Print

Author Topic: The Dog Thread  (Read 30024 times)

« on: June 23, 2007, 10:38:06 AM »
THIS IS NOT A JOKE THREAD.

That being said, this is a thread to discuss man's best friend: dogs. While they may not be an Internet phenomenon(cats, mumble grumble), they've been with us for longer than 15000 years, which makes them a lot better than a cat in the fridge(not saying I don't like cats, just saying dogs are better than that one picture).

So, what kind of dogs do you like? Do you have a favorite breed, or do you prefer mutts? Personally, I like basset retrievers(golden retriever+basset hound, considered a mutt) since that's what my dear Tidbit is. Oh, I love him to bits. ^_^

Also, feel free to discuss your own personal experiences with dogs. :)
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 10:45:21 AM »
I have a black lab/retriever mix. She is one of my best friends in the whole wide world. I don't think I've ever met a more friendly/cute animal.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 10:52:44 AM »
Sweet. :3
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 12:21:57 PM »
I have a mutt.  Part Shepherd.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 12:35:45 PM »
My mom's dog is 50% lab, 25% beagle and 25% baaset. She annoys the crap out of me...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 01:29:43 PM »
My entire life has been spent around Rottweilers. They're great to play with and make good guard dogs, as well as having a large life span.

My current dog hates black people.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 01:45:54 PM »
Racist Dog.... I have a Siberian Husky / Golden Retriever Mix, lot like a black retriever, he's more lab, but he has the same strength, thick fur, and tail like a husky.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 02:20:09 PM »

Oh my. *snerk*

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 02:21:44 PM »
My old dog also did. She always barked at the jogger who would run by every once in a while. He was black. Oh, and she was part rottweiler.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2007, 04:15:34 PM »

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 04:22:20 PM »
Is it genetic that Rottweilers hate black people or something?

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2007, 04:25:25 PM »
I hope this thread reaches 2 pages soon. I don't want to have to look at the picture every time I go to this topic.  :P

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2007, 05:25:59 PM »
That dog looks like its mouth is sewed shut. D:

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2007, 07:47:33 PM »
We're almost to two pages. In the mean time, I'd like to talk to everyone about dogs and how they aren't an annoying internet phenom.

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2007, 08:05:57 PM »
I just read about that dog on the News Channel. Apparently it won title of the World's Ugliest Dog for 2007. Plus, I'd like it if PaperLuigi would quit bringing up how much he hates cats. Seriously, it's getting annoying.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2007, 08:12:26 PM »
They don't get into weird positions that give openings for hilariousness, or perhaps no one ever gets pictures of them at the right time.
Caturday > Dog...ur... never mind.
Put the dog out > Clean the cat box.
Mutts > "This is a pure bred border collie, the most intelligent breed known to mankind et cetera et cetera."
Want to hear Muff's opinions?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2007, 08:24:56 PM »
Mutts rule.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2007, 08:31:26 PM »

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2007, 08:33:13 PM »
...why are you guys doing this? X(
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 08:42:47 PM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2007, 08:33:32 PM »
Haha, the same ugly dog posted by two different mods. Priceless.

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2007, 08:39:29 PM »
I didn't realize until Deezer's pic that those flesh fangs were a tongue.

I'm not sure if that knowledge makes the picture more or less gross than just thinking it was some kind of freakish growth.

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2007, 08:42:04 PM »
Yeah, it's a pretty gross pic. I think it's for the World's Ugliest dog comp. or something. No, I am not making this up. They actually have one of these.

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2007, 08:44:27 PM »
Um.
I just read about that dog on the News Channel. Apparently it won title of the World's Ugliest Dog for 2007.
Anyway, I'm more dog person than cat person. Dogs love to be intimate with their owners (at least mine was). Cats are fine, but they're extremely independent.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 08:53:55 PM by NintendoExpert89 »

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2007, 09:21:45 PM »
*looks at picture* Yikes... I guess that's the sort of face that only a mother could love, huh?

