finally see what I'm trying to tell him. :D

Quote from: Vidgmchtr
If you don't like anime that's fine but if you say "anime is horrible its just all magic and robots fighting and crap" try ACTUALLY WATCHING SOME ANIME THAT IS ACTUALLY GOOD before you can form an opinion on it.

Pokémon (the show) fits into that "crap" part.

Quote from: MadRhetoric
It's amazing to me how someone can judge such a vast amount of animation and comics by a few poorly imported shows seen while channel surfing. Anime and manga is such a vast genre (if I dare use such a limiting word such as genre on it) Some are very good, some very bad, some mature, some immature, on all different kinds of subjects. Sci-fi, historical, fantasy, reality. Contrary to [your] belief, not all anime are about small monsters. Most, infact, completely lack small monsters.

So, you CAN not like anime, that's just fine. Just don't imply that you're an expert on the matter when basing generalizations off of JUST ONE SHOW that isn't that good.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2006, 01:53:10 PM »
Oh, he's just saying that because he knows he's been cornered. :)

I also know he didn't read ANY of the links I gave him before, because I know BOTH of them talk about it being okay to form opinions about anime but also say other stuff. He just skipped them as well as my post and just thinks I'm trying to fight him by telling me he could have his opinions.

So, now that I know I can't get through to him by linking to him stuff I now know he won't read, I must copy and paste excerpts of both of those posts in this post so the lazy stubborn ignorant childish Nintendo Bros. can finally see what I'm trying to tell him. :D

Pokémon (the show) fits into that "crap" part.

So, you CAN not like anime, that's just fine. Just don't imply that you're an expert on the matter when basing generalizations off of JUST ONE SHOW that isn't that good.

You think this is funny, stupid [bundle of sticks]? I read the links you gave me, I JUST DON'T [censored] CARE! I don't like anime, is that so hard to except?!? By the way, for the person who aprt Animation Hater on my Avatar, I LKIE CARTOONS, BUT NOT ANIME, NOW STOP [URINATING] ME OFF!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 03:04:05 PM by Suffix »

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2006, 01:55:04 PM »
I was just thinking.... if anime is so diverse, why do they call it all anime?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2006, 02:12:04 PM »
Swearing is not the way out of arguments in this board, Nintendo Bros. Oh, wait, I'm wrong. It's the way out of the board. I can't say I'll miss this conversation if that happens, though.
Anyway, my dumbest cartoon is probably the Armless Elf Cop. I could've done better voices...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2006, 02:56:09 PM »
And the dynamite has exploded.

You think this is funny
Actually, now that I think about it, I do. :D

I read the links you gave me
I find that very hard to believe.

I don't like anime, is that so hard to except?!?
Again, SOLID CONCRETE PROOF that you did NOT read my post. I said you can dislike it if you wanted to. I "except" it just fine. :D

By the way, for the person who aprt Animation Hater on my Avatar, I LKIE CARTOONS, BUT NOT ANIME, NOW STOP ****ING ME OFF!
What a nice thing to say to a person who can ban you from the message board.

Now that you've finally blown up at me I can see that you ACTUALLY ARE the ignoramus I've thought of you to be when I first saw you coming here.

Oh, and I'm sure Sapphira would LOVE to see the harsh language you implied.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 03:01:38 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2006, 03:03:38 PM »
Hehe, you won't have the CT "Animation hater" much longer if you talk to mods like that...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 03:06:41 PM by solidmushroom »

« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2006, 03:06:56 PM »
I was just thinking.... if anime is so diverse, why do they call it all anime?

If books are so diverse, why do they call them all books?
200 characters and nothing to say.

Print