Print

Author Topic: Hyrule Warriors (name not final)  (Read 12481 times)

« on: December 18, 2013, 06:21:51 PM »
So there's a spinoff of Zelda that's a crossover between it and Koei's Warriors franchise (Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Warriors Orochi, etc.) that was unveiled in the Nintendo Direct and I'm SUPER DUPER HYPED

What does TMK think? (And no, this isn't the main Wii U Zelda. Guess they're saving that for E3...)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 09:39:51 PM by TheMightyThor »
Relics.

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 01:51:31 AM »
Dynasty Warrior games are just stupid fun. One of their main draws though is the large cast of playable characters, and I'm curious how that'll translate to this project.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 08:24:04 AM »
That was kind of the reason I wanted Pokémon Warriors, but I guess this makes a decent consolation prize.

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 01:46:01 AM »
Might be able to play as the sages, or the Zora guitarist from MM, or anyone from MM.

God I want more Majora's Mask.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 03:17:05 AM »
Belari

This is an explosives expert
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 07:51:55 AM »
I hope Sheik makes the cut. I also hope the enemy designs aren't ripped directly from Skyward Sword in the final game.
Relics.

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 01:55:35 PM »
I hope Sheik makes the cut. I also hope the enemy designs aren't ripped directly from Skyward Sword in the final game.
Yeah, that would be terrible. Like those horrible games with the red guy that jumps on things with his brother.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 05:13:10 PM »
I just want to say the game very quickly became what I'd call Nintendo's first true AAA title and I cannot express my contempt for it.
It's YOUR problem!

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 06:16:06 PM »
Oh? Can you express maybe some of it? I'd really like to know; I thought it looked pretty cool.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 07:12:08 PM »
I'm guessing you mean "AAA" in the contemporary buzzword kinda sense e.g. comparable to Buttbuttin's Creed, Cod of Duty, etc.

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 08:01:20 PM »
He means battery size, since you'll need to recharge your Wiimote U every few hours.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 11:23:52 PM »
All this day one vendor-preorder-exclusive DLC bull[dukar], themed DLC packs planned and ready before the game is even released and really could've helped the base game's roster... just, so much I hate about the game industry that Nintendo could have started doing years ago when everybody else did, had the Wii had a respectable hard drive. I'd hoped they were just too good for this. Maybe they are and it's just par for the Dynasty Warriors course. But it's not a business model I've ever liked or wanted to support.

I also get the feeling that they limited the (base) game's roster to OoT, TP and SS elements for some specific untold reason... having to do with those being the three games with unambiguously adult Links. Less risk of alienating anyone in the lowest common denominator who would look at, say, Wind Waker characters, and dismiss it as being kiddy. Does anyone else think it's a bit odd that Ruto and Darunia are in, but instead of Saria, we have this scantily-clad original the character playing around with the Deku Tree Sprout? Except apparently Majora's Mask IS good enough. To sell as DLC. I'm not saying I really have any evidence but if I were a corporate-minded video game director, that would be why I would choose to exclude so much of the Zelda series. It's the next-best thing when burly American space marines aren't in the cards.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2014, 01:29:16 AM »
I have zero qualms with there being no Wind Waker characters (It would look pretty strange with all the more "realistically" designed characters in there), but Majora's Mask characters being reserved for DLC? That's just silly.

I am definitely worried about the whole DLC thing, though. To be fair, though, Omega Force (who work for Tecmo-Koei) and Team Ninja are the developers, not Nintendo, so I'm not really pinning a lot of blame for this on Nintendo, and I don't think they'll go in this direction often anymore. Regardless of whose fault it is, though, it is pretty lame seeing a Nintendo published game with Eiji Aonuma as a supervising producer with this much paid DLC stuff. At least you don't have to buy it, r-right? ;_;
Relics.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2014, 04:57:52 AM »
The DLC situation with Hyrule Warriors is 100% a Tecmo Koei thing.

(Incidentally, the DLC packs were announced after the Japanese release.)

Considering we've already had in-development content like challenge mode patched in after the game's release, complaining that they're charging extra for large amounts of additional post-release content that's also still in development is pretty silly. What, do you think they should've delayed the game's release by another six months to have all this stuff in there on release, or, more realistically, to have this content available for purchase on release instead of doling it out over time?

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2014, 10:59:39 AM »
Hasn't the game been out for a while in Japan though? They could have been developing DLC there while NOA and NOE did localization.

Print