Print

Author Topic: Your very first YouTube video  (Read 5803 times)

« on: July 26, 2014, 10:50:31 AM »
Do you remember the time when you first discovered YouTube? What was the very first video you saw on the site?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 01:20:13 PM »
I don't recall my first YouTube video, but I know I watched animations like Badger, badger, badger and Homestar Runner way before YouTube.  I also remember using Realplayer and Quicktime formats before YouTube. 

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 11:17:20 AM »
Homestar Runner

Yes! Yes! I'll be bingewatching SBEmails all day now. Thanks, Luigison!

Speaking of Strong Bad emails, I also used to enjoy the TMK Mailbag. Staff bantering was enjoyable.

The internet of the early 2000s was a fine place.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 08:20:11 PM »
I still listen to the TMK mailbag podcast every couple of years.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 12:16:34 PM »
The first youtube video I watched was a speedrun of Super Mario Bros. 3. I waited a good two hours to watch it over dial-up. (Cable internet had been around for a long time, but my dad was reluctant to sign up for it.) I remember thinking it was "so much like Google Video, except better." They were bought by Google almost immediately.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 01:45:00 PM »
Hell if I remember. Something Mario-related, no doubt. Probably an uploaded flash video.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 09:05:57 PM »
SMW ROM hacks. It was a man named therealninjaboy (no spaces). He was cool.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 11:42:08 PM »
If my favorite videos are any indication, my first video was the Gamecube tech demo video, with 128 Marios running around on a Monopoly-like disk.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 11:10:19 AM »
My first video was an epitome of old YouTube. It had [dukar]ty metal at the beginning, Windows Movie Maker-tier effects, and was focused on a teenager pranking his little brother. (Language warning!)

I wonder what would happen if I were born early enough for this to be my first:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyZKAPNDPyc" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyZKAPNDPyc</a>
Relics.

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 03:22:53 PM »
I don't really remember too well. Some of my earliest I had seen might have been some video game music (specifically Mario) and YouTube Poops (those are really funny when you're 12). I had also seen some Yogscast Minecraft videos (before they started selling out) but those definitely weren't my first.

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 04:34:16 PM »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 05:59:26 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 01:22:39 PM »
Hell if I remember. Something Mario-related, no doubt. Probably an uploaded flash video.
There was this one Mario-related flash video called "Super Mario Dy Ess" or something like that, anyone remember it? Can't find it via google...
Relics.

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2014, 05:40:12 PM »
I just remembered what the first one was. I was off by a lot.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HE9OQ4FnkQ" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HE9OQ4FnkQ</a>
My mom showed this to me when she saw it on either Facebook or MySpace.

Print