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2007, 09:22:07 PM »

That's not the world's ugliest dog.

This is. (Trust me, there are scary images of him.)
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2007, 10:03:01 PM »
Um.Anyway, I'm more dog person than cat person. Dogs love to be intimate with their owners (at least mine was). Cats are fine, but they're extremely independent.

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2007, 10:17:44 PM »

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2007, 10:34:17 PM »
A live action Underdog movie? Would have done better as a cartoon, methinks.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2007, 10:45:11 PM »
I think so too.  The cartoon was kinda cute.  Will this even have Sweet Polly Purebred?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2007, 11:49:03 PM »
Ya, watch the trailer.

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2007, 11:53:06 PM »

I think I've seen this dog before. Way cuter than your average puppy.

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2007, 07:19:17 AM »
Oh yeah, that dog is the cutest looking dog in the whole world.

I bet he's still nice though, despite looking like that.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2007, 03:46:22 AM »

Every time I see this image I can think of nothing but that it was baked in an oven until golden brown, with seasonings and possibly stuffing. I wonder if that would be legal... I mean, you eat chicken and beef, which is totally legal. One could treat a chicken or cow as a pet and be attached to it.
When I look over my post, I think of fuzzy taking vegetables for a walk or something like that... And that's not normal.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2007, 05:07:34 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's legal. Info on the intertubes was scarce, but I didn't see any laws against it in the US. It does seem to be extremely taboo here, though. They do eat a lotta dog in China. Pretty much purely cultural. I mean, we eat cows left and right and that's a huge no-no in Hinduism.

I wouldn't have anything against eating a dog if served some.

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2007, 07:41:13 AM »
I don't think I could ever eat a dog. No matter how tasty the meat may be.

Same goes for cat meat (if they even serve it).

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2007, 04:21:49 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty callous towards the "sacredness" of bio-organisms. I mean, I'd even try human if presented with an appropriate setting in which to partake.

Curiosity killed the cat, you know.  >:D

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2007, 04:31:52 PM »
You're saying that you're willing to commit cannibalism?  That's illegal, no matter what the circumstances.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2007, 05:06:52 PM »
I have a black lab named Pia. She's really cute and sweet, very friendly. She is, however, a little nervous at times. She's 3 years old at the moment, but she's small and has a puppyish face, so she looks like a puppy. She's also very playful. I might post a pic soon...
We have a secret page!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2007, 05:10:01 PM »
Huh. I was sitting out in the living room (my bedroom was far too hot today) and the dog with the tongue sticking out appeared on the news. I wish I wasn't so zoned out. I really didn't catch what they were saying.

On a rather unrelated note, there was also something on a "Wiimbledon" tournament in Brooklyn, New York. The winner was...a guy dressed up as Luigi. Needless to say, I got a good laugh out of that.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2007, 10:31:38 PM »
You're saying that you're willing to commit cannibalism?  That's illegal, no matter what the circumstances.
I find it hilarious that illegality of all things is what you brought up here.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2007, 01:00:03 AM »
I guess I should clarify which is which. In order from oldest to youngest...

Muff. Terrier, chihuahua and Pomeranian. She's generally the most well-behaved when we have company, enjoys playing fetch the most, and all that. As seen in the video, she "talks," especially when she wants food or someone's just gotten home from anywhere.

Tink. Yorkie, chihuahua and Pomeranian. She's got the most screechy and annoying bark, to the point where it's painful when everyone's trying to get out of the house because of something non-existant... She's fine, but very weird. When someone's on vacation, she's the one who notices, which leads to whining.

Frank. The only male. Same mix as Tink. He's... not very bright, I don't think. He's well-behaved around people, usually, and doesn't make much noise. There was this one time when he, like, crashed into a wall and for a few weeks afterward fake-limped for attention... ha ha ha ha. His body structure is strikingly similar to Tink's--their tails even curl in the same way.

