Print

Author Topic: Obsolete Things You're Glad You Don't See Anymore  (Read 8616 times)

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 06:37:13 PM »
Dial up? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I remember having to get off the internet so my mom could order pizza. Then we got DSL. It was magical.

What if someone had dial-up but used MagicJack for phone service?
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

Ogres Have Layers

• Malaprop Monster
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 11:25:22 AM »
I'm so glad we don't have cassettes (video or audio) anymore. My uncle had a really mean habit when I was a kid where he would take some of my favorite movies and music tapes, get them wet, leave them in his car for a week or so, and then bring them back. He always had me convinced he had only lost them, but when I played the tapes I was chagrinned to find that the visuals were all scary, colorful, and beny. More nightmare fuel. I would inevitably end up in the feeble position until my parents got home. This just goes to show that even though a technology can be made with good intentions, it really only ends up causing more pain than gain.
You better check yourself before you Shrek yourself.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 01:42:59 PM »
I'm actually hoping hipsters bring VHS back soon.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 04:28:49 PM »
the feeble position
Again with the malapropisms...
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 06:09:18 PM »
The dollar store I work at still sells blank VHS tapes, and a tape of some kids' show from 1996.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 06:14:57 PM »
The thing that reminds me of obsolete things the most is their smell.  Oh, metal oxide tapes how I adore thy smell. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print