Print

Author Topic: Club Nintendo Rewards!  (Read 30514 times)

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2012, 06:26:50 PM »
Upon closer inspection, I change my indifference to the design of the playing cards to a general liking; I've got no idea what makes them so hideous in anyone's eyes.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 06:36:32 PM »
I find they look too busy.

EDIT: I just ordered the Hanafuda cards (not the playing cards), so the issue isn't with my address.

EDIT 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: I can't get it to work in Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Firefox.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:40:19 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2012, 11:44:45 AM »
Those playing cards look AWESOME.

I got Majora's Mask on VC for my reward.
Relics.

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2012, 02:27:22 PM »
Things have finally been sorted out. It turns out the account I made on my mom's behalf was set as the family administrator, so I had to log in with that account to redeem the prize.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2012, 03:11:34 PM »
I got the posters... even though I hate the composition of the LM2 one and I've already got the Zelda one in purple from the 25th Anniversary set...

I think Nintendo puts a little too much faith in the idea that we care about how elite-exclusive these things are supposed to be. Nothing in here would've gone for more than maybe 400 coins as a normal reward. It's lame to complain about free stuff but isn't the point to make us rave about how cool Nintendo is?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2012, 07:39:03 PM »
Yeah, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Club Nintendo prizes should be distinguishable from something torn out of a magazine or bought at a novelty shop.

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2012, 08:12:49 PM »
I didn't qualify for Platinum this year and I'm glad I didn't waste my time since those prizes are even lamer than the pin set. Ended up just getting Metroid II since its the only game I didn't have from those prizes.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2012, 08:16:52 PM »
Haha, that's exactly my situation; I owned every game there except for the Metroid one... but honestly, I'd rather have playing cards than pins. I have absolutely no use for the pins other than to see how embarrassed I get when that inevitable first icebreaker slam hits me.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2012, 08:37:13 PM »
I made a thread about Club Nintendo on 4chan and they called me a virgin. ;~;

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2012, 01:27:36 PM »
Hanafuda cards arrived today. They're so itty bitty and kawaii uguu~ :3

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2012, 03:51:54 AM »
It'd be more tempting if the game didn't look like the rehash of the century.

I bet that and a WiiU purchase would be more than enough to qualify for Gold so I might as well do it.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2012, 04:07:48 AM »
I'm actually thinkin' about it. My relationship with handhelds has flipped since I was little; they used to be all about mindless Game & Watch types that could kill short lengths of time, but I had hours of car time and took with me everything I had in a neat little case. And sure, I was happy with Pokémon and Super Mario Advance but if I could have taken a console's share with me, I wouldn't think twice... Now handhelds have things that aren't suited for them any more than for consoles, and I don't even have the initiative to care about what game is in my 3DS when I pocket it in the first place. It's like handheld games and I grew up in completely opposite directions. So I'm starting to see the value of having a lot of smaller-scale games in download form. I really need Game & Watch Gallery 2 back.

What if instead of a port of the Wii U's version, 3DS got a minimized, downloadable Super Smash Bros. with a more clean-cut roster of 15-20 (and no clones or Luigis), and it remembered which character you used last and your match settings even after turning the game off? I'd get both of 'em
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2012, 07:06:13 AM »
Hm... my final decision will be partially influenced by the hit my SD card will take for the download. I don't think I mind terribly much not having a physical copy, otherwise I probably wouldn't be such an avid buyer of Virtual Console titles.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2012, 04:30:00 PM »
I wish Europe had rewards.
Then I had some 3DS VCs for my stars already.

I'm glad my stars didn't expire, not even 1.
My first registration was on 17-1-2011.
There is indeed a lot of junk in the star catalogue, so I hope they will put 3DS VCs or codes for eShop like they did with Wii Points.

Print