TMK Stuff > Site Discussion

Sigh... where is everyone?

<< < (12/12)

Hairball:

--- Quote from: StarJumper on January 04, 2015, 09:24:51 PM ---I'm in a similar boat, in a similar timeframe. Visiting these sites for the past 8 years, and saw the downhill slide of SMBHQ, SM128C, etc. Used to love fiddling around here all day. Too bad. Also, NC was awesome.

And the unceremonious and mysterious end to lemmy's land. 3 years ago, never forget.

--- End quote ---

SM128C has been back for the past year as a (sort-of) blog now! :D

I do agree with how fan sites are kind of irrelevant now, everyone is just into click-baity stuff and social media stuff like Facebook and Reddit. It's sad in a way, but I revived SM128C as a more traditional style commentary.

MarioWiki is pretty good in that it has a lot of info, but yeah I have to say the quality isn't exactly the best, and it's being almost treated like gospel. It sucks how we don't have a lot of great quality resources because people are just too impatient nowadays.

Markio:
I visit another message board concerning NPR's Sunday puzzle, and it sees weekly posts and replies based on solving the puzzle. I think the forums lack the same incentive to revisit as regularly. There was always the appeal of socializing with the forum regulars, but I think many regulars have simply aged out of perusing forums (being an adult takes up so much of my time!) And without a steady influx of newer members, it makes sense that posts nowadays are few and far between.

Guess I'll have to search for people on Facebook. :p

Lizard Dude:
Facebook's not the ticket. All the action is on Discord.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version