Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 369041 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #990 on: September 04, 2013, 07:09:43 PM »
I agree with that BP. They should really just leave the older Pokémon alone and focus on the new generation. Most of the fun from Generation 5 came from exploring a new area with completely new Pokémon and leaving no trace of previous Pokémon games except for the core mechanics of the series of course.

Are they really giving you a Generation 1 starter at the start? That's ridiculous; what happened to the new starters?!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #991 on: September 04, 2013, 08:39:48 PM »
Oh, sorry, I meant you get one of each. I'm not sure if you get them at the same time or if the Kanrto starter is something you can get early on or what. But you get both.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #992 on: September 11, 2013, 01:25:38 PM »

Starters' second forms. Chespin evolves into a potato. Fennekin becomes deviantArt. Froakie becomes Thing I Am Liking Very Much.

A poodle (Kalos is France), something that looks to me has a varying appearance, and the new fossils, a Rock/Dragon T-Rex babby and an Ice-Rock Littlefoot with an ability that turns its Normal moves Ice and makes them stronger. Ice-Type Double Edge sounds scary. The power of Blizzard and accuracy of Ice Beam sounds worth the recoil.

Steel will be nerfed, with its resistances to Ghost and Dark removed. Metagross and Bronzong will take a huge hit from this and Honedge's typing will be a lot less good too. But Steel has been kind of overpowered, defensively, for a long long time.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #993 on: September 11, 2013, 02:15:08 PM »
AHAHAHAHAHA CHESPIN

Froakie's evo even looks like something you'd draw, BP. Especially its expression.

Serebii says Poodlemon's appearance is indeed customizable, as in you can bring it to a groomer or something and have them change its haircut at will.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #994 on: September 11, 2013, 02:37:14 PM »
Fennekin is apparently destined to be the most deviantART popular forever.

« Reply #995 on: September 11, 2013, 02:41:28 PM »
Funny thing is, Rule 34 of Chespin's evo was made first.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #996 on: September 11, 2013, 04:17:34 PM »

Thanks for reminding me
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:21:22 PM by BP »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #997 on: September 11, 2013, 05:42:42 PM »
You know, Chespin's and Froakie's movesets give little to no indication of their eventual second types. The Dark-Chespin theory seems far less likely now, and you'd expect Froakie's evo to have at least one Fighting move if you're in that camp.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #998 on: September 25, 2013, 12:43:46 PM »
Honedge evolves into Two Honedges

It may be too early to jump to conclusions but I'm bummed it's not a suit of haunted armor. It's so obvious and so good. Making something evolve into more of itself is uninspired gen 1 stuff.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #999 on: September 25, 2013, 01:29:34 PM »
You know, I also hate when games try to celebrate their past, since it never turns out well.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #1000 on: September 25, 2013, 01:35:28 PM »
Really I doubt that hearkening back to gen 1 is what they're going for. And even if it were, that's not a great way to do it. They just happened to do something that was like gen 1 in a way that wasn't great, as I think BP was saying.

Imagine if, in NSMB, the "can't scroll left mode" wasn't an optional feature, but was part of the game proper. It wouldn't be "so nostalgic" as much as it would be pointless and frustrating.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #1001 on: September 25, 2013, 04:55:02 PM »
There are people on God's earth who didn't enjoy FRLG? Also,

>inb4 third stage is three swords

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1002 on: September 26, 2013, 07:18:12 AM »
Thing evolved into... More of Thing!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #1003 on: September 28, 2013, 11:16:38 AM »
Quote from: Bulbapedia
The item Exp. Share will revert to Exp. All as in Generation I, where when one Pokémon holding this item participates in battle, all other Pokémon in the team receive experience as well. Unlike in Generation I, the experience is not split but rather received by all Pokémon. This means that the participating Pokémon receive 100% experience, while non-participating Pokémon receive 50% experience.

Not sure what to think of this.

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #1004 on: September 28, 2013, 05:54:43 PM »
YESSSS TRAINING MAGIKARP TEAMS WILL BE EXTREMELY EASY
read jitsu wa watashi wa

Print