Print

Author Topic: The Dog Thread  (Read 29824 times)

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2007, 11:53:06 PM »

I think I've seen this dog before. Way cuter than your average puppy.

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2007, 07:19:17 AM »
Oh yeah, that dog is the cutest looking dog in the whole world.

I bet he's still nice though, despite looking like that.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2007, 03:46:22 AM »

Every time I see this image I can think of nothing but that it was baked in an oven until golden brown, with seasonings and possibly stuffing. I wonder if that would be legal... I mean, you eat chicken and beef, which is totally legal. One could treat a chicken or cow as a pet and be attached to it.
When I look over my post, I think of fuzzy taking vegetables for a walk or something like that... And that's not normal.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2007, 05:07:34 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's legal. Info on the intertubes was scarce, but I didn't see any laws against it in the US. It does seem to be extremely taboo here, though. They do eat a lotta dog in China. Pretty much purely cultural. I mean, we eat cows left and right and that's a huge no-no in Hinduism.

I wouldn't have anything against eating a dog if served some.

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2007, 07:41:13 AM »
I don't think I could ever eat a dog. No matter how tasty the meat may be.

Same goes for cat meat (if they even serve it).

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2007, 04:21:49 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty callous towards the "sacredness" of bio-organisms. I mean, I'd even try human if presented with an appropriate setting in which to partake.

Curiosity killed the cat, you know.  >:D

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2007, 04:31:52 PM »
You're saying that you're willing to commit cannibalism?  That's illegal, no matter what the circumstances.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2007, 05:06:52 PM »
I have a black lab named Pia. She's really cute and sweet, very friendly. She is, however, a little nervous at times. She's 3 years old at the moment, but she's small and has a puppyish face, so she looks like a puppy. She's also very playful. I might post a pic soon...
We have a secret page!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2007, 05:10:01 PM »
Huh. I was sitting out in the living room (my bedroom was far too hot today) and the dog with the tongue sticking out appeared on the news. I wish I wasn't so zoned out. I really didn't catch what they were saying.

On a rather unrelated note, there was also something on a "Wiimbledon" tournament in Brooklyn, New York. The winner was...a guy dressed up as Luigi. Needless to say, I got a good laugh out of that.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2007, 10:31:38 PM »
You're saying that you're willing to commit cannibalism?  That's illegal, no matter what the circumstances.
I find it hilarious that illegality of all things is what you brought up here.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2007, 01:00:03 AM »
I guess I should clarify which is which. In order from oldest to youngest...

Muff. Terrier, chihuahua and Pomeranian. She's generally the most well-behaved when we have company, enjoys playing fetch the most, and all that. As seen in the video, she "talks," especially when she wants food or someone's just gotten home from anywhere.

Tink. Yorkie, chihuahua and Pomeranian. She's got the most screechy and annoying bark, to the point where it's painful when everyone's trying to get out of the house because of something non-existant... She's fine, but very weird. When someone's on vacation, she's the one who notices, which leads to whining.

Frank. The only male. Same mix as Tink. He's... not very bright, I don't think. He's well-behaved around people, usually, and doesn't make much noise. There was this one time when he, like, crashed into a wall and for a few weeks afterward fake-limped for attention... ha ha ha ha. His body structure is strikingly similar to Tink's--their tails even curl in the same way.

Zorra (like, feminine for Zorro). Same mix as Frank and Tink. She's extremely timid, even around me and my family. She gets her fair share of treats and gets no "abuse" in any way, but she is. You wouldn't see her if you visited. She's good, though, except she steals the ball when Muff and I play fetch. She and Frank actually came from the same litter (and the same mother as Muff and Tink did; that dog has puppies, like, every spring) so it's impossible to tell if she really is younger.

Molly. She was actually bought by my sister's godparents' son as a gift for his mother, making her the only one not in some way biologically related to the others. The whole dog for Christmas idea really did not work out, and though my dad refused her the first few "Will you take her?"s, he caved in on the last one--could you let this dog go to the pound? None of us have the faintest idea what she is (and I like it that way; the more of a mutt, the better), except adorable. All she does is lick my face, though... Her ears pointed up for about a week, before, but they flopped back down. This is a good thing.

Yes, that's five. And if a situation like Molly's happened again, being that it's my family's choice whether or not a friend's dog is sent to the pound, my sister and I would most likely be able to make it six. If it weren't a big dog. The little ones add up to about one and a quarter... Muff, Tink and Frank sleep with my parents in their bed, and Zorra and Molly sleep with my sister. I am 100% okay with this setup because my bed is hardly big enough for me! When I'm home alone overnight, though, they sleep with me. It's cramped and I can't move much (something I do in my sleep a lot normally), but it's fine.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2007, 07:26:09 AM »
Now those are some cute dogs BP.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2007, 04:49:23 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2007, 05:01:16 PM »
I seriously wish these ugly dog pics would stop.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2007, 07:04:42 PM »
Maybe they'd stop if you stopped reacting to them.

Dude, that satanic, roasted "dog" has three too many dewclaws on its paw(s?).

"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Print