Print

Author Topic: New Smash Bros: Use of Games That Have Come Out Since Brawl  (Read 23414 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2011, 09:58:19 AM »
I'm pretty excited for this game and the Wii U.

I'm surprised people online are already bashing it when they haven't even played it. I saw several articles that detailed the experience playing the Wii U, and most of the authors said it was very enjoyable.

The funny thing is Nintendo is the only one doing any innovation nowadays. They're not afraid to take risks like other companies, and when they succeed all the other companies steal their ideas, claim them as their own, and say it's innovation. Look at the Move and Kinect...

On top of that there's this unnecessary argument about Nintendo not delivering "core" games to its audience. Mario, Zelda and the like are most definitely under the "hardcore" classification of games; they've been around much longer than any generic FPS (Call of Duty) and have tons and tons more depth in them. People also expect online play, but online communities are mostly flooded with spammers, hackers, and immature six-year olds cursing. These are some reasons I don't like this generation of gamers...
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2011, 12:46:00 PM »
In the next Smash Bros. Samus will probably have variations on "THE BABY" and "ADAM" for all her taunts and victory poses.  Instead of tripping, she'll freeze up and start bawling every now and then for no apparent reason.  Her special moves will all be unavailable when the battle starts and unlock over time as Adam authorizes her to use them.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2011, 05:04:27 PM »

As for games since Brawl? The new Fire Emblem entry, whatever it is, looks like a cert to have a representative.

The new Fire Emblem entry is a remake of a game starring Marth. :P

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2011, 07:12:15 PM »
FIRE EMBLEM REPS: MARTH AND MARTH

THE TEAMUP OF THE CENTURY
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2011, 08:15:16 PM »
FIRE EMBLEM REPS: MARTH AND MARTH

THE TEAMUP OF THE CENTURY

Oh God, don't say that, the tourney-tards will hear you.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2011, 10:38:50 PM »
They're never gonna stop playing Melee bro
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2011, 08:14:12 AM »
In the next Smash Bros. Samus will probably have variations on "THE BABY" and "ADAM" for all her taunts and victory poses.  Instead of tripping, she'll freeze up and start bawling every now and then for no apparent reason.  Her special moves will all be unavailable when the battle starts and unlock over time as Adam authorizes her to use them.

Other M makes me want to pull out all my hair.  If Smash 4 makes absolutely no reference to that turd souffle whatsoever I'll be the happiest camper alive.  I doubt we'll be that lucky.  WHY TEAM NINJA, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2011, 06:45:01 PM »
I got a better idea

Final Smash: Replace

The Mii gets a close up and in a booming echoey voice, says, "Don'tcha wanna play with MII?" Everyone else's characters become Miis. Forever. As in, if the other players were Link and Kirby, Link and Kirby are no longer in the game. For anyone in the world.
What's wrong with Link and Kirby?

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2011, 07:29:43 PM »
I'd like to see The Mole Train from Donkey Kong Country Returns as a stage.

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2011, 08:15:24 PM »
I think the Donkey Kong stage will most likely be based off of Donkey Kong Country Returns. I like your idea, but every DK stage so far besides 75M has been based off of a jungle area.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2011, 08:46:54 PM »
If the Mario Kart tracks are any indication of what may happen in other games, the next DK stage will be a snow based DKC locale. (The new DK tracks in MKDS and MKW both are snow tracks..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2011, 09:12:48 PM »
They should just retcon Donkey Kong into a Russian
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2011, 11:48:12 PM »
You know, I never really understood how those two levels were Donkey Kong levels. In fact a lot of Mario Kart levels seem to slap various characters' names on them and maybe put one symbol of their character in the stage: Daisy Circuit, Yoshi Falls, Wario Stadium, etc.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2011, 08:29:06 AM »
Wario Stadium (ethier one, as there were two) seemed to make the most sense to me. I could totally see Wario being a fan of dirt bike races, and think "Well hey, let's make a track based off of that" (assuming characters get to design their own tracks.. [I know that's not how it really works. Just go with me..])
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2011, 11:07:46 AM »
I'd like to see The Mole Train from Donkey Kong Country Returns as a stage.

This would be awesome. 

I think they do just slap a character onto a course design for Mario Kart levels.  Toad's Turnpike anyone?
Haters gonna hate

Print