Print

Author Topic: Burger King Presents Seth MacFarlane Presenting A Mario Short  (Read 14822 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 07:50:02 PM »
>.< I never even saw it. Are there any other links?

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 08:18:06 PM »
>.< I never even saw it. Are there any other links?

You guys do know Seth has his own channel. and his high quality version can be found here.

Anyway, I liked it. It's Family Guy humor. If you find Family Guy funny, you'll find this funny. I'm kinda starting to think that his "Cavalcade" is just a way to get his random jokes out before the new season. I mean (Super Mario rescues the Princess) could be used anywhere.
Example: Peter : "You know a lot of people have had their short comings." (Insert Super Mario rescues the Princess.)
Then again, a LOOOOOT of things can be used in Family Guy jokes.
I really don't care much for logic.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 11:37:36 PM »
When did the definition of 'Random' change? Did I sleep through that class?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 12:04:25 AM »
What you think random means
Weird, unpredictable, or bizarre. Usually you mean to say stupid when you say random. Example "Yeah I'm just so random all the time! lol lol i like pie"

What random actually means
An event completely unaffected by anything. Without looking at the deck, please take a card at random. We're going to let the game use its algorithms and equations and stuff to select a stage at pseudo-random.

I really don't know if a random occurrence could exist. Scientifically, everything is affected by something somewhere along the lines. Spiritually, everything happens for a reason. Say I jabbed at my keyboard without looking and hit G. Well, why did I hit G? Was it random? Not really, the position and movements of my hand determined that I'd hit G.

That's all.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 12:37:47 AM »
I don't think that at all.

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 01:21:33 AM »
Weird, unpredictable, or bizarre. Usually you mean to say stupid when you say random. Example "Yeah I'm just so random all the time! lol lol i like pie"

What random actually means
An event completely unaffected by anything. Without looking at the deck, please take a card at random. We're going to let the game use its algorithms and equations and stuff to select a stage at pseudo-random.

I really don't know if a random occurrence could exist. Scientifically, everything is affected by something somewhere along the lines. Spiritually, everything happens for a reason. Say I jabbed at my keyboard without looking and hit G. Well, why did I hit G? Was it random? Not really, the position and movements of my hand determined that I'd hit G.

That's all.

Wow. I've been schooled. But Famliy Guy jokes (Most of the time) don't affect anything. Call them anything. Stupid jokes, retarded jokes, random jokes, anything! Also, by your logic, why do we still use the term "random"?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2008, 02:34:27 AM »
I don't think that at all.
No no, I didn't mean you. I meant, as if speaking to a crowd of people who misuse the word. Sorry 'bout that.

By my logic, no, I wouldn't call anything random. I limit my misuse of the word to "Let's play on a random stage" or "The randomly spawning enemies in EarthBound Zero are impossible to avoid, unlike the enemies visible on the overworld in the second and third games." The game's programming does something to simulate randomization, but it isn't really and I don't understand it. Things like that and flipping coins or rolling dice. Not "My cat barked! How random!" Or "I backed into the convertible behind me! How random!" Or "The police arrested a man! How random!"
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2008, 03:21:27 AM »
Or "The police arrested a man! How random!"
But what if that man were arrested for beating people with sausage?
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2008, 03:31:06 AM »
I heard about that the day after. Fresno is the next county over. Small world, isn't it?
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2008, 06:56:07 AM »

Then it's just idiotic.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 08:49:47 AM »
Usually you mean to say stupid when you say random.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 02:02:16 PM »
I'm kinda starting to think that his "Cavalcade" is just a way to get his random jokes out before the new season.
More like, it's a way for Google to finally start making money off of Youtube.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 03:02:35 PM »
More like, it's a way for Google to finally start making money off of Youtube.

That too.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 08:59:03 PM »
Wow, that's basically what I always thought! I tend to subscribe to that line of thinking and the Chaos Theory myself (though I really prefer to call it the Law of Chaos).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2008, 09:28:26 PM »

My brain just imploded!
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

Print