Print

Author Topic: FRIDAY  (Read 42631 times)

« on: March 15, 2011, 08:19:50 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 08:27:01 PM »
Only made it about 30 seconds into the actual song. Ugh.

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 08:42:20 PM »
I can't blame you. Our mortal ears are unworthy of comprehending such tonal perfection, such musical splendour, such lyrical artistry. Even CNN is all over it.

By the way, here's Bob Dylan's version of this instant classic.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 08:44:31 PM »
It's the next I'm On A Boat
pardeeyin pardeeyin YEAOH
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 08:46:28 PM »
This led me to Butterflies. We were on good terms before, Weegee, but for this there can be no forgiveness.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 08:49:14 PM »
I was going to post this... on FRIDAY!  Thanks a lot, Weegee.  Actually it may be dead or replaced by then so, yeah.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 10:07:14 PM »
Who the hell is Rebecca Black?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 10:45:51 PM »
I love how she's trying to rip off Bieber by throwing in a rapping black guy at the end who refers to her as "RB".

The name Ark Music Factory seems a little too self-aware.

I also love this guy's comment on her webzone:
Quote from: LancerPancer
You're song "Friday" is inspirational.  Period.
It includes all the makings of a hit: 1) it's educational (teaches the days of the week), 2) it incorporates real life issues that everyone struggles with (which seat to take), 3) it's fun (even repeats the word "fun").

She's following C-SPAN on Twitter. Why? Is this a viral marketing campaign for a presidential candidate?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 11:11:59 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 11:16:34 PM »
I love how she's trying to rip off Bieber by throwing in a rapping black guy at the end who refers to her as "RB".

Every pop music video produced since 2007 has featured a rapping black guy.

Who the hell is Rebecca Black?

A thirteen-year-old girl with very rich parents and fanciful aspirations of becoming a pop-music superstar. And to think she'd never have had the opportunity if it weren't for Auto-Tune and unscrupulous California businessmen!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 11:37:08 PM »
Every pop music video produced since 2007 has featured a rapping black guy.
Fair enough, but the RB thing has to be intentional.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 11:56:37 PM »
The name Ark Music Factory seems a little too self-aware.

Apparently it's a company trying to intentionally create Justin Biebers by making music videos for any kid whose parents have money and this is one of them. And the rappin' bro in the video, the one who heavily implies he is ready to get it on with some high schoolers, is one of the producers who puts himself into all of them.

So yeah Weegee summed it up
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 12:14:34 AM »
So...it's not just a really dry parody? Euurghhhhh
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 03:30:41 AM »
I never thought eardrums could scream until now.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 05:55:32 PM »
At the risk of regaining my old custom title, I'm just going to not watch the video and preemptively say that it represents everything wrong with American society today.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 06:07:21 PM »
Who the hell's driving the car? She's thirteen. Either someone about thirteen is driving, or there's a kid mixed in there who's at least seventeen. Is the seventeen-year-old hanging out with a bunch of thirteen-year-olds, or is she a thirteen-year-old hanging out with a bunch of seventeen-year-olds? I'm not sure which is less weird.

Print