Zorra (like, feminine for Zorro). Same mix as Frank and Tink. She's extremely timid, even around me and my family. She gets her fair share of treats and gets no "abuse" in any way, but she is. You wouldn't see her if you visited. She's good, though, except she steals the ball when Muff and I play fetch. She and Frank actually came from the same litter (and the same mother as Muff and Tink did; that dog has puppies, like, every spring) so it's impossible to tell if she really is younger.

Molly. She was actually bought by my sister's godparents' son as a gift for his mother, making her the only one not in some way biologically related to the others. The whole dog for Christmas idea really did not work out, and though my dad refused her the first few "Will you take her?"s, he caved in on the last one--could you let this dog go to the pound? None of us have the faintest idea what she is (and I like it that way; the more of a mutt, the better), except adorable. All she does is lick my face, though... Her ears pointed up for about a week, before, but they flopped back down. This is a good thing.

Yes, that's five. And if a situation like Molly's happened again, being that it's my family's choice whether or not a friend's dog is sent to the pound, my sister and I would most likely be able to make it six. If it weren't a big dog. The little ones add up to about one and a quarter... Muff, Tink and Frank sleep with my parents in their bed, and Zorra and Molly sleep with my sister. I am 100% okay with this setup because my bed is hardly big enough for me! When I'm home alone overnight, though, they sleep with me. It's cramped and I can't move much (something I do in my sleep a lot normally), but it's fine.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2007, 07:26:09 AM »
Now those are some cute dogs BP.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2007, 04:49:23 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2007, 05:01:16 PM »
I seriously wish these ugly dog pics would stop.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2007, 07:04:42 PM »
Maybe they'd stop if you stopped reacting to them.

Dude, that satanic, roasted "dog" has three too many dewclaws on its paw(s?).

"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2007, 07:23:56 PM »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2007, 07:36:50 PM »
Maybe they'd stop if you stopped reacting to them.

Good idea.  :)

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2007, 08:28:44 PM »

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2007, 09:16:02 PM »
Hey, just made a quick skim through the images, didn't see if this picture had already been posted:

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2007, 09:52:21 PM »
Dang it, EM!  I almost wet myself from laughter!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2007, 12:13:57 AM »
Its eyes are swollen with cuteness.

What do you get when you mix a poodle with a cocker spaniel?  That's right, a cockapoo.  Yes, such a good name for a breed of dog.  Doesn't sound stupid or sissy at all...and I have one. 
...I would've preferred Cockoodle Perspaniel, however.   
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2007, 08:06:37 AM »
As promised, here's a picture of Pia:
http://img28.picoodle.com/img/img28/8/6/27/f_SamuelandPim_4051dec.jpg
If a mod could make the pic not a link, that'd be great. I can't make a picture.

Edit by Luigison:  I was going to make it an image, but it's too big for most people here.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 10:15:21 AM by Luigison »
We have a secret page!

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2007, 08:29:31 AM »
This is just about the cutest looking dog I've ever seen.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 08:37:11 AM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2007, 08:13:16 PM »

I can live with the ugly dog pictures in the thread, but how did furry somehow trickle in here?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2007, 08:23:07 PM »
How does that count as furry?

By the way... I couldn't resist this. Ol' Brown Ears is back! Yay!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2007, 08:54:54 PM »
Well, wolves are related to dogs.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2007, 08:34:32 AM »
Hey, just made a quick skim through the images, didn't see if this picture had already been posted:

Thats what happens when Deezer feeds you bread. (the dog I mean)
"it's always the present"

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2007, 10:15:53 AM »
Somewhere far away, I bet that dog is crying inside because so many people are making fun of him/her. :(

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2007, 10:24:12 AM »

Did that dog just...eat another dog? There's a leg sticking out of its mouth.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2007, 10:36:02 AM »
Clearly, she(assuming because of the ear-flower) is laying her head on her own paw. Clearly.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2007, 11:11:51 AM »
I mistakenly posted an old world's ugliest dog earlier.  That dog is actually dead now.  Sorry.  The current world's ugliest dog is

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2007, 12:11:28 PM »
I'm going to stop coming to this topic because that thing makes me want to barf.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2007, 12:14:09 PM »
I don't know, but I laugh every time I see it. Maybe it's the expression.

« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2007, 12:19:02 PM »
PaperLuigi: Really, you don't have to announce that you're going to stop visiting a thread. Just don't look at it or post in it.

Just LOOKING at my reply proves my point.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2007, 12:19:24 PM »
PaperLuigi, what the dukar? You just mentioned about how it would be a good idea to stop complaining about the ugly dog pictures right here: http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=10469.msg475188#msg475188, because maybe they'd stop. Now, two days later, you complain again. Have you no patience? Or are you just a hypocrite? It's just like parents always tell they're kids: if you don't even notice the bullies, they'll quit noticing you. And this is much easier to avoid on a forum compared to real life. So, please. Patience is a virtue.

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2007, 12:27:07 PM »
I have no patience, because it seems as if I just ignore them, it'll keep happening.

I am sick of getting bullied. That's what I'm tired of.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 12:29:13 PM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2007, 12:32:46 PM »
As far as I can tell you're not being bullied. If you're referring to your constant CTs, well...Just let them have their fun.

You're being called a hypocrite, because you are. I've seen many examples of this, on AND off the Fungi Forums.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2007, 12:35:48 PM »
I apologized in the I HAS A THREAD thread. I am so sorry guys. I've done this to TheChef before....I dunno what to do.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2007, 12:39:22 PM »
Just calm down and be cool about it.

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2007, 01:02:40 PM »
LOL! Yes! I now love this age-old picture and will always cherish seeing it again.

Luigison

• Old Person™

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2007, 11:58:24 PM »
I have no patience, because it seems as if I just ignore them, it'll keep happening.
It will, and you won't mind because you don't know it's happening since you ignored it! :D
That was a joke.

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2007, 11:59:29 PM »
 :P

Yeah, that's correct...

« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2007, 07:32:25 PM »
          I have a Chesepeake Bay Retriever, and I have a Autrialian Heeler mix with i do not know what.  I used to have a black lab which I loved very much but we had to put her to sleep about a month ago.  I'm going into 12th and I'v had her since I was in 1st grade.  I'm not sure if I could ever forget all the wonderful dogs I've had.  I can remember the day my first dog our family had who ws born before I was died when I was in pre-k.  I woke up and wondered why my mom was crying and then she finally told me that Winston had died.

I was heart broken....  and so was my other dog who was a golden retriever named Casey, those two were a pair.  And they had sort of a hold over me, they protected me and basically did everything with me.  I can remember when I was young and wasn't in school yet I tok my pb&j samwich out with me in the lawn and shared it with them.  I have a t-shirt that testifies man's true best friend... and it says "dogs rule".
I only watch [adult swim]

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2007, 07:44:26 PM »
I had a dog named Winston Churchill and a black lab named Lousy.  Both were great dogs. I was very said when they and several other neighbor hood dogs were poisoned.  After that we had a chocolate lab, but my father gave him away after I moved out because he was getting to big for the fenced in area and when he was out he went wild without someone with him. 

« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2007, 11:25:29 PM »

I'm just wondering: is the tongue on this dog his tongue, or is he chomping on the detached tongue of another, smaller dog? It sure looks like the latter.

« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2007, 11:27:22 PM »
I still say they are weird deformed flesh fangs.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2007, 11:44:30 PM »
XD bobman! I'd say definitely yes.

This is just about the cutest looking dog I've ever seen.
Cute, but this one's cuter:

Dogs are always cuter when they're not panting, anyway. Too bad the pic is grainy. Stupid scans. :(

LOL! Yes! I now love this age-old picture and will always cherish seeing it again.
XD

Clearly, she(assuming because of the ear-flower) is laying her head on her own paw. Clearly.
Thank you! XP (Yeah, she.)
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2013, 07:38:40 PM »

Elwood died today. 

Print