Print

Author Topic: Yoshi's Island  (Read 4813 times)

Bow

« on: April 15, 2001, 09:55:52 AM »
Have you ever noticed that in every extra level you have to be green yoshi? When you get to the end-of-level ring green yoshi tosses baby mario to another green yoshi. That's odd.
Edited 734 years ago by Bow

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2001, 02:09:22 PM »
lol i notcied. its really weird. why cant you be the blue yoshi? :-(
"Timmay!"

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2001, 09:54:52 PM »
What's LOL?
Lizards' Orange Lamps?
With enough soap, you can blow nearly everything up.

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2001, 09:40:27 AM »
One of the few I know, it means Laughing Out Loud (i think).

You think ya somethin more/ya so supafly/blind to the fact youre blind/youre so empty inside/its hard for me to get this thru to you/blind to the fact ya blind.
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2001, 10:26:08 AM »
there's also other terms like ttyl (talk to you later), brb (be right back), rotfl (rolling on the floor laughing), bl (belly laugh), and wysiwyg (what you see is what you get).

The one thing that puzzles me about Yoshi's Island is why they decided to make Mario go "Hey!" whenever he's in a bubble. That's not even the sound of a baby crying. It's someone who's saying "Hey! Catch me now! I don't have all day! I'll keep yelling until you catch me!" Come to think of it, there have been many characters that have said Hey! like Navi. Tough to say which of the two is more annoying :-)

May Yoshi live long and prosper...
Oh, and may PenguinWizard have the same treatment.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2001, 01:43:37 PM »
Mario says, "Hey!" on your Yoshi's Island?  That's weird.  He cries on mine, and it's definetly a baby's cry.

Do you by chance live in Europe or somewhere else other than N. America, penginwizard? Maybe they made it differently where you live.
--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2001, 02:31:13 PM »
I'm in North America, and if you listen, you will clearly hear him say "Hey!" Ok, so maybe it is a baby cry. But it sounds too much like "Hey!" to be so. Maybe he's saying "Wah!" I don't know, but whatever it is, it's annoying. It's good that Baby Mario didn't pop up in Yoshi's Story, but Yoshi's constant humming to keep himself "happy" was enough to make it even worse than Baby Mario.

If all I had to do was stay happy to get back some lame tree, I wouldn't be humming some tune the entire way. I wouldn't hum as I do everything either. I'd just walk on through, smack the enemies out of my way, then beat Baby Bowser, the end, chapter over.

btw, in a little preview Nintendo Power once had for the original Yoshi's Island, they taunted Baby Bowser by saying something along the lines of "does Bowsie want his blanket?" In my opinion, Bowsie is a better name than Baby Bowser. It would also irritate him more if we called him that.

May Yoshi live long and prosper...
Oh, and may PenguinWizard have the same treatment.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2001, 12:56:54 PM »
How come baby mario is in mario golf and mario tennis, and D.K. J.R. and why is baby bowzer in mario partys 1, 2 and 3 why, why?

Would you like to buy a star?

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2001, 05:06:17 PM »
KinopioToad, I have no real explanations for Baby Mario and DK JR, other than Nintendo just wanted to include them.  I can't think of a good storyline with them.

But, as for Baby Bowser in the Mario Parties, hows this: Baby Bowser is the EIGHTH koopa kid, recently delivered by the stork.  So now there's Roy, Ludwig, Larry, Wendy, Morton, Iggy, Lemmy, and Bowser Jr!

Okay, that's a stretch, but it's possible.
--Roy Koopa

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2001, 05:19:48 PM »
That's the way I see it.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2001, 06:49:49 PM »
RoyKoopa, you could be right...

Would you like to buy a star?

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2001, 07:46:56 PM »
Really?  Cool!
--Roy Koopa

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2001, 12:42:43 PM »
It's obvious that Baby Mario is screaming "Hey! Hey! Hey!"
BTW Do you guys know that there is a way to lose Baby Mario without losing time? I happened to me in "Go! Go Mario!" Right as the star power ran out, I go hit by one of those flying wigglers and lost Mario, but my time limit did not run out.

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2001, 11:23:18 AM »
I think in the extra levels the "end ring"
is a teleporter. Yoshi throws Mario and is teleported out of the ring and catches Mario. It looks like Yoshi is still in the ring but it's really only a ghostly image of him still in the teleporter ring...ok???????

The one and only Mario Sister!
The one and only Mario Sister!

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2001, 03:21:44 PM »
About Baby Mario and Donkey Kong Jr., I have nothing to say about the monkey, but here's my Baby Mario theory:

There must be some glitch in time (I suspect it is one of Mad Scienstein's experiments), and a baby version of Mario came out of a time machine, and ends up with Mario and friends.

Question:  How are they going to get him back to his rightful time?

Only someone will remain as the true Nintendo mascot.  That someone is Mario.  Go, Mario, Go!

Edited by - Agustín Huambachano on 6/1/2001 2:26:40 PM
Agustín, The Sage Of Fungus.

''Nuff Said.

Print