Print

Author Topic: The Silly Mario Fan Theories Thread  (Read 188866 times)

« Reply #300 on: December 03, 2012, 07:16:02 AM »
He's overcome his fear. Or...

Super Mario 64 DS is Yoshi dreaming that he's the hero to rescue Peach

In this dream, Yoshi is able to open doors and conquer many obstacles that would otherwise prove to be a challenge for even Mario. But even in his dream, Mario is the one to defeat Bowser, and rescue the Princess, his subconscious finally coming to terms with the fact that he would likely never be as great a hero as Mario. As time goes on, he must take on the persona of others (via the caps) to even be able to complete the challenges, and finds himself cast aside in more extreme cases to make way for the other heroes to save the day. This comes to a head when even he cannot enter the final Bowser door; that true greatness will forever be beyond his reach. This realisation has a negative effect on the stricken Yoshi, and when he awakes on top of the castle to see Mario with all of the 120 stars (i.e: the original game), he concedes that Mario is the hero (albeit by hiding his insane jealousy), provides him with 100 lives then casts himself from the roof of the castle to his demise.

I need sleep.
That makes more sense than it should.
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #301 on: December 03, 2012, 04:48:39 PM »
Why? Why??
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #302 on: December 09, 2012, 02:10:17 PM »
Rawk Hawk from PM2 is actually Nintendo's way of poking fun at Sonic/Sega.

Think about it.  They have similar eyes that both scream, "I'm God's gift to the world, and you're not," they have similar hairstyles, and they fly through the air at similar speeds while rolled into balls.  It's possible the message that Nintendo is trying to convey is that Sega still has a titanic ego, even if it's not one of the "Big Three" game-making companies anymore.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 07:39:02 PM by TheColonelKR »
"I'd love to tell jokes... but you'd probably just laugh at me." -- Scott Burns, the One True Voice of Bowser

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #303 on: December 09, 2012, 04:55:42 PM »
Hmm.....

....nah.

« Reply #304 on: December 09, 2012, 06:59:03 PM »
Rawk Hawk looks like he could fit in the Sega universe if he lost a few pounds.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #305 on: December 09, 2012, 07:30:40 PM »
If you had suggested to me that he's a parody of Storm the Albatross I might agree with you...except Sonic Riders came out in 2006.

« Reply #306 on: December 09, 2012, 07:43:15 PM »
Hmm.....

....nah.

You may choose to disagree, but seeing that comparison left me ROTFL.

Re: Storm the Albatross
Hmm... Sega stole the side-scrolling platform concept from Nintendo.  I wonder if they've stolen a character design or two.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 07:48:51 PM by TheColonelKR »
"I'd love to tell jokes... but you'd probably just laugh at me." -- Scott Burns, the One True Voice of Bowser

« Reply #307 on: December 09, 2012, 08:33:50 PM »
I can vaguely see the hair comparison.. this one is more than a bit of a stretch.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #308 on: December 09, 2012, 09:07:42 PM »
Hmm... Sega stole the side-scrolling platform concept from Nintendo.  I wonder if they've stolen a character design or two.

Surely Nintendo must be an equally filthy thief.

« Reply #309 on: December 09, 2012, 10:13:22 PM »
When was that game made?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #310 on: December 09, 2012, 10:18:54 PM »
1984. A whole year before SMB. Do you really think I'd make a mistake like that?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #311 on: December 09, 2012, 10:53:41 PM »
Nintendo and Sega both need to look at actual birds more often.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #312 on: December 09, 2012, 11:21:02 PM »
1984. A whole year before SMB. Do you really think I'd make a mistake like that?
I think I get the joke, but I'm not sure.
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

« Reply #313 on: December 10, 2012, 10:51:41 AM »

No, but I could use a little less of your attitude, dude.  Without a doubt, your attention to detail precedes you.

And I guess Nintendo has stolen some character designs as well.  I’ve seen artwork for Mario and DK’s first game, and they bear a passing resemblance to Popeye and Bluto, respectively, since Donkey Kong was originally supposed to be a Popeye game.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:18:29 AM by TheColonelKR »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #314 on: December 14, 2012, 06:37:55 AM »
There is a nutty captain of industry character somewhere in Mario's world who is like Willy Wonka, but with plumbing instead of candy

Warp pipes as transportation were originally invented as pipes for sending water and [dukar] from one place to another, and the first person besides him to lay eyes on it was like "So this is a teleporter" and adapted them to send people from place to place. Cannon pipes and those pipes that slide up and down or tilt, I don't know.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print