Print

Author Topic: MST3k talks a bunch about the bros.!  (Read 3504 times)

« on: April 20, 2001, 09:30:29 PM »
Yes,Yes, my faverite TV show! (Well, now that is, I used to like TAOSMB3,and SMBSS, yet I still do...) Not just in Parts: The Clonus Horror episode mentions the Mario, but in Prince of Space, towards the beginging of the film, a man is talking,and Crow (One of the bots if you don't know) Says:

Ok, how about this...2 Italians dodge barrels and mushrooms thrown by an ape!

It seems like Donkey Kong, with bad Mushrooms and Luigi joining in! Heh...I've seen Mario Refrences in "Tiny Toons". A fake commerical thigny appears and says:

Super Pluckio Bros! Save Princes Shirley and restore peace in Fungus Land!

Mushroom,Fungus, Shirley, Peach,Plucky,and Mario,can we all get along! I'll tell you when more Refrences come, even though its on the list of refrences already! ^_~

Its me! That silly willy Koopa!

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2001, 12:07:44 AM »
Iggy! It'd your bro, Roy!  What's up, man? ;)

Anyway, I've noticed a couple of other MST3K Mario references, though I can't remember the exact episode...

In one movie, a guy kinda looked like Mario (except he was bald).  Mike said early on, "It's Super Mario!" and then every time that guy was on, he would do the SMB underground music!  I cracked up!

Later, another character asks Mario-guy if he saw his new car.  Mike replies for Mario-guy, "Yeah, I parked Yoshi right next to it."  Ha!

I also caught that one in "Prince of Space."   Man I love that show...
--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2001, 08:38:27 AM »
i've seen lots of em. What did the episode look like? It sounds familiar... I saw an early comedy central episode where a guy that says "Hey, its me Mario,remember me?",and Joel would say "Yeah, its me, Luigi!". I LMAO!

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2001, 10:32:22 AM »
Yes, Mystery Science Theater 3000 makes a lot of references to different things.

If anyone has any video clips or sounds of these Mario references in action, please tell me where I can find them!

btw, I remember seeing Prince of Space on that show once. I don't remember the Mario reference, but if it's the same episode I'm thinking of, then I remember the witty comment (that isn't a reference to anything, but it's still funny) where this dead guy was on a screen and Joel, or Crow, said "He died with a booger on his forehead."

That cracked me up.

May Yoshi live long and prosper...
Oh, and may PenguinWizard have the same treatment.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2001, 04:12:12 PM »
As I mentioned before on this board, Crow points out the similarity between one of the evil scientists in "Parts: The Clonus Horror" and Mario.

"I've got Yoshi parked on seven."

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2001, 05:16:22 PM »
Blooper Penguin Wizard! Mike has been ont he show since 1993, Joel has never been on Sci Fi. (Except for an appearance during a segement in episode 1001, Soultaker) So Mike or Crow said that! I luv confuessing people! I saw a show once, I forgott which (I think Full House, Boy Meets World, or Step by Step) where this guy says "I feel like i'm Super Mario..."...

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2001, 07:52:58 PM »
WOW! I hope I get to see those MTS3K eps. I've seen Mario refrences, I used to watch Muppet Babies (when I was LITTLE okay?) and I remember Gonzo was in a Super Mario Bros. like game, he was dressed as a red plumber. In Nickelodeon's "Doug", it didn't menchion Mario, but Doug got a Super Pretendo and in The Powerpuff Girls they were playing with a Nintendo 64. Neat huh? I think in South Park, Cartman once said "Where is the Nintendo?". So many Mario and Nintendo refferences. I also remember at school, I wacth some stupid movie about electric power, but once thing cought my eye, a kid was playing Super Mario Brosthers! And in my 6th grade Math book it had 2 screenshots from Super Mario 64! Best math book I ever had!

I am Yoshi, I am Great, Therfore making me, Yoshi the Great
I am Yoshi, I am Great, Therfore making me, Yoshi the Great

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2001, 07:56:33 PM »
I think there's a thing for the parody called Super Pretendo because that was used for the title of that one Muppet Babies episode as well as that little console in that one Doug episode. In the Doug episode, it was some sort of space game. I forget what it was called. Something like Spacemunks. Doug spent his whole weekend trying to beat it, hehe.

As for the Muppet Babies episode, they had several references to Nintendo. For one, we get to see Piggy in a shot as well as a very pixelated Mario. And Piggy somehow gets Mario to jump out of her way.

Donkey Kong was replaced by some dragon guy.

Other references include Track & Field (for Skeeter and Scooter), Frogger (with Kermit), Stacks (Fozzy, i don't know how you'd play it though), that one game with the plane vehicle thingies, Legend of Zelda, which is parodied by being called the Legend of Mafelda, and some others.

So many references to Nintendo. Maybe TV has run out of ideas!

May Yoshi live long and prosper...
Oh, and may PenguinWizard have the same treatment.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2001, 08:26:32 PM »
wow! I saw that like, a decade ago! And I remeber that blue dude, who I think was Garbonzo was dressed in green, and was all flat,like 8 bit, walking around. I remember the Kermit the frog Frogger thingy,and then a Donkey Kong game!

The funniest SMB/DK paraody I ever saw was on Tiny Toons, where Plucky was dressed up in red shirt/green overalls! I heard the SMB music in the backround,and like these things,which Speilburg thought to make it look like a Koopa Troopa, was like a vampire Koopa Troopa,and Buzzy Beetles, oversized chasing after him! And at the end it said "Beg,scream,hurt your parents for Super Pluckio Bros!". It was funny... I had a dream once...it went like this...

I suddenly appear in Red Overalls, and wearing a blue shirt. I look like i'm in an 8-bit game,and its the night backround. I see GREEN PARATROOPAS and Goombas! Well, after going to bowser and stuff,and saving Princess Apple (Yes, that was her name) I woke up as she kissed me...

A couple years later I dreamed I was in Doki Doki Panic! Wow! Though I woke up when Wart killed me...

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2001, 10:45:35 PM »
Yeah, I remember one shot of Super Pluckio Brothers where it showed a brief shot of Plucky scared out of his wits before abruptly going back to the expression-less dopey look. I knew how intentional that was!
I don't know why, but it was funny for me.

And at the end of the Pluckio commercial, the narrator guy said something like the price for it was $999.99, game and instructions not included.

If the Playstation series keeps rising its console prices like that, it will feel like Pluckio Brothers at one point or another.

btw, which nickname do you like better for Plucky? Pluckio, Plucko, or Pluck?

Peaceful penguins, demented dragons and growling griffins, oh my.
You didn't say wot wot.

Link

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2001, 03:51:36 PM »
I don't remember any of the Mario Bros. in any of the MST3K episodes. Are you sure your not making this up?

The Triforce Protector

Print