Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 368908 times)

« Reply #660 on: September 18, 2010, 10:03:30 PM »
I'm going to receive flack for this but I don't like any of them. They look horrible.
All but those elemental genies are perfect you have bad taste.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #661 on: September 19, 2010, 05:35:17 PM »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 05:36:51 PM by Turtlekid1 »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #662 on: September 19, 2010, 07:07:05 PM »
If you can't find anything you like about this generation, then congratulations! You're officially more of a hardass than BP. Remember how he hated the whole 4th gen (and stated that he'd only play remakes of the first three gens)? He likes a nice handful of Pokemon this generation.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 07:08:58 PM by Captain Jim »
No! I don't want that!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #663 on: September 19, 2010, 09:32:58 PM »
That's what I don't get.  The 'mons of this generation are far more robot-like and over-embellished in their designs than anything from Gen IV.  Yet you and BP seem to not hate them.

« Reply #664 on: September 19, 2010, 09:38:07 PM »
All but those elemental genies are perfect you have bad taste.

Thanks!

The 'mons of this generation are far more robot-like and over-embellished in their designs than anything from Gen IV. 

This.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 09:39:46 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #665 on: September 19, 2010, 10:47:07 PM »
You can't really pass that off for the whole gen . While you have detailed roboty 'mons (the henshinguys, the aliens, gear, the actual robot), it also has very simple, gen 1-esque ones (Buffalo, pigeon, dogs, chinchilla).

I mean really.

This is totally robot-like and over-embellished.

And I'm directing this at myself, too. Using one decscription for an entire gen, such as " robot-like and over-embellished" is really, really stupid. I mean really. Look at that god[darn] pigeon. It looks like an actual pigeon, kind of like something out of gen one. When you use such a blanket statement, you are saying that that thing is over-embellished and robotic. Which it isn't. This may be:

But this sure isn't:

So really. If you don't like them all for different reasons, fine! Say that you don't like the gen. But saying they are all robot-like and overdesigned and thus bad is just a load of bull.

PS: I don't just not hate them, I  really like this gen. And thinking back, I liked a good chunk of Gen IV pokemon.

PPS: I hate when people reply with just "this", it's just plain lazy.
No! I don't want that!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #666 on: September 20, 2010, 06:30:58 AM »
I didn't mean to come across as thinking that all the new Pokemon are that way.  But I was going from the screenshots of your and Weegee's favorite ones.

Also, for what it's worth, the gear (can't remember its name and Serebii has taken down its images due to Nintendo's b****ing) is my favorite one after the Fire starter.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #667 on: September 20, 2010, 08:30:11 AM »
Supposedly the anti-piracy in the new versions prevents pirates' Pokémon from gaining experience, which sounds more effective for actively preventing pirates from playing the games than the previous games' anti-piracy, which involved the game freezing after a certain number of "events," and could be bypassed simply by saving and resetting before you hit that number. Hopefully this anti-piracy will be just as difficult to crack as the anti-piracy in the previous games was.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #668 on: September 20, 2010, 05:42:29 PM »
Supposedly the anti-piracy in the new versions prevents pirates' Pokémon from gaining experience, which sounds more effective for actively preventing pirates from playing the games than the previous games' anti-piracy, which involved the game freezing after a certain number of "events," and could be bypassed simply by saving and resetting before you hit that number. Hopefully this anti-piracy will be just as difficult to crack as the anti-piracy in the previous games was.

Nope. You just edit the hex values and it's fixed.
No! I don't want that!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #669 on: September 20, 2010, 05:46:45 PM »
Hold on... did someone in here seriously just think it was going to be difficult to evade anti-piracy?

...Okay, I mean, I wouldn't be able to do it, but the most dedicated skinflints are always going to find a way.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #670 on: September 20, 2010, 06:02:18 PM »
Dude, it took months for pirates to break the protection on the English-language HG/SS.

If it's already been found for the new games, you can bet your ass NoA won't let that happen with the US release.

« Reply #671 on: September 20, 2010, 06:11:02 PM »
Bullying Serebii into pulling its B/W images was a dick move by Nintendo. "Intellectual property" my ass.

Would I be considered a "pirate" for using Action Replay to unlock event-only content, and catching/raising the event Pokemon legitimately?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #672 on: September 20, 2010, 06:23:01 PM »
Unless they changed things so that copy-protection kicks in upon using a cheat device, no.

And, uh, no? It is Nintendo's intellectual property, and the information was leaked and uploaded to that site before the games came out.

« Reply #673 on: September 20, 2010, 06:31:39 PM »
Not only did Serebii post spoilers to the game before release, it posted literally ALL THE SPOILERS. As much as you guys love spoiling the **** out of games for yourselves before you play even one minute of them, I guess Nintendo doesn't like it.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #674 on: September 20, 2010, 06:38:03 PM »
I think the big thing is they're cracking down as they investigate Melkor, a Nintendo Employee who was leaking the new pokemon. Can you see how this is a problem?
No! I don't want that!

Print