Print

Author Topic: I miss the Koopa Kids  (Read 3982 times)

« on: April 19, 2001, 11:28:58 PM »
Does anyone else really miss the Koopa Kids?  I thought they were cool, but we haven't seen them since Mario is Missing, I think, and that's not even a "real" Mario game.  I still draw them and use them in stories, but it pains me that they aren't in the games anymore.  What are your thoughts?

And, also, which of the seven did you like best.  I gotta go with Roy, obviously.

By the way, I'm new here.  Pleased to meet ya!
--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2001, 02:24:58 PM »
I definitley miss the Koopa Kids.  It's kind of sad though, I really don't think these guys are going to make a come-back.  Here's hoping they're back and badder than ever on GameCube!

Anyway, Lemmy is by far, the coolest Koopa Kid.  Look at him in the Super Mario World manual, he looks like a drunk *******! :D  Gotta love the tribal war paint, too.

-----------------------

"Mama mia!"

=ßïllý ¢hîll¥=
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2001, 03:02:20 PM »
We all miss the Koopa Kids!

I think they were last in "Yoshi's Safari" (unless you count the baby Bowser in "Yoshi's Island") as a Koopa Kid).  I haven't played it, but it doesn't seem to be too popular among "Mario." fans.

My favorite is Ludwig (Kooky in the show).

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2001, 05:19:20 PM »
Yeah, they were cool. Iggy.

You think ya somethin more/ya so supafly/blind to the fact youre blind/youre so empty inside/its hard for me to get this thru to you/blind to the fact ya blind.
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2001, 09:53:15 PM »
My favorite is Lemmy.

The tribal war paint thingy is cool, too.

As for his picture in the manual, I thought that it was silly. But because of that silly pose, it somehow made me admire him more than the rest. Then again, I was a kid back then. Silly stuff grabs your attention.

But because of it, Lemmy remains my favorite.

I do share the opinion that the Koopa Kids may never come back, but some recent developments cause me to think otherwise. In any case, the Koopa Kids will come back for at least one more round, since there have been rumors of a SMB3 for Game Boy Advance.

However, the chances of Nintendo bringing back the Koopa Kids seem unlikely. Even although they did remember to bring the classic Zelda theme to Zelda Majora's Mask. It's like the other things we've seen. SOM2 was a good game in Japan, yet it never made way to the US. Fara was a good character in the Star Fox comics, and we'll likely never see her in any upcoming Star Fox games.

You can still see the Koopa Kids in all their glory though. There's some good websites, like Lemmy's Land, and there's even a site that includes downloads of the original cartoons. So they're still around in the world of today. In shadow, perhaps, but they're waiting for their chance to once again hit the big time.

May Yoshi live long and prosper...
Oh, and may PenguinWizard have the same treatment.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2001, 09:13:43 AM »
Iggy...Duh! Heh! Fara has been in a game, Starfox 2, which was released in Japan only,and never came here to the us...Though I've heard rumors of Nintendo making a new SFX game...Maybe Fara will join in!

Its me! That silly willy Koopa!

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2001, 10:20:36 AM »
Iggy Koopa, I find it hard to believe that Fara is in the Japanese Star Fox 2. I just don't think what you're saying is true. If perhaps you got some proof, then I might believe you. Getting proof will be like getting news of new GameCube games, though.

I think when it comes to some of my other favorite Koopalings, Morton Jr. and Roy come to mind. Don't ask me why these two are also near the top of my list. As for Iggy (Hop in the cartoons), well, that's different. I did like how Hip and Hop acted near the beginning of the episode A Little Learning. If only they told Koopa of a loophole in his plan (that since lying is an excellent trait, Hip and Hop would go to school anyway), then that might make Koopa rethink his approach!

May Yoshi live long and prosper...
Oh, and may PenguinWizard have the same treatment.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2001, 04:14:55 PM »
I personally thought "A Little Learning" was surprisingly deep for a childrens' cartoon show.

Mega 2
Mega 2

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2001, 04:53:00 PM »
which person who played SMB3,SMW,Yoshi's Safari, or the awful Mario is Missing,misss the Koopa Kids, proboly no one. They were awsome!Maybe semi-easy but cool.My favorites are Morton J.R.(my last name, my friends used to call me Morton Koopa J.R.)the twins,and Roy's cool.Heck, they all rule!Long live the koopa kids!

Would you like to buy a star?

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2001, 05:21:48 PM »
Yes, Its true. Fara is in Starfox 2. Only in the battle or practice modes. (I'm not sure) But she gives you tips and stuff during practice or battle mode. I've seen screen shots. I'll post em as soon as I find them again...

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2001, 05:37:04 PM »
I miss the Koopa Kids too.
My favorite was Morton Koopa Jr.

Now I'm gonna make a monkey out of you.
Now I''m gonna make a monkey out of you.

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2001, 10:05:49 PM »
I miss stoping on their little heads and taking their wands and yoshi eggs and...
Sorry, I dozed off.  Yeah I miss them, too.

I'm that little mushroom retainer nobody cares about.
I'm that little mushroom retainer nobody cares about.

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2001, 10:25:41 AM »
Because I've recently downloaded another video at DSMS, now my favorite Koopalings in order from who I like the most (Lemmy) to who I like the least (Wendy) is as follows:

1. Lemmy
2. Ludwig
3. Morton Jr. (really tough to decide there)
4. Roy
5. Larry
6. Iggy
7. Wendy

Also, I've been hearing rumors that Fara is in a Star Fox anime show. If that is true, and you have any proof (or rather, any media of Fara that doesn't come from the comics), please tell me about it!
I may hate anime, but I'll give an exception to a Star Fox show any day.

It''s hard to save the world when you''re a penguin in wizard clothing.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2001, 10:09:06 PM »
Hey Deezer! So I see that your favorite Koopaling is Lemmy too! That's good!

But what do you think about Ludwig? Try downloading the "Oh, Brother" movie from DSMS (found in my 'Slinx' page under Mario Cartoons at http://penguinwizard.tripod.com/links.htm) if you're unsure.

It''s hard to save the world when you''re a penguin in wizard clothing.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2002, 11:40:42 AM »
I miss them too!

Ludwig Von Koopa:HA HA HA we will get you Mario,Luigi,and Yoshi!!! Bowser:I plan you dont! Ludwig:sorry got over my shell. Ludwig:I get carried away scnce im the strongest Koopa kid! Note: Im also SuperYoshi7175 as well as Ludwig Von Koopa.
Ludwig Von Koopa:HA HA HA we will get you Mario,Luigi,and Yoshi!!! Bowser:I plan you dont! Ludwig:sorry got over my shell. Ludwig:I get carried away scnce im the strongest Koopa kid! Note: Im also SuperYoshi7175 as well as Ludwig Von Koopa.

Print