Print

Author Topic: A Theory About Mario  (Read 12315 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 01:18:35 PM »
Hey, y'know, these theories are more thought out than mine was. xD @Chocobo, I think she ate star bits.
"These things... they take time."-Gaben

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 03:18:04 PM »
A lot of people seem to think that the Star Bits are what kept her so young after being up on that Comet Observatory for hundreds of years, even though Star Bits really aren't stated to have that kind of effect on people.

For all we know, Rosalina quite literally ascended to godhood after becoming caretaker of the Lumas. Either that or the planet she came from in her backstory is not Mario's world, but some other planet where people are capable of living for hundreds of years.

Or maybe - given her ability to reset the universe as seen in the ending of Galaxy 1 - she's able to infinitely reincarnate herself, kinda like a Time Lord.

Or maybe! She has severely decelerated aging if not completely stopped aging altogether given how she's constantly traveling through space. Lubba even mentions that the Faceship travels across time and space in Galaxy 2.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 09:23:20 PM »
I always just assumed it was relativistic effects from the Observatory moving near lightspeed most of the time.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 10:05:23 PM »
I thought that she wasn't the first Rosalina. Her mom was the one before, and so on. Like the first theory on this thread. She just had reddish hair before the events of the game.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 06:11:31 AM »
She's a Time Lord, and has regenerated a few times.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2014, 06:25:37 PM »
I like the idea of Rosalina as an ascended being.
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 08:14:08 PM »
It makes some amount of sense, because even though her story posits that she was a normal girl who just went into space, she has all of these odd god-like powers: such as being able to change size at will, being all-seeing (and possibly all-knowing), being able to grant the powers of a Luma to a seemingly ordinary person, being able to project shadowy images of herself to help those in need, and the big one: being able to create universe-cleansing black holes. The game never really explains how she's able to do any of this, and her story doesn't shed any more light on it either.

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2014, 08:19:12 PM »
You see, Rosalina is my girlfriend, and her desire to be with me forever is so strong that she has made herself stop aging by sheer force of will.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2014, 08:42:19 PM »
Riiiiiiiiight.

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2014, 05:32:44 AM »
No.

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2014, 09:24:09 AM »
Could be she is a goddess, and she rewrote her past to be more humble and stuff. That way the Lumas wouldn't be afraid of her and would think of her more as a human.
"These things... they take time."-Gaben

Print