Print

Author Topic: Allow All Discussions  (Read 48887 times)

« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2008, 06:49:57 PM »
Staying. DeadAwake, knowing from doing this before, when it comes to banhammering, talking about it to MB or Deezer will almost always have you ignored. Although, if MaxVance is fighting against this (Hes a freaking staff infection.), then I think its time for change.

Actually, them not ignoring me is how I got my Custom Title.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2008, 08:50:27 PM »
These are bad times for the Fungi Forums.
Boy, I might need that old CT of mine back now...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2008, 02:14:29 AM »
Hi again, everyone.

Some new information has surfaced, leading me to wonder if this problem isn't entirely as big as originally perceived.  It seems members who normally maintain contact with Deezer and MEGAߥTE (and other staff) have not seen them since sometime before the creation of this topic.  In light of this, it seems more likely that staff members have simply yet to be made aware of the problem.

As previously mentioned, until we have confirmed key staff members' awareness of the situation, please do not leave the Fungi Forums.  Though it is your freedom to do so, and I will acknowledge and keep track of your absence--please understand that it really does no good at this point.  If, however, we receive word directly from staff that goes against free speech, let us reconsider.

The first step towards awareness is the PM.  MushroomJunkie, have you written it yet?  The task is still up for grabs; if nobody has posted a workable PM within 24 hours, I'll compose one myself and ask for input here.  We can begin rounding up a list of signatures in the meantime.  So... if you stand for free speech, and you trust others who also stand for free speech to accurately communicate your beliefs in the PM we will compose, please say something to that effect now.  We will add your name.  You may, of course, also wait until seeing and agreeing upon the beliefs laid out in the PM once it is finalized.

Glorb, Eclipsed Moon, and Lizard Dude should have their names added as well--not in support of the PM but in recognition of their absence.  If communication with any of these members through alternative outlets can be achieved, we may also add their names to the "in support of" section.

Next, I would like to thank everyone who has contacted me through private messaging or otherwise.  Your information has greatly contributed to the organization of this cause.

And lastly, it would make sense at this point to make a request for the moderator who locked the TMK Votes thread in General Chat to make his or herself known.  Please either reply to this thread or send a PM my way.  In the case of the latter, I will keep our communications under my hat.

Thank you again.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 02:27:53 AM by DeadAwake »
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2008, 07:09:07 AM »
I haven't yet but I could get started.  I wasn't sure if I was to be picked or if anybody could write one if they wanted to.  If you could just tell me some points that you would like me to include and how long you need it that would be good.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2008, 08:57:45 AM »
Toss my sig onto the pile!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2008, 09:02:29 AM »
Yeah, I'm sorry about that... It would've helped to have been more concrete.

The message we send should explain the problem in a straightforward, non-hostile manner--that free speech is being limited on the forums and members are concerned.  (Links could be provided.)  It should not ask the staff whether they are aware of the problem but rather ask for a reply, ideally in this topic, that shows they have acknowledged our message.  Other than that, it'd probably best to sum up the opinions expressed here by various members.  Include a quote or two, or mention that members are leaving in protest if you like--just as long as it's written fairly and expresses the collective views of this topic.

As said, a hostile tone should be avoided, so if you're going to mention members leaving, please don't make it sound like a threat.  Anyway, thank you for offering to write this.  I'd do it myself, but the result would probably be too biased.  Besides, the more people work together, the better.  So, thank you.

EDIT:  ShadowBrain's in.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2008, 10:42:58 AM »
You should make a Powerpoint.
"it's always the present"

« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2008, 11:15:23 AM »
You should make a Powerpoint.

Great idea.

Put my signature on thar.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2008, 11:31:39 AM »
What would you include in the power point?

« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2008, 12:16:48 PM »
C'mon, MJ.  Now's not the time to turn off your sarcasm meter!

And the Powerpoint comes after the internet petition (hosted at Geocites).

« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2008, 01:26:54 PM »
Hi again, everyone.

Some new information has surfaced, leading me to wonder if this problem isn't entirely as big as originally perceived.  It seems members who normally maintain contact with Deezer and MEGAߥTE (and other staff) have not seen them since sometime before the creation of this topic.  In light of this, it seems more likely that staff members have simply yet to be made aware of the problem.

Hm, perhaps I shouldn't have left then. After leaving for a couple of days I gave it some thought and decided that Deezer and MB wouldn't care if I had left anyway, so here I am. After reading DeadAwake's posts, it's probably best that I stay and assess the situation anyway.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 01:39:56 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2008, 03:42:45 PM »
Glad your back PL.

« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2008, 05:24:12 PM »
Hey, thanks MJ.

Hm...it looks like DeadAwake didn't acknowledge that I had left. :/

Oh well, it's alright. I was only taking after Lizard Dude because I hold him in high regard. Yeah, I'm a dork. So what of it?

« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2008, 02:03:29 AM »
Hm...it looks like DeadAwake didn't acknowledge that I had left. :/
You were always here, in my heart.

« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2008, 06:22:05 AM »
That's good to know. :P

It's probably best that I came back because you didn't acknowledge my absence, thus I would not get mentioned in the PM. It's okay, because I sort of wanted to come back.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 06:23:54 AM by PaperLuigi »

Print